Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: November 9th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - 5-5

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I do feel like BI is becoming a more willing defender

Quote Originally Posted by Pelsfan504 View Post
    Does Willie hate Zion?????
    Willie hates anything that makes sense, don't think it's directed at anyone in specific.
    Basketball.

Another game, another CJ starting 0/6

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Willie hates anything that makes sense, don't think it's directed at anyone in specific.
    Yeah like this BS DG and CJ combo.

Another game, another CJ starting 0/6
    I think that finger must be hurting him.

Feed JV

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Yeah like this BS DG and CJ combo.
    The modern NBA is all about creation, size, and floor spacing. Green seems committed to only ever doing one of those things at a time.

Naji tying it up with a much needed 3

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Feed JV
    This. Vuc is a worse defender than Jaxson Hayes.

Trying to re-tool his game at 31 is destroying CJ's strength....his shot.

Jones concussion.....out 7 weeks.

Please put DD in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Please put DD in the game.
    Green treats dyson like they have a blood feud.

well happy to go in with the lead given how lackluster we have been playing.

well happy to go in with the lead given how lackluster we have been playing.
    Yeah, when you start as poorly as we did in particular, even equality at the half would have been nice. To have a lead is a blessing.

Now, can the starters come out of the half with a bit more energy and can Green not do the Wrongness again?

Yeah, when you start as poorly as we did in particular, even equality at the half would have been nice. To have a lead is a blessing.

Now, can the starters come out of the half with a bit more energy and can Green not do the Wrongness again?
    It why I cant help but want to look at Jose in the starting lineup instead of CJ. He brings that spark and energy, and maybe CJ would be able to take more of a lead as a scorer without the gravity of BI, Zion, and JV

Every single city has a drumline for basketball, have seen all the Pels games so far and I cant lie, the chicago drumline is by far the best of them

It why I cant help but want to look at Jose in the starting lineup instead of CJ. He brings that spark and energy, and maybe CJ would be able to take more of a lead as a scorer without the gravity of BI, Zion, and JV
    I think, in terms of individual players, CJ is worrying me the most so far this season. Yeah, there's been a few games where you can point to other guys and critique, but CJ is the one who comes out basically every game and cannot hit the broad side of a barn. His scoring ability seems to vanish for the first 20 minutes of every game and it's not that he isn't getting shots or touches - he gets more touches per game than Zion does. His passing has been solid and he was good on defense for the first couple o games, but the defense has regressed a bit and the shooting has not returned.

I'd also be open to starting Trey instead of Herb, just to try it out and see if it helps give the starters more punch.

I think, in terms of individual players, CJ is worrying me the most so far this season. Yeah, there's been a few games where you can point to other guys and critique, but CJ is the one who comes out basically every game and cannot hit the broad side of a barn. His scoring ability seems to vanish for the first 20 minutes of every game and it's not that he isn't getting shots or touches - he gets more touches per game than Zion does. His passing has been solid and he was good on defense for the first couple o games, but the defense has regressed a bit and the shooting has not returned.

I'd also be open to starting Trey instead of Herb, just to try it out and see if it helps give the starters more punch.
    agreed... and i thought about switching Trey for Herb as well but our perimeter defense is so bad i cant justify anything that would make it worse.

I wasn't a student of CJ's game before he came to the Pels, but I feel like the degree of difficult on most of his shots is huge. Is his age effecting how much space he is creating with defenders now? He needs to pick his spots better and let the game come to him more. He shouldn't have to force anything with the talent we have on the floor.

Basketball Guru
    jose,,billy and naji stepped up for zion, CJ and ingram in the first half.....our big 3 has to bring it home in the second half...

Quote Originally Posted by WhenWereHealthy View Post
    I wasn't a student of CJ's game before he came to the Pels, but I feel like the degree of difficult on most of his shots is huge. Is his age effecting how much space he is creating with defenders now? He needs to pick his spots better and let the game come to him more. He shouldn't have to force anything with the talent we have on the floor.
    It was necessary in Portland - where they had nobody other than him and Dame to create. And in those games when Dame was out, CJ was All-NBA level stat wise. He did it all

But now, he has to transition into that new phase of his career. But to do that, Zion needs to act like an alpha and go take the ball and create. Scream that this is his team. If he is gonna just sit in the corner after a guy 60 pounds less than him gets switched onto him, then I dont fault CJ one bit
    @mcnamara247

Seems like Zion gets blocked more than he should at the rim. Maybe because he goes up with two hands so much?

Seems like Zion gets blocked more than he should at the rim. Maybe because he goes up with two hands so much?
    Zion is 6'6 and attacks the rim at a higher rate than any other player in the NBA, by a significant margin. Even if a similar %age of his shots get blocked to other players, that means you will see it happen more often.

Zion is 6'6 and attacks the rim at a higher rate than any other player in the NBA, by a significant margin. Even if a similar %age of his shots get blocked to other players, that means you will see it happen more often.
    true. plus im just surprised that it ever happens

Thread Information