Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: November 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Indiana Pacers - 5-4

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Zion cannot guard small dudes on the perimeter it looks like he knows that and doesnt even try

That's 71 points we've given up in the second half thusfar.

I wonder if they were feeling themselves after all the hype

I dont know why we have to overcomplicate anything

They are a talented team that doesnt fit together well and the sum is lesser than its parts.
    @mcnamara247

Saints game not looking any better

Might not have to utilise the pick swap at this rate
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-07-2022 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

They are a talented team that doesnt fit together well and the sum is lesser than its parts.
    What do you suggest?

Excited to hear the excuses after this one, including the reasoning for why this team is actually much better than their record.

I am going to guess optimists lead with a "fluky shooting night" and follow with "rust" on some main guys. A little "Nance got hurt" sprinkled in. Am I missing any?
    Pels would have won if Temple was there!

Excited to hear the excuses after this one, including the reasoning for why this team is actually much better than their record.

I am going to guess optimists lead with a "fluky shooting night" and follow with "rust" on some main guys. A little "Nance got hurt" sprinkled in. Am I missing any?
    Zion still regaining fitness after being out for so long

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Zion still regaining fitness after being out for so long
    What did Nance do to hurt himself?

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    Pels would have won if Temple was there!
    Winner!

I said they would struggle early on defense then pick it up later in the year. I don't need to change anything.

Unlike the flip flopping, topsy turvy "realists" who's opinion changes based on the last 2 games.

But tonight wasn't a defensive talent issue. It was just bad scouting and bad coaching. Anytime you dont go under on McConnel and switch, that's a mental error that falls on the coaches.

And they never changed. Switched 1 - 5 with no answer for Myles Turner. That's just horrible. He shouldnt be putting 37 on you.

Oh yeah, we need to trade for that guy. Been saying that too. No need to change anything here.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I said they would struggle early on defense then pick it up later in the year. I don't need to change anything.

Unlike the flip flopping, topsy turvy "realists" who's opinion changes based on the last 2 games.

But tonight wasn't a defensive talent issue. It was just bad scouting and bad coaching. Anytime you dont go under on McConnel and switch, that's a mental error that falls on the coaches.

And they never changed. Switched 1 - 5 with no answer for Myles Turner. That's just horrible. He shouldnt be putting 37 on you.

Oh yeah, we need to trade for that guy. Been saying that too. No need to change anything here.
    Maybe that was their plan all along.
    Make Myles Turner and Buddy Heild look better than they really are, so the Lakers pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Might not have to utilise the pick swap at this rate
    Yep, we might not need it to be in the lottery.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don?t know what other outcome there was. Pacers are exactly the worst matchup. Loads of shooters and a true rim protector.

But I mean at least Graham got run. Dyson Daniels who?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Yep, we might not need it to be in the lottery.
    This is silly

These are learning experiences that will make the team better. You learn much more from a loss than from a win. The team weaknesses are getting exposed which is a good thing, can bet they will be addressing the issues and correcting them over the course of the season.

I hope the starting backcourt by the end of the year is DD and Kira. What we have now is just too painful to watch. Whatever happens after that is gravy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I'm sure Luckyman will has something positive say.

Like they say.....you can't polish a turd, but you can put glitter on it.

Pel's are playing like a turd right now.
    Your trolling is a bit better than the normal around here. I'll give you that.

That positive for ya?

Again, who cares? The Lakers play tonight! THATS the result we need to care about

Please tell me that we have a plan to get Daniels some floor time...in the not too distant future. I don't really give a rat's azz about this loss tonight. Of course, I would rather have won, but it happens. We'll make the playoffs unless multiple injuries rear their ugly heads. It's time to get some benefit...from these regular season games. The road to success for this Pels team MUST include Daniels and...dare I say it...Herb. I find myself thinking the best thing for the Pels MIGHT be to get a coupla guys nicked up for a month or so...and let these 2 guys see what they can do on the court together. It's coming...it's just a matter of how long Willie wants to put it off. GET DANIELS ON THE COURT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dud View Post
    Please tell me that we have a plan to get Daniels some floor time...in the not too distant future. I don't really give a rat's azz about this loss tonight. Of course, I would rather have won, but it happens. We'll make the playoffs unless multiple injuries rear their ugly heads. It's time to get some benefit...from these regular season games. The road to success for this Pels team MUST include Daniels and...dare I say it...Herb. I find myself thinking the best thing for the Pels MIGHT be to get a coupla guys nicked up for a month or so...and let these 2 guys see what they can do on the court together. It's coming...it's just a matter of how long Willie wants to put it off. GET DANIELS ON THE COURT !!!
    They keep giving up 40 point quarters you'd think they would soon.

But most likely it'll be December or 2023. It's just still early as hell right now. These games will seem like ancient history in a couple months.

Wouldn't be shocked if they sent him to Birmingham before that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Your trolling is a bit better than the normal around here. I'll give you that.

That positive for ya?
    You know I'm only kidding.
    I already said I appreciate your positivity.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Damn. Gayle, I need you to get one of these teams going! Please!

Again, who cares? The Lakers play tonight! THATS the result we need to care about
    You say this, but if the Pels do get another top 5 pick this draft, wont this only compound the point you made about 1-2 pages ago on how this team has talent that just doesn't mesh?

Thread Information