Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: November 9th - Los Angeles Lakers at Los Angeles Clippers

November 9th - Los Angeles Lakers at Los Angeles Clippers

The Lakers - the only team in the NBA who gets 43 home games every year - "travel" to LA to play the Clippers tonight. The Clippers should be more well rested, having been home since November 5th, while the Lakers had the trip to Utah Monday night and back. Clippers also playing better than the Lakers of late (who isnt), having beaten the red got Cavs Monday night.

Clips already narrowly beat the Lakers once this year, but that was with Kawhi - who will not play tonight. Lakers are going to be at home for a while, and if they have any chance of turning it around, it is over these next 3 weeks. 7 of their next 10 are in LA, and 2 of their road games are at San Antonio.

After that, it gets brutal, with 6 straight road games and then Boston and Denver at home.
    @mcnamara247

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    woulda thunk I would ever be following the Lakers?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The next 10 will determine their path IMO. They go 4-6 or worse over this 10 and they won’t be buyers. Because, then the next 8 are brutal. I could easily see them being 8-20 or worse after 28 games. At that point, you send Russ home and rest manage AD and Lebron and go into off-season with tons of cap space and a bunch of picks you can trade if you wanna give it one final shot

The way we are playing, they could have the 16th pick in 2023 plus they can negotiate with us and make us take their 2024 pick, by giving us their 2025 swap rights. Then, they can also trade 26, 28, and 30 - giving them
    4 firsts to trade. Again, plus tons of cap space

That’s how I would play it if I were LA. Could be legit title contenders for 2024-26 if you make the right moves this summer

Well, we definitely need a big who can defend the pick and roll, since 29 teams utilise it

I mean, that could be Larry, but I was thinking someone a bit more versatile offensively

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    woulda thunk I would ever be following the Lakers?
    I remember adding the Timberwolves as one of my favorite teams on ESPN in 2011-12 when we had their pick. Sometimes its so fun to cheer for others downfall
    Welcome to be here

Clippers up 23-13 to start. AD and Westbrook a combined 0-5

The Pelicans started last year 3 - 16, but they were competitive in most of those games while missing key players.

The Lakers looked completely cooked and their schedule has been kinda pleasant.

We should always be rooting for Clippers, as OKC owns all their 1sts

Lakers can certainly turn it on in spurts. It's never sustainable though.

Doesn't help that the Clippers are missing everything now.

54-52 Clippers at the half. Clips went ice cold in the 2nd. Best case scenario, AD and Lebron play 40 mins and lose close again

The best thing about LeBron's game now is his passing. If the Clippers could make their shots, this game wouldn't be close.

87-75 Clippers after 3. Honestly, the Clips have stretches where they are atrocious on offense and the Lakers get close, but then the Clips wake up and pull away. Hope the 4th is more of the same

Lebron heads to the locker room with 5 minutes left. Might have tweaked the groin. Wouldnt hate a 4-6 week injury, tbh

Praise be to our Lord and Saviour, Father Time

Lakers lose! 2-9. Lebron appears to be hurt just as the "easy" part of their schedule is upon them. If he is out a few weeks, 5-25 type of record is in play. And at that point, they will just ride out the year. Top 5 pick, here we come!

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Lakers lose! 2-9. Lebron appears to be hurt just as the "easy" part of their schedule is upon them. If he is out a few weeks, 5-25 type of record is in play. And at that point, they will just ride out the year. Top 5 pick, here we come!
    Wouldn't a top 5 pick, just add to the overlapping skillset this team already has?
    Or are you thinking of using these assets for a bigger fish?

Looking at the top 10 in the West currently, flip GSW with the Spurs and that’s your top 10 with the Kings hovering around 11. Best case scenario for Lakers would be 12th in the West. Best case scenario for us is OKC doesn’t shut down SGA this year, and the Rockets get better as they grow together.

If Lebron is out a few weeks during this easier part of this schedule, there is a real possibility they finish as a bottom 3 team

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Looking at the top 10 in the West currently, flip GSW with the Spurs and that’s your top 10 with the Kings hovering around 11. Best case scenario for Lakers would be 12th in the West. Best case scenario for us is OKC doesn’t shut down SGA this year, and the Rockets get better as they grow together.

If Lebron is out a few weeks during this easier part of this schedule, there is a real possibility they finish as a bottom 3 team
    Utah's incredible start cannot be overstated. Everyone had them tanking - and they're in first place!!!! Portland's ascent is helpful too. Meanwhile, out East, the Magic and Pistons are young and scrappy. Those teams will play hard. The Hornets are a mess but Lamelo will be back soon.

Yeah, the Rockets and Lakers could be in a battle for worst team in the NBA. But we don't need the Lakers to be the worst, because the bottom 2 teams have the same lottery odds. Wemby or Scoot are real possibilities. Incredible.

Would you trade the Lakers pick right now for Chet if OKC offered

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    No.

Its too much fun to have a lottery ticket. Now, if Chet was healthy, I'd consider it.

Also, that pick will only grow in value. Imagine what that pick will be worth at the trade deadline when the Lakers only have 15 wins.
    Last edited by Upper Decker; 11-10-2022 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I would. Two guys I like better in this draft and based on where I think the Lakers will land, I will say there is a 78 percent chance I don’t get a pick high enough. Gimme Chet

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Utah's incredible start cannot be overstated. Everyone had them tanking - and they're in first place!!!! Portland's ascent is helpful too. Meanwhile, out East, the Magic and Pistons are young and scrappy. Those teams will play hard. The Hornets are a mess but Lamelo will be back soon.

Yeah, the Rockets and Lakers could be in a battle for worst team in the NBA. But we don't need the Lakers to be the worst, because the bottom 2 teams have the same lottery odds. Wemby or Scoot are real possibilities. Incredible.
    Bottom 3 have the same odds

Thread Information