Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: November 21st - New Orleans Pelicans v Golden State Warriors - 9-7

Pelicans November 21st - New Orleans Pelicans v Golden State Warriors - 9-7

Zion is listed as probable to play, Trey is listed as questionable - that's for the injury report for us.

Tonight we play the 8-9 Warriors, who have won 3 out of their last 4 despite a very slow start to the year. Now, in fairness, those three wins were against the Spurs, Knicks, and Rockets, which is not exactly the high watermark of quality basketball, but that shouldn't make the team complacent: we're prone to boneheaded play at times too, so we can be taken advantage of if the team doesn't show up locked in.

Let's see what happens.
    Basketball.

Who does HE guard tonight?

Draymond?

Clay?

Andrew?

I'm sure JV takes Looney and Herb will try his hand on Steph.

YIKES!!!

Its not a good thing that we play them after they played all of these bad teams and are getting their confidence back.
    We had luck 1st time we met them since they rested everyone, now we will see how it looks when they are complete. I think we matchup awfull with them, but its one regular season game so everything can happen. I will not be disapointed with a loss as long we fought good and have no injuries.
    And of course, we have to take care of the Spurs and Grizzlies without Morant and possibly Bane...

No steph klay and dray again... need to play them better this time around.

Basketball Guru
    golden state played last night and starters played 30+ minutes....if golden state does not go crazy from 3 in the first period like boston did to us then we should take this game....golden state 1-8 on the road, winning last night....zion should not have any problems guarding green tonight if he plays.....

https://twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/st...ZlEU0Nlf5OxhAQ

Looks like the warriors are sitting everyone again.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    https://twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/st...ZlEU0Nlf5OxhAQ

Looks like the warriors are sitting everyone again.
    Good. I want to win. We have a better chance to win if Steph doesn't play. I admit that I feel bad for any kids out there who really wanted to see Steph play. But not too much.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Who does HE guard tonight?

Draymond?

Clay?

Andrew?

I'm sure JV takes Looney and Herb will try his hand on Steph.

YIKES!!!
    Won't mater tonight, but I'm not sure why you would be concerned about Zion guarding Dray. Pretty easy matchup at this point in his career

Just checked the exact numbers: Warriors are 1-8 on the road so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Won't mater tonight, but I'm not sure why you would be concerned about Zion guarding Dray. Pretty easy matchup at this point in his career
    No such thing as easy for HIM.

Well, that's how you'd expect a quarter to go in this matchup given who is and isn't playing.

Slow first quarter back from Zion, looked alright generally but was missing shots he should make and was a bit timid on a few plays, hopefully we'll see that pick back up as he was just rounding into form when he went out.

Ingram came in ready to play, which is always fun.

What I love so much about running up big leads early is that it *should* take stress off the team. Note, not urgency, but stress.

I you're up 19 after the first, you aren't required to ever win another quarter. You can lose every quarter by a few points and still win double digits. That's how significant that safety cushion is, so you should basically never let anything rattle you after that point and just execute your game with no pressure.

Of course it rarely works out that way, but that's how I feel about it.

Up 24 at the half. So far, just pretty clear outclassing. Jose has been just working.

This is exactly how this game should be going.

Ingram's just having a barn burner of a game

Warriors have 9 assists so far this game.

Feels good seeing this blowout. I expected it to be close like last game but this is way better!
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

What a massacre.

Did Alvarado dunk?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    My god what a butt whooping

45 point victory to end the homestand.

That's fun. Pelicans improve to 10-7 on the season, 6-3 at home.

Our next game is against the 6-12 Spurs, btw.

Show me some luv! Contributor apjung's Avatar
    Somewhere in Metairie, Louisiana, United States, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, The Universe
    Yesterday, the New Orleans Saints defeated the defending Super Bowl Champions Los Angeles Rams in New Orleans.

The New Orleans Pelicans just defeated the defending NBA Champions Golden State Warriors in New Orleans.

What were the odds of this happening?

Win #10 comes on Nov 21st. Last season, win #10 was on Dec 17th. We're almost a month ahead.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I feel sorry (again) for the folks who paid good money to see the "real" Warriors....however, the Pel's played for the moment and really took care of business tonight....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I feel sorry (again) for the folks who paid good money to see the "real" Warriors....however, the Pel's played for the moment and really took care of business tonight....
    Exactly. Seen a lot of Warriors fans on twitter complaining about happy Pels fans because it wasn't the 'real' Warriors. Who cares? Team can only play the team in front of them, nobody felt bad for us in past years when we had massive injury issues. We played the Warriors that we were given and hey, they might not be 'real' but that W sure is.

Thread Information