Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: December 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Milwaukee Bucks - 18-11

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jonas feeling himself a little too much settle down big fella lol it’s still Zions team

Jonas on fire so I get it but there is no reason cj should take more shots than Zion night after night I can’t wait until bi get back

Best defense against zion so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Best defense against zion so far this season.
    Fouling the f out of him and causing him to pick up a tech

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Fouling the f out of him and causing him to pick up a tech

He does get fouled..but i like how they have jrue or matthews pressuring him up high then have to deal with that wall as well...they are making him work really hard and daring the others to score

Zion's worst game of the year (partly due to defense, partly other issues) against a fantastic team, leads to a loss. Oh well - kind of regretting staying up for such a predictable outcome but hey, we all make mistakes
    Basketball.

As a side note, I pray that one day Zion gets even close to the whistle Giannis gets.

Basketball Guru
    we need to get back to playing team basketball and stop forcing it to zion and let him get his in the flow of the game.....zion need to get fined at the press conference for going off on the refs......and in these few games, its been one player that beat us and willie has to adjust to it in the game.....

He does get fouled..but i like how they have jrue or matthews pressuring him up high then have to deal with that wall as well...they are making him work really hard and daring the others to score
    Jrue is strong and quick he really does hold up against Zion better than most

8 point game with 6 min to go this game is not over

This idiot tried to flash on camera during the t-shirt gun.

So cringe.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Jrue is strong and quick he really does hold up against Zion better than most
    when he had 2 players helping him.....now going one on one, zion is killing him but that seems like the bucks game plan in these last mins and not giving up any 3s to close the gap.....

4 point game let’s GO

4pt game with 3 minutes left.

Not unwinnable but it would take some real execution that I'm not sure we've got in us right now.

Of all the major sports, without a doubt NBA has the most inconsistent officiating. Hands down.

3 does some stupid stuff when the game is on the line.

Looks like we didn't win this game easily...

Looks like we didn't win this game easily...
    Which, frankly, is what was expected coming in. Bucks game, especially missing key players like Ingram and Nance, is never a game you're confident in winning.

The important thing is our next two: Spurs and Thunder. Gotta win those to get back on track before Christmas.

The good: i hope we see this aggressive Val and that willie would trust him. It's also good for the team to see the tape and check what the bucks did right and what we did wrong, and the adjustments we can do in the future.

Tonight, I was reminded of the 1973 Belmont Stakes when thinking about this year's MVP race. In it, the fabled, Secretariat, beat the field by 31 lengths. Interestingly, the oddsmakers' second choice, Sham, finished dead last in the field. In the beginning of the race, Secretariat and Sham were head to head, but as the race progressed Sham couldn't keep up and faded.

This is not a put down on 'Sham', as just to be in the Belmont Stakes, is accomplishment enough.
    Last edited by As I See It; 12-20-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, they cannot physically force him to do it.
    A player cannot simply refuse to report (or play) where/when the team tells him to. I would think they would fine the heck out of him if true.

Really bad shot by CJ at the end when we had a chance to keep it a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    BI injury is some kind of joke
    Ever tried to run and jump with a toe injury? Especially the big toe? I would guess not based on your post here.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Ever tried to run and jump with a toe injury? Especially the big toe? I would guess not based on your post here.
    He looked good warming up prior to the first Utah game. Must have had a setback I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He looked good warming up prior to the first Utah game. Must have had a setback I guess.
    He did. I don't remember exactly when but he had a setback a few days ago. He's listed as game time decision for the Spurs. I would think he will be back any day now. But its definitely an injury you don't want to push to hard to play through. It could linger all season like a bad ankle sprain causing more missed games.

Thread Information