Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: November 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Atlanta Hawks - 5-3

Now, we all need a nice cathartic Laker loss to make ourselves feel better

Brandon couldn't make a free throw tonight.

Why?

'Cause Brandon didn't get to the line once tonight. Meanwhile, Trae Young......................................

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Sometimes a players coach has a disadvantage. He can’t make the calculating moves required of him. Though he did bench Zion late. But not if you’re gonna plug in Naji over Jose or Dyson or Trey.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Brandon couldn't make a free throw tonight.

Why?

'Cause Brandon didn't get to the line once tonight. Meanwhile, Trae Young......................................
    Trae Young goes into people. He doesnt fade away four feet on every jumper. BI takes pride in making every shot as difficult as possible, when they dont need to be. Thats on him, not the refs
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Trae Young goes into people. He doesnt fade away four feet on every jumper. BI takes pride in making every shot as difficult as possible, when they dont need to be. Thats on him, not the refs
    MAC, you know I respect your opinion. Was # 1 really worthy of a Max Contract?

Completely agree. And it gets annoying considering his length.

Zion had 7 turnovers, 0 steals, and 0 blocks.

BI shot 7 - 23 and missed TWO shots to seal the game.

Very little help from the bench.

This should have been a 10 - 15 point victory for Atlanta.

Yet they STILL had a chance to pull this out on the end of a b2b on the road against a playoff team.

I'll take it. It's the 1st week of November.

Quote Originally Posted by TrellNolaFan View Post
    Completely agree. And it gets annoying considering his length.
    The majority of the time ''tough shotmaking'' is just code for being skilled enough to compensate for terrible shot selection
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Yet they STILL had a chance to pull this out on the end of a b2b on the road against a playoff team.

Yep, plenty of places to point blame. Zion turned it over a ton, Ingram could not hit anything but also wouldn't stop taking the tough looks, we got absolutely sweet FA from Naji and Graham in their minutes, there was a super dodgy Naji sub to close the game and Green refuses to play daniels.

Lots of places for us to point the fingers - and fairly - but ultimately, we're 5-4 9 games in (last year we were 1-8 at this point in the season) and we went 1-1 on a b2b. At the end of the day, the process is ugly but the result is easy to stomach.

MAC, you know I respect your opinion. Was # 1 really worthy of a Max Contract?
    Worth is an odd thing to define.

That is his market value - as in, if he hits FA, he has 12-25 teams willing to give him a max if he is willing to sign with them. So...worth? I dont know but that is what he costs

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yep, plenty of places to point blame. Zion turned it over a ton, Ingram could not hit anything but also wouldn't stop taking the tough looks, we got absolutely sweet FA from Naji and Graham in their minutes, there was a super dodgy Naji sub to close the game and Green refuses to play daniels.

Lots of places for us to point the fingers - and fairly - but ultimately, we're 5-4 9 games in (last year we were 1-8 at this point in the season) and we went 1-1 on a b2b. At the end of the day, the process is ugly but the result is easy to stomach.
    Odd to me that you keep referencing last year. That team had no Zion, no BI, no CJ. Yeah, they stunk. If being better than that is the bar, I can see why you are so satisfied/optimistic all the time

Man I really commend you for being so positive. I wish I could have that outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Man I really commend you for being so positive. I wish I could have that outlook.
    I mean......you CAN lol

Odd to me that you keep referencing last year. That team had no Zion, no BI, no CJ. Yeah, they stunk. If being better than that is the bar, I can see why you are so satisfied/optimistic all the time
    I'm optimistic because what I want from this year is to be better than last year, and so far we are.

I like basketball. I know that seems to be actually pretty uncommon among online basketball discussions and basketball media, which seems to be filled with people who talk about the NBA as though they only watch it on pain of being shot, but I really do just try to enjoy the ride and hope we're better today than we were yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with being positive.

It has everything to do with plain facts.

There were "realistic" Heat fans and media loud mouths sounding off the failure of the Heatles when they started their 1st year 9-8. They had to be 15-2 or above I guess.

This is what happens in November I guess.

Talk to me when the Ls start stacking up or if they're still .500 in February.

Hey LSU is winning.

I'm optimistic because what I want from this year is to be better than last year, and so far we are.

I like basketball. I know that seems to be actually pretty uncommon among online basketball discussions and basketball media, which seems to be filled with people who talk about the NBA as though they only watch it on pain of being shot, but I really do just try to enjoy the ride and hope we're better today than we were yesterday.
    We are better in October 2022 than October 2021. Thats not the same as being better than last years team. You think this team right now is paying better than April 2022 Pels?

Those good vibes people keep talking about won't last if this continues

I mean......you CAN lol
    Nah I'm a half glass guy lol.

That has absolutely nothing to do with being positive.

It has everything to do with plain facts.

There were "realistic" Heat fans and media loud mouths sounding off the failure of the Heatles when they started their 1st year 9-8. They had to be 15-2 or above I guess.

This is what happens in November I guess.

Talk to me when the Ls start stacking up or if they're still .500 in February.

Hey LSU is winning.
    It's just deflating that 3 losses so far have been in OT and they had their chance to seal the game AGAIN for the 3rd time.

The majority of the time ''tough shotmaking'' is just code for being skilled enough to compensate for terrible shot selection
    Yep, we have one guy on our team who likes to go left. When his left hand is taken away from him, he just goes further left or turns the ball over. It's certainly a head scratcher...his 'shot selection, huh?

We are better in October 2022 than October 2021. Thats not the same as being better than last years team. You think this team right now is paying better than April 2022 Pels?
    No, but I also compare like with like in terms of season progress: it's pretty damn common for teams to play worse in autumn than they do in spring/summer. So if we're better in Autumn 2022 than we were in Autumn 2021, that's good to see.

If you want to be negative, you're welcome to it, but I'm not interested in manufacturing reasons to be annoyed.

No, but I also compare like with like in terms of season progress: it's pretty damn common for teams to play worse in autumn than they do in spring/summer. So if we're better in Autumn 2022 than we were in Autumn 2021, that's good to see.

If you want to be negative, you're welcome to it, but I'm not interested in manufacturing reasons to be annoyed.
    Who said negative? I just said it was odd that you keep referencing early last season. When the team was destroyed and had nobody. I even left out Nance, likely our 4th best player. Of course they were bad and literally every team in the NBA this year is better than THAT team

You can just evaluate the current Pels. Its confusing to me why you involve the record of last years team at all whenever you talk about this team. Thats all. Relax

Worth is an odd thing to define.

That is his market value - as in, if he hits FA, he has 12-25 teams willing to give him a max if he is willing to sign with them. So...worth? I dont know but that is what he costs
    Fair enough.

Yep, we have one guy on our team who likes to go left. When his left hand is taken away from him, he just goes further left or turns the ball over. It's certainly a head scratcher...his 'shot selection, huh?
    We get it, Skip Bayless

The best thing I saw from Zion tonight was that turnaround mid-range shot from the paint. Everything else just reminds me that he hasn't (or refuses to) make improvements to his game. He's scoring a decent amount of points but I'm still not sure if that alone makes our team better overall.

Thread Information