Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: November 15th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 7-6

Pelicans November 15th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 7-6

Injury Report: Zion is questionable.

We've had that annoying kind of injury luck so far this year where nothing has been major but almost everyone has kinda had something. We're 13 games behind us, and so far Zion's missed 2, Ingram's missed 4, Herb's missed 4, Nance has missed 1, etc. Nobody with anything major, nobody for a long time, but just always people coming in and out.

In any case, today we're playing the Grizzlies. On their injury report, of course Jaren Jackson Jr remains out, and Bane is also listed as doubtful with a toe issue.

Memphis are 4-4 on the road, so while they're an excellent team overall this year they have been beatable on the road. It would be a very good win for us tonight if we could pick it up, but it will also require some grit. Of course Bane being out would be helpful, as he's averaging 24/4/4 on 62%TS, and he has a +19 On/Off, so him being out would be significant.

Let's see what happens. Fingers crossed for a good game.
    Basketball.

No Bane

Memphis is the kind of team I'd like to see the Pels experiment with starting Nance against Adams, and then bring Jonas off the bench to go against their smaller back up centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyquem View Post
    Memphis is the kind of team I'd like to see the Pels experiment with starting Nance against Adams, and then bring Jonas off the bench to go against their smaller back up centers.
    Adams is the exact type of center that Jonas matches up well with.

Zion finished the last game with nothing noticeable. Had 2 days off. Then comes into this game questionable.

Meanwhile for Boston, neither Tatum nor Brown has missed a game while both averaging 37 mins per game. Thats a good 5 mins more than Ingram and Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Zion finished the last game with nothing noticeable. Had 2 days off. Then comes into this game questionable.

Meanwhile for Boston, neither Tatum nor Brown has missed a game while both averaging 37 mins per game. Thats a good 5 mins more than Ingram and Zion.
    Neither of them have anything like the injury history Zion and BI have. Some people are lucky, in that way. They've had injuries, sure, but BI has missed at *least* 20 games every year of his career and we all know Zion's history up to this point.

Plus, each of them have missed plenty of games in the past. Both Tatum and Brown have multiple seasons where they've missed 20+ games.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

It looked like he twisted his ankle. It’s quite possible he played through the pain and it got worse after.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar

One has nothing to do with the other

Hoping to see JV do well against Adams. Curious if both teams will be able to use their big guys deep into the 4th quarter against each other. It sucks never being able to have JV's boards at the end of a game.

I know you have watched or played sports long enough to know that once you stop moving a sprained ankle, it swells and gets worse.

I'd expect Z to go based on the betting trends. Was a pick em yesterday after Zion was placed on the injury report. Now up to -3.5 in favor of the Pels. Has gotten as high as -4.5. I don't think that happens if Zion's status was truly in question. The NBA has been cracking down on disclosure of injuries lately. That may be all this is

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Injury Report: Zion is questionable.

We've had that annoying kind of injury luck so far this year where nothing has been major but almost everyone has kinda had something. We're 13 games behind us, and so far Zion's missed 2, Ingram's missed 4, Herb's missed 4, Nance has missed 1, etc. Nobody with anything major, nobody for a long time, but just always people coming in and out.

In any case, today we're playing the Grizzlies. On their injury report, of course Jaren Jackson Jr remains out, and Bane is also listed as doubtful with a toe issue.

Memphis are 4-4 on the road, so while they're an excellent team overall this year they have been beatable on the road. It would be a very good win for us tonight if we could pick it up, but it will also require some grit. Of course Bane being out would be helpful, as he's averaging 24/4/4 on 62%TS, and he has a +19 On/Off, so him being out would be significant.

Let's see what happens. Fingers crossed for a good game.
    Pretty sure JJJ is playing.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Exactly. Also, we don't know if he dinged it in practice.

Let's bellyache about Zion after he misses games, not in advance of a game he might miss.

Basketball Guru
    start graham,,CJ, BI, zion and jonas.....then let the secondline come in all together.. jose, naji, trey, herb and nance....let jose and graham run the show and take the ball out of CJ hands so he can just focus on scoring.......thats my wish....

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    I don't see how it doesn't. All of them play basketball in the NBA as leaders of their respective franchises in 2022.

Just making a simple parallel that so far this year, those Boston guys have been iron men while ours continue to be paper mache. Regardless of the reason including bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Pretty sure JJJ is playing.
    He's currently listed as questionable according to Grizz twitter, has yet to play a game this season, and only started doing 5v5 workouts last week. He could be back, it wouldn't be a shocker, but it's also possible he doesn't play.

I don't see how it doesn't. All of them play basketball in the NBA as leaders of their respective franchises in 2022.

Just making a simple parallel that so far this year, those Boston guys have been iron men while ours continue to be paper mache. Regardless of the reason including bad luck.
    We'll see if they stay healthy playing that many minutes without missing games at that usage level

He's currently listed as questionable according to Grizz twitter, has yet to play a game this season, and only started doing 5v5 workouts last week. He could be back, it wouldn't be a shocker, but it's also possible he doesn't play.

fwiw

He's only started doing 5 on 5. The Pels make their players do 5 on 5 for weeks before they play.
    Too cautious.

He's only started doing 5 on 5. The Pels make their players do 5 on 5 for weeks before they play.
    Too cautious.
    JJJ has been consistently injured prior to last season, so I'm not sure he is the best example to use in order to prove a point about caution

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    JJJ has been consistently injured prior to last season, so I'm not sure he is the best example to use in order to prove a point about caution
    Wouldn't a player that is consistently injured mean you should be more cautious? If he was a Pel, he wouldn't be playing after just starting 5 on 5.

Wouldn't a player that is consistently injured mean you should be more cautious? If he was a Pel, he wouldn't be playing after just starting 5 on 5.
    Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were saying the Pels are too cautious, which I think would be a fair criticism

Yeah...no Zion tonight. Won't hold my breath for tomorrow night.

What's the over/under on Games Played - Ingram. and Games Played - # 1?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    did they just say Zion is out for 2 - 3 weeks?

Thread Information