Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: November 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Oklahoma City Thunder - 11-8

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    big and 1 for Zion to take the lead with 44 seconds left. Clutch

just gotta get points here

damn herb just took control of the last two seconds! cold blooded

Way closer game than it had any right to be.

23/8/8 with 3 blocks for Zion, on 61%FG. 1FTA.

Shout out to Trey for 20 points and a really nice closing sequence from Herb. He had 4 steals.

28 dyson minutes, he was good.
    Basketball.

Missing 4 main players, which if they were there it won't have been close, they win. I was so nerves during that ending.

Call as I see it...

#1 has a grievance against the league. Griff better be on the phone to Seacaucus, NJ right now.

Jose' does things for this team that can't be measured and that CJ will never contribute.

It shouldnt have been that close but on the plus side, we got to see the Pelicans perform well in the final minute of a game with the result hanging in the balance. I've been underwhelmed previously by how we've done in these situations. Tonight we saw the team in the final minute put up great offensive possessions and big time defensive stops plus knock down key FTs to ice the game. Stepping up in the final minute of a game is so important.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Jose' does things for this team that can't be measured and that CJ will never contribute.
    I wanna see the lob from Jose to Zion more... like multiple times a game!

Herb sonning Poku was a thing of beauty...

I heard a stat on tv that teams that win at least 12 of their first 20 games have a 91% chance of making the playoffs.

Confirms what we all already knew. Now we know it more.

I honestly expected an L tonight because OKC is scrappy as hell. Great Win.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I wanna see the lob from Jose to Zion more... like multiple times a game!
    He should be getting lobs from every guard and wing multiple times per game.

The one thing I miss about Lonzo.

Took way too long to hit 100 games, but there we go. Train's still rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Yeah people forget how little NBA game experience Zion actually has.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Yeah people forget how little NBA game experience Zion actually has.
    I've said it before, but I really do think that when people judge Zion's progress in terms of adding to his game, they do so with the mindset of ''its his 4th year''. Which is totally fair - after all, he'll be getting paid like a 5th year star next season, so why not?

But in practical terms, given how many injuries he's had and training camps missed, he's a 2nd year player in all practical purposes.

First 10 games ... 5-5
    Second 10 games... 7-3

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I am not even going to mention how close he might have been if he had been given all the free throws he was entitled to....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

OKC unis tonight looked like a Tide laundry detergent box.

Shot at the buzzer (indiana) beats the Lakers. Lakers blew a 17 point lead.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    zion dont have any free throws smdh....
    while SGA was awarded 18 FT's for the game. So absurd!

Just looking at the team's statlines updated, as I do after every game - and it's always nice to see the numbers supporting the eye test.

Zion's posting a positive defensive BPM for the first season of his career.

dyson is a +2.5 dBPM, which is great for anyone but is exceptional for a rookie: he hasn't played enough minutes to qualify for the leaderboard, but if he had, he would be tied with Tony davis for 5th best defensive BPM in the league.

Meanwhile, Trey is shooting 49/40/94, very close to a 50/40/90 season, and he's currently leading the NBA in FT% at 93.9%. He's hit 31/33 from the stripe so far this year - this is after shooting 45/51 (88.2%) from the line last year. He's gone from -1.2 BPM last year with 55.8%TS, to +2.8 BPM this year on 65.5%TS.

Season Ticket Holder
    I'm mad at Herb Jones for taking that charge, cause Zion blocked the heck out of that shot. If Zion blocked that potential game-tying shot it would have led all the highlight shows. Cause he jumped like he did at Duke!

I am only half-joking.

I'm glad we won this game but it was the worst referee game of the season. SGA had 18 free throws and Zion only 1?? These are some f… jokes Man.

Last 2 minute report says one bad call against OKC on the charge. Which looked like a good call to me.

But there were THREE bad calls against the Pelicans before that. Including a defensive 3 seconds that wasn't called on SGA.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...hance-tie-game

With 1:14 left, Gilgeous-Alexander should have been called for a defensive three-second violation, giving the Pelicans a technical free throw and the ball. The Pelicans did hit a 3-pointer on that possession to give them a 100-98 lead.

Dyson Daniels also should have gone to the free throw line twice in the final 34 seconds. With 34.0 left after recovering a loose ball in the corner, Gilgeous-Alexander should have been called for a foul for making contact with Daniels' body. That play resulted in a jump ball that Daniels won, but the Pelicans missed a 3-pointer on their possession.

Also, when that 3-pointer went up, Thunder guard Lu Dort moved forward into Daniels' body, according to the report, and Daniels should have been awarded free throws with 9.5 seconds to play.

Thread Information