Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: November 30th - New Orleans Pelicans v Toronto Raptors - 12-8

Zion is so, so, so good when he's on.
    Basketball.

The Temple/Billy/Graham lineup at the end of the 3rd that gave up 11 pts in 2 min was a bad idea

Ok let’s get out of here healthy

Zion's final stat line: 33/10/5 with 4stls and 2blks on 80% shooting.

May not see As I See It for a while, he may enter the troll protection program.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    epic collapse
    was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Zion's final stat line: 33/10/5 with 4stls and 2blks on 80% shooting.
    He really showcased what he can do this game. If anything this game maybe proves that he is too differential when the other star players are in. We should be running the offense through him despite how good BI and CJ are. 80 percent shooting is ridiculous.

Billy is not good at all I'm sorry. I would rather Jaxson

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Are you here to float more ideas about trading Zion?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    He really showcased what he can do this game. If anything this game maybe proves that he is too differential when the other star players are in. We should be running the offense through him despite how good BI and CJ are. 80 percent shooting is ridiculous.
    He's special special.

I know it was a while ago now, so people have forgotten a bit, but the last season he played he scored at a rate that only one other player in NBA history has exceeded: 37 points per 100 on 8%rTS iirc.

Combine that with the fact that he is both willing and able to pass, there's no mystery as to why when he was playing that season, we had one of the best offenses in the NBA. Ingram was also on that team, so we know he can fit alongside that and take turns on ball at times too.

The question is: will CJ accept that secondary role?

Edit: really, it's a tertiary role because he'd be behind Ingram too.

The night is not yet over guys, lakers still playing in a bit

13-8, Pels are 5 games above .500.

Pels playing at a 51 win pace.

51 wins would be the second best regular season in team history. Highest since the name change; the only season that beats it is the 56 win 07-8 Hornets run.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's special special.

I know it was a while ago now, so people have forgotten a bit, but the last season he played he scored at a rate that only one other player in NBA history has exceeded: 37 points per 100 on 8%rTS iirc.

Combine that with the fact that he is both willing and able to pass, there's no mystery as to why when he was playing that season, we had one of the best offenses in the NBA. Ingram was also on that team, so we know he can fit alongside that and take turns on ball at times too.

The question is: will CJ accept that secondary role?

Edit: really, it's a tertiary role because he'd be behind Ingram too.
    CJ can flourish off ball, but if he wants to be the guy running the offense we should at least try letting him come off the bench and lead the 2nd unit Manu Ginobli style

Quote Originally Posted by urboyJD View Post
    was it?
    From 31 to 11? It “was”

Or, did you interpret my epic collapse = me saying “we lost”

CJ can flourish off ball, but if he wants to be the guy running the offense we should at least try letting him come off the bench and lead the 2nd unit Manu Ginobli style
    Can flourish, the question is whether he will or not. He spent all off-season talking about how excited he was to come in to the Pels and show he can be a lead guard, a lead ball handler, a point guard. Then, so far, he's leading the team on shot attempts per game and touches by a significant margin. He seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it.

If this team wants to peak, it needs CJ to step back.

Our next game is @ Spurs lmao

No. There is less than a -100% chance they ever ask CJ to come off the bench.

And they'd be complete morons to ask him.

People really just getting caught up in the moment.

Another great game. I really expected an L with all the bodies out.

If not for the stupid OT losses they'd be right there with the Celtics and Suns with the league's best record.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    From 31 to 11? It “was”

Or, did you interpret my epic collapse = me saying “we lost”
    A good opponent going on a run isn't an epic collapse. You act like they went on a 20 point run taking it from 31-11. Their biggest run was 11. That is not an epic collapse. That's overly dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by urboyJD View Post
    A good opponent going on a run isn't an epic collapse. You act like they went on a 20 point run taking it from 31-11. Their biggest run was 11. That is not an epic collapse. That's overly dramatic.
    This board can't help itself. Whenever its a tie game people are beside themselves talking about how bad this team is

For the rest of the night, rooting for Indy to beat SAC, Houston to beat Nuggets, Utah to beat Clippers, Blazers to beat Lakers.

Pels, as of right now, sit in sole ownership of the 3rd seed in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I'm here and posted in this thread.

Where have you been?

Thanks, the fact that I get a post all to myself from you says a lot about you. Indeed, I'm honored to be in your head.

Zion deserves praise for letting the game come to him. Really thought he'd go for 40 for the first time, but he made defensive plays and shared the ball.

Also.... Trey Murphy.

Thread Information