Pelicans Report

Thread: Early Schedule for Pelicans

Early Schedule for Pelicans

We're looking at a pretty difficult schedule to start with this season: eight of the first eleven games are on the road, and we face the Nets, Suns, Clippers, Mavs, & Warriors. Last year's start was awful, but even a 6-6 start to this season would represent a big step forward. And then after the first eleven games, there are six straight home games.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/schedule

I'm not too worried about it to be honest.

Yeah it's a tough schedule what with all the road games, but if we're a serious team this year - and I think we are - then we should be able to put in a respectable showing. Plus, I don't really buy the Nets as a powerhouse team until they prove it, given all the insanity from the offseason and how mid they were last year, and I think the Suns will be worse than last year and we really pushed that version of the team in the playoffs. We didn't even have Zion then either.

I think 6-6 is a very fair goal. Anything worse than 5-7 would be pretty disappointing. Obviously anything better would be great.
    Basketball.

Honestly, the only thing I dont like about the schedule is how many times we play the Jazz early. I want the Jazz, and all teams like that, in March and April. You want the tough teams early, especially the ones transitioning new pieces into the lineup. A team like Dallas, trying to find their way without Brunson or the Nets trying to fit Simmons in. I would much rather have them now than in January, once they get going. Always give me the tougher part first and then give me the tanking teams at the end. Those tanking teams win way too many games in the beginning.

Rockets, Spurs, Jazz, OKC -- You wanna go between 13-2 and 15-0 against those four. I mean, honestly, we should beat them every game, no matter where the games are played. You go 15-0 against them, and you only gotta go 35-32 against the rest of the league to win 50 games. That is the trick. Win those games, and play .500 ball the rest of the way and you are fighting for home court
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Eyquem View Post
    We're looking at a pretty difficult schedule to start with this season: eight of the first eleven games are on the road, and we face the Nets, Suns, Clippers, Mavs, & Warriors. Last year's start was awful, but even a 6-6 start to this season would represent a big step forward. And then after the first eleven games, there are six straight home games.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/schedule

6-6 it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Eyquem View Post
    6-6 it is...
    I dont think you would say 6-6 if you knew Warriors are sitting their best players, that Lillard is injured, that Nets are in chaos,...

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    I dont think you would say 6-6 if you knew Warriors are sitting their best players, that Lillard is injured, that Nets are in chaos,...
    You could play it both ways tho: 6-6 despite losing 3 OT games. 6-6 despite BI sitting out 4-5 games, Herb abd Zion missing games. 6-6 despite DD missing one free throw and a BS Kelly Olynyck finger roll.

We could to this all day. We're 6-6. Average.

Thread Information