Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Half Game Out

Half Game Out

Just for S&G, don't look now but the Pels are a half game out of first in the West after Dallas took out Phoenix in a beatdown tonight.

If the Pels don't **** the bed against the Pistons and PHX lose to Boston, then the Pels will be number 1 in the West.

Then they play the Suns twice to maintain the top spot.

Anyone know when CP3 is back?

If we look at our schedule for the rest of the year (and the current records of those teams), this is what we get:

- Pistons (6-19)
    - Suns (16-8)
    - Suns (16-8)
    - @ Jazz (14-12)
    - @ Jazz (14-12)
    - @ Suns (16-8)
    - Milwaukee Bucks (17-6)
    - Spurs (6-18) b2b
    - @ Thunder (11-13) b2b
    - Pacers (13-11)
    - Wolves (11-12)
    - Sixers (12-12) b2b
    - @ Grizzlies (15-9) b2b

A lot of solid-to-good teams, and when we play easier teams (Spurs, Thunder, Sixers) they tend to be on b2b situations where one game is on the road. So it's not the easiest year end schedule. However, a lot of these games are at home - if we can go something like 7-6 over these 13 games, I'd be pretty alright with that. I do think better is achievable though; the goal I have in my head is 9-4.

After the New Year, our schedule lightens up considerably: in January, we play Sixers, Rockets, Nets, Mavs, Wizards, Pistons again, Magic, Wizards, and Wolves.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    If the Pels don't **** the bed against the Pistons and PHX lose to Boston, then the Pels will be number 1 in the West.

I want Paul to play. Jose' already proved he can get in his head. And 6'7" DD will smother him.

Season Ticket Holder
    16-8 INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We play the Suns 3xs in the next 6 games. If we aren't in first place after that, we don't deserve to be.

That being said, if we can go at least 4-2 in the next 6, beating the Pistons and only dropping 1 to the Suns and 1 to the Jazz, we will be in really good shape. Personally, I'm hoping for 5-1.

Anyone know when BI is back?

Quote Originally Posted by boutrous View Post
    We play the Suns 3xs in the next 6 games. If we aren't in first place after that, we don't deserve to be.

That being said, if we can go at least 4-2 in the next 6, beating the Pistons and only dropping 1 to the Suns and 1 to the Jazz, we will be in really good shape. Personally, I'm hoping for 5-1.

Anyone know when BI is back?
    That's a good question, from Willie's brief presser after yesterday's practice, it doesn't look like it's going to be for the Detroit game. Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into it, but Willie seemed a bit perplexed when he indicated that BI didn't practice yesterday. Instead, he spent a lot of time around the team, whatever that means. I'm starting to wonder if BI needs to suck it up a bit more when it comes to injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    That's a good question, from Willie's brief presser after yesterday's practice, it doesn't look like it's going to be for the Detroit game. Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into it, but Willie seemed a bit perplexed when he indicated that BI didn't practice yesterday. Instead, he spent a lot of time around the team, whatever that means. I'm starting to wonder if BI needs to suck it up a bit more when it comes to injuries.
    I feel like the ''suck it up'' attitude is true when you're the highest paid player on the team, or you're the only star on a struggling squad, or the team is losing and needs you desperately.

None of those things are true here. BI is paid less than CJ, we have 2 other all-stars, and we're 8-2 in our last 10. BI can take the time, it's not like we're hurting for him missing some games in the first half of the year.

if he has 'turf toe' injury, he could be symptomatic for months.... so don't fret these games in Dec. the jammed great toe seems innocuous, but it can derail an athlete substantially. I hope its not bad

I can't speak to this injury, but I know there has been frustration within the org about BI's willingness to play through and return from minor injuries

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I can't speak to this injury, but I know there has been frustration within the org about BI's willingness to play through and return from minor injuries
    Did you know there if there was frustration within the organizaion when AD showed a lack if 'willingness to play through and return from minior injuries', or is this just 'knowledge' you have come into about Ingram?

AD and BI might be related in someway...

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    They have to be the two softest players in franchise history. Every time BI plays, it?s a milli. Cause he plays about 30 games a season.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Did you know there if there was frustration within the organizaion when AD showed a lack if 'willingness to play through and return from minior injuries', or is this just 'knowledge' you have come into about Ingram?
    I didn't have any inside stuff when AD was here

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    They have to be the two softest players in franchise history. Every time BI plays, it?s a milli. Cause he plays about 30 games a season.
    They absolutely love BI and his work ethic. I wouldn't even consider him soft, but for one reason or another he just doesn't like to play through injuries. At least now we have Z and CJ to pick up that slack

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    They are...

They were included in trades for one another. Knowing where the Pelicans are today and where the Lakers are, any regrets?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    you must be a phony Michael McNamara Twitter guy!
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

They absolutely love BI and his work ethic. I wouldn't even consider him soft, but for one reason or another he just doesn't like to play through injuries. At least now we have Z and CJ to pick up that slack
    The good news is that we have absolutely no need for him to play through injuries, at least not right now. He can take his time and rest up. If it was the playoffs, or if we were on a losing skid, I'm sure he'd be more willing to return soon but why bother any risk when we're 4-1 in our last 5?

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    you must be a phony Michael McNamara Twitter guy!
    Maybe I am him!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The good news is that we have absolutely no need for him to play through injuries, at least not right now. He can take his time and rest up. If it was the playoffs, or if we were on a losing skid, I'm sure he'd be more willing to return soon but why bother any risk when we're 4-1 in our last 5?
    Totally agree. We will need a stretch with our main 3 healthy at some point to build chemistry, but at this point in the season it is not worth the risk. That being said, I think he'll be back for the weekend series

Totally agree. We will need a stretch with our main 3 healthy at some point to build chemistry, but at this point in the season it is not worth the risk. That being said, I think he'll be back for the weekend series
    I think Herb will be, I doubt BI is back for both against the Suns.

Maybe CJ just sucks now

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    so it was written so let it be done

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    so it was written so let it be done
    Really? Nostradamus.

Everyone knew when they were 15-8 and their next opponent was Detroit there was a 95% chance of this happening.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Really? Nostradamus.

Everyone knew when they were 15-8 and their next opponent was Detroit there was a 95% chance of this happening.
    Is it ok with you that we celebrate being first place in the division or nah?

Thread Information