Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: December 7th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Detroit Pistons - 15-8

Pelicans December 7th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Detroit Pistons - 15-8

Fun fact: we played the Pistons last year on december 10th, almost exactly a year ago. Our record going into that game was 7-20. We wouldn't pick up 15 wins last season until January 11th, 41 games into the year.

Today has all the stereotypical makings of a trap game: Pistons are on a b2b, we've had some time off. We're a good team, at home, they're a bad team on the road. We have more talent, they've got injuries to their young centrepieces. This is like how you would script a trap game, if you could.

That means the Pels will need to be at their top level of focus. If we win tonight, we tie the Suns for the best record in the West - making the showdowns with them over the next week incredibly consequential: after all, they might decide a tie break.

Focus up, and play with intent. Let's see what happens.
    Basketball.

In there last 3 games detroit has defeated the heat and mavs..despite there record they shouldn't be taken lightly. I do feel though that this team is in a serious mindset and have a goal in mind. Beat them convincingly and avoid injuries!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Fun fact: we played the Pistons last year on december 10th, almost exactly a year ago. Our record going into that game was 7-20. We wouldn't pick up 15 wins last season until January 11th, 41 games into the year.

Today has all the stereotypical makings of a trap game: Pistons are on a b2b, we've had some time off. We're a good team, at home, they're a bad team on the road. We have more talent, they've got injuries to their young centrepieces. This is like how you would script a trap game, if you could.

That means the Pels will need to be at their top level of focus. If we win tonight, we tie the Suns for the best record in the West - making the showdowns with them over the next week incredibly consequential: after all, they might decide a tie break.

Focus up, and play with intent. Let's see what happens.
    nothing much for me to say on top of this.... play the game, regardless of who you are playing, and beat the teams you are supposedly better than....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

No surprises on the injury front. BI, Herb, and Cade are all out.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    ok Naji! put his man in the spin cycle lol

Maybe CJ just sucks now

Am I the only one who hates CJ as the 1?

He dribbles and does all this, and there' s nothing happening

This team is struggling

Shirt, Trey hurt

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Maybe CJ just sucks now

Am I the only one who hates CJ as the 1?

He dribbles and does all this, and there' s nothing happening
    i also feel that he dribbles too much. I'd be ok with it if he was on the 2nd unit and didnt have a lot of other options on offense. But with the starters he needs to prioritize ball movement and spot up shooting.

is it me or does Larry always miss a bone headed shot every single freaking game?

This team has to be #1 in turnovers...Either that, or I am watching too much Pelicans game

MOVE THE FRICK'N BALL!!!!!!

nevermind.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 12-07-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Th era of Naji slander is over. With Herb and Trey out he is handling business. Toughness of an enforcer, plays defense, unselfish smart passes, and breaking down the defense off the dribble.

aaaand Naji just sunk a three and then got a steal within about 15 second span

6th turnover.

7th turnover

good assist from CJ off the pick n roll with JV. We got 2 bigs on the floor right now JV and Nance

CJ doing way too much. Running into teammates, walking...all in one possession...

might be time for a timeout. Wide open blown coverage and then Jose with a hectic possession

Willie trying so hard to make CJ fit and he just ain't it, fam

that was weird defense from TM3. its like he tried to lure the guy by giving him an open line to the basket and then explode for a block but just clobbered him instead

TM3 lost focus or something. Just came in the game and picked up 3 silly fouls in 1 minute.

Man, i actually feel empathy for the guys who have to guard Zion. what are they supposed to do

Thread Information