Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: November 7th - Los Angeles Lakers at Utah Jazz

November 7th - Los Angeles Lakers at Utah Jazz

The Lakers travel to Utah, where the Jazz are 4-0 this season. Both teams are on the second night of a back to back, having each traveled from LA yesterday

Jazz are doing it with the 3 ball - as they are 3rd in attempts and 2nd in 3 pointers made. They also crash the offensive glass and are 8th in defensive rating. A real chance the Lakers move to 2-8 tonight!
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The Lakers travel to Utah, where the Jazz are 4-0 this season. Both teams are on the second night of a back to back, having each traveled from LA yesterday

Jazz are doing it with the 3 ball - as they are 3rd in attempts and 2nd in 3 pointers made. They also crash the offensive glass and are 8th in defensive rating. A real chance the Lakers move to 2-8 tonight!
    It's funny, but so appropriate. The first post of the day on a Pelicans Message Board is about another team.

By the way: The Pelicans happen to play tonight, too!!

I might be imagining things but LJ has the look that sez he has already "tapped out" for this year. Forget the TV ads...Father Time might actually be kicking the King's azz, finally. Never seen so many air balls (legs?) from LJ. and if he continues shooting 7-8 3-pt shots per game...I think his overall numbers will take a huge hit. If I'm a Lakers' fan, I think they might have thrown up the white flag a bit early last night, even with it being the 1st of a back-to-back. Another good sign...imo

Similar to what you have said...I would take a Pels loss IF it also guaranteed me a Lakers' loss that night...especially for any Lakers' loss at home. They are not gonna win very many games on the road this year. Go Jazz !!...(Uhh, ohh yeah...and go Pels)

It’s going to be fascinating to see what the Lakers do. They actually have a fairly easy schedule in November, relatively. Mostly depending on if the Spurs now become who we thought they were (they play the Spurs 3 times in a week this month)

But then, they hit the road a ton. I am so curious what records after 30 games make them buyers vs sellers. Like, 15-15 or better and they definitely buy. 13-17? 11-19? What do they do if they are like 7-23? So curious

It?s going to be fascinating to see what the Lakers do. They actually have a fairly easy schedule in November, relatively. Mostly depending on if the Spurs now become who we thought they were (they play the Spurs 3 times in a week this month)

But then, they hit the road a ton. I am so curious what records after 30 games make them buyers vs sellers. Like, 15-15 or better and they definitely buy. 13-17? 11-19? What do they do if they are like 7-23? So curious
    Honestly, the most important number to me for the next month is the number of minutes LeBron plays. The best thing about the Lakers start is not only the record, but the fact that LeBron is putting in over 30 minutes in every single one of those games. I don't care how well he takes care of himself, I'll be interested to see the toll these minutes will play on him later in the season.

IF...I were a betting man...I'd bet LJ is just looking for an excuse to cut back and just do enough to pass KAJ's scoring record later this season.

You gotta figure Lebron and AD miss at least 30 more combined games this season. Let’s say 8 of them, both are out. 22, one is out

They go 1-7 in the 8 both are out
    They go 6-16 in the games one are out

That plays the loss tonight puts them at 9-31. In the other 42 games, they would have to go 27-15 just for a shot at the 10th seed and the play in. What have we seen that makes anyone believe they can go 27-15 in any situation?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Bill Simmons said there is buzz that AD is on the trading block. I think it would be hilarious to trade the Lakers back the rest of their pics for him lol

You gotta figure Lebron and AD miss at least 30 more combined games this season. Let’s say 8 of them, both are out. 22, one is out

They go 1-7 in the 8 both are out
    They go 6-16 in the games one are out

That plays the loss tonight puts them at 9-31. In the other 42 games, they would have to go 27-15 just for a shot at the 10th seed and the play in. What have we seen that makes anyone believe they can go 27-15 in any situation?
    Uhh...The Laker Girls ???.............. (Sorry...a little early morning humor there)

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Bill Simmons said there is buzz that AD is on the trading block. I think it would be hilarious to trade the Lakers back the rest of their pics for him lol
    I don't think any person who follows the NBA would think that would be a good deal for the Pelicans. Obviously, you can't trade AD straight up for picks - you'd need to salary match. But even if you could trade the pick swap + the 2024 pick for AD, I wouldn't do that. Those Laker picks are GOLD. I don't think the Lakers have hit rock bottom yet. Not even close.

Also, the Lakers have played mostly home games thus far. From November 22 through December 11, they play 9 away games and 2 home games. I can't wait to see what their record is on December 12.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Bron looking to dump another disciple?

James, Beverley and Lonnie Walker OUT... Utah should win this by 30, thats why im betting on Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    James, Beverley and Lonnie Walker OUT... Utah should win this by 30, thats why im betting on Lakers.
    LOL - Westbrook goes for 38, 15, and 12 in his favorite arena

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    And now..."Street Clothes" is a GTD. I think we know what that means...

A funny little Lakers schedule note: the Lakers have four straight days off between home games from November 14-17. I've never seen anything like that, but I'm sure the schedule makers did that unintentionally and not to save Lebron and AD's legs

Icing on the cake for the Lakers likely defeat tonight - the Magic play the Rockets, so the Lakers will either be tied for the least wins or move to the 3rd worst record in the league.

I still think the absolute floor for the Lakers is 4th or 5th worst. The Rockets are horrible and the Magic arent much better. Then, its only a matter of time until some of the truly tanktastic teams start stepping it up a notch.

Still, I will take the 6th pick today if offered in this draft. Of course I want more, but you give me 6 today, I grab it. And to think it could be even better than that is just unbelieveable, consiering they were champs just a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    A funny little Lakers schedule note: the Lakers have four straight days off between home games from November 14-17. I've never seen anything like that, but I'm sure the schedule makers did that unintentionally and not to save Lebron and AD's legs
    These people have left the state of California only twice so far. Tonight will only be the 3rd time. They don't leave again till November 22nd. They've played ZERO b2b games.

If they are 2 - 7 now, what's going to happen when they hit the part of the schedule that looks like the Pelicans'?

I still think the absolute floor for the Lakers is 4th or 5th worst. The Rockets are horrible and the Magic arent much better. Then, its only a matter of time until some of the truly tanktastic teams start stepping it up a notch.

Still, I will take the 6th pick today if offered in this draft. Of course I want more, but you give me 6 today, I grab it. And to think it could be even better than that is just unbelieveable, consiering they were champs just a few years ago
    I agree with you, but if Lebron and AD miss even more time than we anticipate, then every win by the bottom feeders will matter.

In the last month of the season we play Rockets b2b; depending on playoff positioning, we may be the team 'tanking' for those two games.

Jazz up 53-42 in a shootout right now. Russ on fire, but we know that will fade as the game goes on

Jazz up 53-42 in a shootout right now. Russ on fire, but we know that will fade as the game goes on
    Not much point to watching these type games until the 4th quarter...when at least one of the teams will actually start trying to play defense.

Jazz up 18 with about 2 mins left in the 3rd. Having this Lakers team lose sure takes the sting out of those Pelicans losses

Sexton is made...for these type of up & down games...otherwise, he's just another pretty face.

Lakers might score 130 tonight (without LBJ) and still lose.

Thread Information