Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: November 6th - Cleveland Cavaliers at Los Angeles Lakers

November 6th - Cleveland Cavaliers at Los Angeles Lakers

The red hot (and healthy) Cleveland Cavs head to LA, hoping to push the Lakers to 2-7

Westbrook has been playing better lately, off the bench, but Queen James has been poor - citing sniffles that havent allowed him to practice. When Lakers stay in games, its because their opponents go ice cold from 3. Here's hoping Garland and Mitchell are on today
    @mcnamara247

5 stars

Snowball's chance in hell that Loss Angeles win here

Garland and Mitchell are resting.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Garland and Mitchell are resting.
    Mitchell playing, Garland still not decided

Saw Cavs -4 earlier today...now Cavs -5 1/2...hopefully, that's Garland

Lebron, AD, and Westbrook playing like gods so far today. Of course

Lakers up 36-30 after one. AD, Russ, and Lebron are a combined 12-15. No way they keep that up

64-58 Lakers at the half. Russ looking like All Star Russ again. Crazy, but I wish they would have traded him for Kyrie. They would be way worse off right now

Cavs take their first lead - 67 to 66. Lakers timeout

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    64-58 Lakers at the half. Russ looking like All Star Russ again. Crazy, but I wish they would have traded him for Kyrie. They would be way worse off right now
    Absolutely. Reports of Westbrook's demise is so exagerated it's almost funny.

(Plus he is one of the nicest guys in the NBA.)

Cavs up 87-80 after 3. And honestly, they should be up 15+. I have never seen a team miss so many shots they would normally make.

Lakers folding in the 3rd again... down 7 to start the 4th!

92-80 Cavs. Westbrook starting to Westbrook these last few minutes. 7 turnovers. Started 5-5, and then missed his last 5 shots, now 5-10

Cavs up by 12. Stay on the gas.

92-80 Cavs. Westbrook starting to Westbrook these last few minutes. 7 turnovers. Started 5-5, and then missed his last 5 shots, now 5-10
    Westbrook just trying to make sure he gets that triple double...assuming TOs count

The old man has lost his legs; his second and third level shots are all either short or flat "Father Time" - don't you know.

LeBron obviously needs some time with Vinson on 3s...0-16 and 19% for the year

102-85 Cavs. Looks about over. That said, I did like a lot of what I saw from the Lakers in this one. They arent one of the 5 worst teams, as their record indicates. That said, if AD or Lebron go out for 4-6 weeks, I dont see how they beat anyone. This is them as healthy as they will be

I thought it was an exaggeration but, no, this season really is more about the lakers than us. We are far away and the Lakers losing gets us closer to where we hope to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I thought it was an exaggeration but, no, this season really is more about the lakers than us. We are far away and the Lakers losing gets us closer to where we hope to be.
    We should be developing/experimenting and getting ready for the real window. But yes, wins and loss wise, the Lakers results matter far more. This is a great draft at the top. Another top 8 pick is insanely valuable. A top 2 pick could result in a dynasty

Is it too much to dream about Wembanyama comparing and contrasting French cuisine with French Creole/Cajun cuisine?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyquem View Post
    Is it too much to dream about Wembanyama comparing and contrasting French cuisine with French Creole/Cajun cuisine?
    It would be so interesting to get Wemby, mostly to see if and when he becomes THE guy. He goes to almost any other team and they build it all around him. He comes here, and he might be the 3rd mouth they feed.

It would be so interesting to get Wemby, mostly to see if and when he becomes THE guy. He goes to almost any other team and they build it all around him. He comes here, and he might be the 3rd mouth they feed.
    Maybe that will be true this time; it certainly wasn't true of the 2019 Draft's Top Banana.

We should be developing/experimenting and getting ready for the real window. But yes, wins and loss wise, the Lakers results matter far more. This is a great draft at the top. Another top 8 pick is insanely valuable. A top 2 pick could result in a dynasty
    Too bad you traded that 2023 pick for KD

Jokes aside, who do you think in this draft best compliments (lets say the Pel's get the 5th pick) the team as currently constructed minus Temple, Graham and Jaxson?
    I'm usually BPA guy, but just curious on the other guy's in this draft outside the top 2.

Thread Information