Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: December 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs denver Nuggets - 14-8

Our team is kinda stacked. Crazy to think that we actually stand a chance at obtaining the no. 1 seed

The weather feels different up here at the #2 spot

Pels stacked, league ****ed
    Basketball.

I think it was fred that they interviewed at halftime regarding defending Jokic. He said they have a plan for him defensively that they were going to start doing in the second half. They didn't want to show it right away because Jokic would have adjusted. Once val was out they threw multiple looks defensively with helps and such.. and good job on billy for playing well as well!

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    We lose and this board is full. We win big games and crickets. SMH SMH SMH
    Lot of people are watching NFL and World Cup. NBA TV viewership doesn't really begin to kick in until after Christmas. On the flip side an early game on a football Sunday in the SKC with 15,658/16,867 = 93% of capacity. Not bad IMO.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    We lose and this board is full. We win big games and crickets. SMH SMH SMH
    LSU fans sleeping off a hangover after drowning their sorrows last night, and Tulane fans just going to bed after celebrating their conference championship last night means no one in NOLA is awake this early on Sunday.

And no Saints game to get up for.

Basketball Guru
    this was a good win....this team is 13 good deep.....jose came in hot..dude had to much energy for denver to handle...

billy had his best game and hope he can stay positive because i know he will get alot of bench action going forward...

i wish willie would get out of his norm when we have a unit thats balling....the last 5mins of the game, i wish willie would have gone with nance,,billy, jose,,cj and zion....billy was bodying jokic and getting away with it and nance had good help defense on jokic and those 2 had a advantage on both ends of the court against jokic and gordon....then go with point zion and he would of had a mismatch...let jose and cj stand outside the 3pt line and let zion attack which would lead to zion getting fouled,, scoring or dishing to nance or billy for a dunk....

and the refs was calling every lil touch jonas did to jokic but that worked out to our favor....

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    This was before today's game.

23 games into the year, the Pels are 15-8.

4 game winstreak, tied for longest winstreak in the NBA.
    8-2 over our last 10, tied with Phoenix and Celtics for the best 10-game record in the NBA
    2nd best Net Rating in the West

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Damn I missed the game didnt realize it was an early one. Would have loved to see Jose career best performance he is my fav player on the squad.

Just wanted to chime in before the usual suspects come in with their standard raining on folks? parades and say that this team showed a LOT of heart today and has been doing so the last few games. This team has come a long way under coach Green.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 12-04-2022 at 06:17 PM.

https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...een-since-1970

New Orleans Pelicans guard Jose Alvarado set an NBA record when he scored 38 points off the bench in a 121-106 win over the Denver Nuggets, the most scored by an undrafted player off the bench since “starters were first tracked in 1970-71,”

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    23 games into the year, the Pels are 15-8.

4 game winstreak, tied for longest winstreak in the NBA.
    8-2 over our last 10, tied with Phoenix and Celtics for the best 10-game record in the NBA
    2nd best Net Rating in the West
    This is great to hear and for the rest of the league and fans to know. And they are a young team that is only getting better.

And while it's absolutely easy to say that a lot of those opponents have been bad teams, not all of them have been!

Nuggets
    Raptors
    Grizzlies
    Warriors

All currently playoff teams with winning records.

Oh also, we now have a few days off and our next game is at home against the Pistons who are currently 6-18 and are down against Memphis as we speak (and so will probably be 6-19 when we play them).

16-8 incoming.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-ne...een-since-1970

New Orleans Pelicans guard Jose Alvarado set an NBA record when he scored 38 points off the bench in a 121-106 win over the Denver Nuggets, the most scored by an undrafted player off the bench since “starters were first tracked in 1970-71,”
    great to hear and congrats 100 times over to Jose....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Oh also, we now have a few days off and our next game is at home against the Pistons who are currently 6-18 and are down against Memphis as we speak (and so will probably be 6-19 when we play them).

16-8 incoming.
    Grizzlies won.

We don't play now until the Pistons game - the Pistons, on the other hand, play @Miami before we face them; we're their second night of a back to back. Should be a good win.

I really hope we'll be healthy and complete by the time we face Phoenix. That's one team i want to beat badly and would give the guys that extra confidence

16-8 incoming.
    Interesting choice of words.... Check out this tweet, from about an hour before you posted this. Now, I know who one of the fake twitter Michael McNamara's is. Just have to figure out the other

https://twitter.com/bestpractices22/...40615137890307
    @mcnamara247

All-Star
    Pels stacked, league ****ed
    short and sharp from you mate I like it. You must be excited.

I know most teams don't win it all until your star players are in their mid-late 20s, but I wonder if the Pelicans feel some pressure to go for it soon while they have 3-4 rotational players on well below market rates.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Interesting choice of words.... Check out this tweet, from about an hour before you posted this. Now, I know who one of the fake twitter Michael McNamara's is. Just have to figure out the other

Busted! ��

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    This was before today's game.
    Correct. Let me update this. Ah yes...much better.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

You'll double your friends

Thread Information