Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: December 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs denver Nuggets - 14-8

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Interesting choice of words.... Check out this tweet, from about an hour before you posted this. Now, I know who one of the fake twitter Michael McNamara's is. Just have to figure out the other

https://twitter.com/bestpractices22/...40615137890307
    Not me - not that you'll believe it - but thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. Just doesn't taking a genius to figure out that we're probably going to beat the Pistons.
    Basketball.

For the record, if I were trying to imitate Mcnamara, I know far better than to say something positive about the Pelicans. Ruins the ruse.

Of course Anthony Davis has to go nuts for 4 straight games.

Cant have everything I guess.

Regardless, I thought this team would be carried by their offense like the Celtics for the first part of the year. Defense is ahead of schedule.

That is a good thing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    AD has always been an awesome player when healthy, people who thought otherwise are kidding themselves. When we play the Lakers we need JV, Nance, even Willie to go against AD because Zion doesnt match up well against him. Zion matches up really well against Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    AD has always been an awesome player when healthy, people who thought otherwise are kidding themselves. When we play the Lakers we need JV, Nance, even Willie to go against AD because Zion doesnt match up well against him. Zion matches up really well against Lebron.
    When he was still in New Orleans, there was a time when him vs Giannis was a legitimate conversation. Of course, Giannis surpassed him some years ago now, but he's a special player when

A) Healthy
    B) Motivated.

The issue is that he's barely ever both.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    AD won't keep this up. He can be slowed down by tough defenders like Draymond.

He just has to show his butt while the Pels are winning just to be a party pooper.

Zion deserves player of the week but sadly he's not going to get it because of Brow's gaudy numbers.

Zion has been roughly 29/10/6/2/2 on something like +20 +/- (can't remember the exact numbers, Mason Ginsberg put them on Twitter).

Brow has been like, 38/13/3/0/3 with +7 +/-

Zion is 4-0, Brow is 3-1

But Brow is in LA and people care about points more than anything so he'll win even though his record is worse

Worth noting that 77% of AD's field goals on his 55 point night were assisted. And 72% were assisted when he had 44 against Milwaukee.

Meanwhile 33% of Zion's 30 against the Spurs were assisted and 33% of his 33 against the Raptors were. Tonight against the Nuggets it was 44%.

So for all those saying how much Zion doesn't have much of an offensive game vs AD.

Zion is scoring on his own MUCH more than AD is. But I've said countless times Zion is 10xs further along on the offensive side of the ball than AD was at age 22. And that's even without a jump shot.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So for all those saying how much Zion doesn't have much of an offensive game vs AD.

Zion is scoring on his own MUCH more than AD is. But I've said countless times Zion is 10xs further along on the offensive side of the ball than AD was at age 22. And that's even without a jump shot.
    Zion is also, at age 22, a far far far far more advanced playmaker for others than Tony has ever been. Worth noting when tallying up offensive value; name a time Tony has ever led the league in potential assists even once. Zion's already done it a few nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not me - not that you'll believe it - but thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. Just doesn't taking a genius to figure out that we're probably going to beat the Pistons.
    Wait.... THATS your best defense? That both posts were just simply about beating the Pistons?? C'mon, you can do better than that.

In both posts, the first sentence is about the Pistons and being on a back to back before our game. Your one on here is a little different than your one on Twitter because you did the one on here at the end of the Memphis/Detroit game. So, sure those are slightly different and could easily be a thought had by many different people. But then, a break. A new sentence, and

16-8 incoming

Go look through twitter, through this board, through Pelicans talk and log the amount of times that happens. A new sentence, a new line, and '16-8 incoming'. That is insanely specific cadence and context. The odds of that being two different people is like 100,000 to 1. And if you had posted it here first and then it got posted on twitter, maybe I buy someone read you on here first and then copied it on there, but the Twitter one was posted first. You got busted. Its fine.

Oh, and I know the other one (@mcnamara247) is you 13-3. You have been doing fake accounts of me for nearly a half decade now. I know your style. But I actually would like to have that twitter tag back if you dont mind. In case I want to go back on some day. That was my OG account. Please and thank you. See - I asked nice.
    @mcnamara247

Season Ticket Holder
    Can you take your self-absorbed bickering somewhere else? Send the guy a DM. No one cares.

I was in the SKC last night. I'm not even kidding, the guy next to me fell asleep in the first quarter. Then, Jose comes in and HOLY CRAP THE PLACE WENT BESERK! Zion was dominant and Trey's two dunks were orgasmic!

Love this team. Love the positivity. Can't wait to see this team healthy (I hope!).

Wait.... THATS your best defense? That both posts were just simply about beating the Pistons?? C'mon, you can do better than that.

