Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: November 10th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Portland Trailblazers - 6-5

Pelicans November 10th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Portland Trailblazers - 6-5

Basketball.

Season Ticket Holder
    I'll be in the building tonight!

Dame played 36 minutes last night. I wonder if he take a vet rest day. Excited to watch Josh Hart steal rebounds from his teammates. Very curious to see Shaedon Sharpe in person too.

Pels and defending explosive guards mix as well as oil and water

Sharpe will go for 30

I’m going to go out on a limb and say we blow this team out tonight as long as we dont get a CJ attempted revenge game. Those last 8 minutes last night were incredibly encouraging, and I think we ride that momentum. Zion should absolutely body Grant, and BI can shoot over Harts undersized a** all night

You do realise that the last 8 minutes are when teams actually begin to try, especially complacent ones

A blow-out is so far fetched that you could sell the idea to George Lucas for a tidy sum and drag him out of retirement
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-10-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You do realise that the last 8 minutes are when teams actually begin to try, especially complacent ones

A blow-out is so far fetched that you could sell the idea to George Lucas for a tidy sum and drag him out of retirement
    Pels opened as 7 point favorites, and it now sits at 6.5 and is trending back towards 7, so apparently George Lucas is making the lines

Game just pulled from betting sites. May not see Dame tonight

And there it is

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post

And there it is
    Makes it basically a must-win.

Tonight is either going to be a CJ resurgence night or it's going to be one of the most frustrating nights of the year as so-far-not-good-this-season-CJ goes hero-ball trying to stick it to the Blazers.

Tonight's going to be a fun game because its the 12th game of the year. A dozen games in. That's obviously not a huge portion of the season but it's also not insignificant, and there are now obvious trends emerging among the team. Can Coach Green actually make some adjustments to our overall gameplan and rotations, or is it going to be more of the same?

Season Ticket Holder
    I'm happy and sad no Dame. Happy we have a better chance to win. Sad I don't get to see him ball out and then we still win.

If Nurcic -AND- Grant are both out, good luck defending Zion!
    Last edited by Upper Decker; 11-10-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Tonight's going to be a fun game because its the 12th game of the year. A dozen games in. That's obviously not a huge portion of the season but it's also not insignificant, and there are now obvious trends emerging among the team. Can Coach Green actually make some adjustments to our overall gameplan and rotations, or is it going to be more of the same?
    I feel like a broken record with this excuse, but I would expect the rotations to change with the homestand, and the practice that comes with it. Hard to make changes to a gameplan in the middle of a three week road trip. Equally hard to incorporate a rookie. If Dyson doesnt get any run over the next 6, and if DG continues to semi-close games, I'll start having major questions

I feel like a broken record with this excuse, but I would expect the rotations to change with the homestand, and the practice that comes with it. Hard to make changes to a gameplan in the middle of a three week road trip. Equally hard to incorporate a rookie. If Dyson doesnt get any run over the next 6, and if DG continues to semi-close games, I'll start having major questions
    I'm not asking for miracles. Coaches in the NBA are generally slow to make changes, even in optimal conditions, and several coaches spend decades in the league in some capacity or another without ever really fundamentally changing their approach. So even if I have a long list of changes I'd like to see Green try, I'm not delusional - I know they're not all going to happen.

But I want to see something. It's clear that this team is not performing at the level it should. I'm fine with 6-5, it's not a horrible record, but we've lost multiple games now where if we were just 5 or 10% better, they'd be wins. We could very easily be 8-3 at this point or similar, with a few small changes. I want to see some of those changes. Even one, consistently. If all that changes is that dyson gets 10-15 minutes a game regularly from now on, that'll be something.

But you can't just watch a team underperform for 10, 15, 20 games and just shrug your shoulders and say ''eh, whatever''.

I'm not asking for miracles. Coaches in the NBA are generally slow to make changes, even in optimal conditions, and several coaches spend decades in the league in some capacity or another without ever really fundamentally changing their approach. So even if I have a long list of changes I'd like to see Green try, I'm not delusional - I know they're not all going to happen.

But I want to see something. It's clear that this team is not performing at the level it should. I'm fine with 6-5, it's not a horrible record, but we've lost multiple games now where if we were just 5 or 10% better, they'd be wins. We could very easily be 8-3 at this point or similar, with a few small changes. I want to see some of those changes. Even one, consistently. If all that changes is that dyson gets 10-15 minutes a game regularly from now on, that'll be something.

But you can't just watch a team underperform for 10, 15, 20 games and just shrug your shoulders and say ''eh, whatever''.
    Last night was a super frustrating watch. There were so many things that I just had no idea what the game plan was, or how they got to that point. The first 8 minutes have got to change

The Pelicans will go as far as their defense takes them.

Just dont want a repeat of that Indiana horror show.

I’d like to see Dyson get a decent amount of run tonight. Especially matched up against Sharpe.

Last night was a super frustrating watch. There were so many things that I just had no idea what the game plan was, or how they got to that point. The first 8 minutes have got to change
    There's just so much low hanging fruit. Why does CJ lead the team in touches and never use his off-ball gravity to create for others? Why do we run Zion in the post as his most frequent play type when its also the easiest playtype to double, and he's proven so effective in the PnR? Why do we never play dyson? Why is Graham seen as an acceptable CJ substitute to play alongside Alvarado?

So many obvious areas to address, and I guess over the next homestand we'll find out if Willie is going to address any of them at all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Lets stack up some wins boys!! Win streak coming

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    great news about Nance (whether he plays tonight or not).... he has easily become one of my top three favorites....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

BI is on fire from 3 point land this whole season

Winslow been blowing past zion with ease

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    BI is on fire from 3 point land this whole season
    The biggest overaction from last year.

That dreamshake fadeaway midrange good for BI once again

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Winslow been blowing past zion with ease
    a lot of people do. I wonder if its because he's so big that quick twitch change of direction is something he can't handle. Or if he isnt trying hard enough.

Thread Information