Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: November 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - 10-7

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Graham is on fire from 3 point

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Devonte is feeling it this game
    he might be settling into a role for this team at last!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    he might be settling into a role for this team at last!
    I've been fooled by him before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I've been fooled by him before.
    Im starting to think its what the rest of the team is doing that matters more. If there is good ball movement and they can find Graham in catch and shoot situations where he is reasonably open, that's how to have success with him.

I am so happy for Graham. No matter if he is on the team playing like this or if they can get someone just as good or better, but at another position. Like a good or great defensive player. Regardless him playing like this helps the Pels.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Im starting to think its what the rest of the team is doing that matters more. If there is good ball movement and they can find Graham in catch and shoot situations where he is reasonably open, that's how to have success with him.
    Graham's been really solid this year tbh. I'd prefer his minutes mostly go to Jose and dyson as much as anyone else, but at least when he's played he's been a positive contributor. Can't get too mad at that. Most of his real problems have been lineup related.
    Basketball.

Up 66-47 at the half.

17/7 with 2stls and a block for Zion
    18/4 with a block for JV
    18 with a steal and a block for Graham

Spurs have to feel like they are in an NBA Jam video game trying to guard Zion.

It's the Spurs, yes, but there are Pels teams of the past who would have lost this game anyway. As a team we have a horrible history of rising or sinking to meet our opponents. This is what good teams should be doing: definitively beating the bad teams.

Zion 32 pts 11 rebs
    Jonas 22 pts 10 rebs
    BI 17 pts 10 ast

Three guys with double doubles in a low energy game.

Nice to see charlotte Devonte this year. He's been getting it done on both ends.

One of the main signs of a great team is winning blow outs against bad teams. Two back to back blow outs is a sign that this team is on its way to greatness

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    all around solid effort....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The West is so bunched up this year so far. We're currently in a 3-way tie for 2nd seed. If LAC loses (currently down 19 to GS) then it'll be a 2-way tie with Nuggets.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    a bit redundant with Trey perhaps, but I could still see McDermott filling a solid bench role here....a little long in the tooth, but he can still shoot....

It may be safe to say Zion has his touch back.

Zion's touch around the rim is crazy good! And he is getting better defensively as well...good to see that from him!

Awesome to see the team maintaining 15-25 point leads rather than risking a close loss. Building a domination expectation rather than just a winning one is a welcome change. The balance of minutes in the 20s and 30s is exactly where we want to be.

Even though CJ hasn't played as consistently this year due to illness, I still think it was great that we got him included in the Larry Nance trade. I valued Josh Hart very highly, but Larry has been a revelation and CJ looks like he will also be a strong contributor once healthy. Thank you David Griffin and the entire staff for assembling and growing a unique team that seems to have high character and unselfish unity. This is the best I've felt about our team since Peja, PJ Brown and Ryan Bowen were on the Hornets....

I know Graham has been mentioned as a possible trade candidate, but is he making enough threes now that we won’t move him? I think we should move Hayes, Temple, and two seconds for another player. We just need a seller that’s ready to tank.

Really solid win guys !

Quote Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
    I know Graham has been mentioned as a possible trade candidate, but is he making enough threes now that we won?t move him? I think we should move Hayes, Temple, and two seconds for another player. We just need a seller that?s ready to tank.
    You expect to trade the very end of our bench, for who exactly? What player do you expect to exchange for our two worst players who you then want to give minutes to over our current guys?

All it takes is one team that thinks Hayes has value.

Thread Information