In both posts, the first sentence is about the Pistons and being on a back to back before our game. Your one on here is a little different than your one on Twitter because you did the one on here at the end of the Memphis/Detroit game. So, sure those are slightly different and could easily be a thought had by many different people. But then, a break. A new sentence, and

16-8 incoming
    Mac, I know you've seen enough basketball posts to know that the ''XYZ incoming'' formulation is a pretty common one. I also posted a ''Team's XYZ, league's ****ed'' comment earlier in this thread and despite that being a very particular phrasing we both know that if you search it on twitter you'll find dozens of completely different people posting that exact same phrase. Why? Because it's become part of the common parlance precisely because it's such a distinctive phrasing.

I also know that you're never going to accept that, or any other denial, because it flatters your ego to think that people love spending their time imitating you and you like nothing more than having your ego stoked. So I'm not going to waste a bunch of time trying to muster a 'defense' - you can believe what you like.

If you say its not you, I believe you. You just gotta admit that is a WILD coincidence

Either way, whoever the other one is, please just change it to your real name. I get 5 texts a week asking if I said this or that. It was funny at first, annoying now. And 13-3, just give me back the @mcnamara247 one please.

Again, asking nice. Expecting nothing to come of it, but curious to see if anyone just gives it up.

What?s the lineup when CJ and BI are fully healthy??.cause Jose and Trey are perfect fits for Zion?and will reinserting them just further enhance our depth or make Zion lesser than he is now (MVP candidate). And if it?s the latter, do we consider trades?

If you say its not you, I believe you. You just gotta admit that is a WILD coincidence

Either way, whoever the other one is, please just change it to your real name. I get 5 texts a week asking if I said this or that. It was funny at first, annoying now. And 13-3, just give me back the @mcnamara247 one please.

Again, asking nice. Expecting nothing to come of it, but curious to see if anyone just gives it up.
    Wait, so what?
    Neither @mcnamara247 or @bestpractice22 are you?

I don't believe that...

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Wait, so what?
    Neither @mcnamara247 or @bestpractice22 are you?

I don't believe that...

Well, @mcnamara247 is suspended on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by pjk481 View Post
    Well, @mcnamara247 is suspended on twitter
    As he should be. The ******** comments about Jen should have him banned.

Bestpractice22 is absolutely Mac lol

In his last three games, Zion has been guarded primarily by OG Anunoby, Keldon Johnson, and Aaron Gordon. These are the guys that are supposed to be built to guard Zion, and he is absolutely torching them. I am just not sure there is a player in the NBA truly suited to handle him, especially not in a 7 game series. I could see AD having a nice game or 2 against him, but you are telling me AD is going to take that punishment 7 games in a row? No shot. JJJ going to last 7 games against Zion? I don't think so. Phx going to play Torrey Craig 35 minutes per night? lol. I honestly don't know what type of player I want guarding him. Whoever you choose, Pels have a mismatch

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    We lose and this board is full. We win big games and crickets. SMH SMH SMH
    That's because a lot of the so called fans that come on here are only happy when they're miserable and can complain about things not going well.

A little side note, but I wonder if the Pels would revisit their love for Patrick Williams as a second draft candidate. The Bulls are clearly frustrated with his development thus far, but would they be frustrated enough to move him for a package centered around Jax and a lightly protected first. Would the Pels be interested in giving up that much for a guy who hasnt shown a ton, but one they had extremely high grades on coming out of college?

A lot of people out there want Bojan, but I would be much more interested in finding out what the price for Pat Williams is

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    What?s the lineup when CJ and BI are fully healthy??.cause Jose and Trey are perfect fits for Zion?and will reinserting them just further enhance our depth or make Zion lesser than he is now (MVP candidate). And if it?s the latter, do we consider trades?
    I would think the starting 5 remains intact when 100% healthy:

JV
    Zion
    Herb
    BI
    CJ

I like the idea of starting the game with those five and run the offense without much direction. Then, Zion subs out early. When he comes back, he dominates the other teams' second unit. We run Point-Zion with maybe Dyson-Trey-Jose-Zion-Larry....or something like that. I have a feeling that with Dyson's emergence, Naji will see limited minutes and DNPs. I don't know how to predict Willie's use of Devante.

When the team is fully healthy, we will have quality players not playing. Do we make a trade? I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    We lose and this board is full. We win big games and crickets. SMH SMH SMH
    Odd coming from a guy with 269 posts in 14 years. May have a lot of other lurkers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    A little side note, but I wonder if the Pels would revisit their love for Patrick Williams as a second draft candidate. The Bulls are clearly frustrated with his development thus far, but would they be frustrated enough to move him for a package centered around Jax and a lightly protected first. Would the Pels be interested in giving up that much for a guy who hasnt shown a ton, but one they had extremely high grades on coming out of college?

A lot of people out there want Bojan, but I would be much more interested in finding out what the price for Pat Williams is
    Cannot imagine they would be willing to give up on him yet.

Thread Information