Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: November 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Atlanta Hawks - 5-3

Pelicans November 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Atlanta Hawks - 5-3

Basketball, this time on the road. Let's hope for a more impressive team performance than last game, eh?
    Basketball.

Hawks are a team that can give up a lot of offensive boards. I wouldnt be surprised to see a Jonas bounce back game if they use him effectively. Like the Clips game a week ago, it will be a possession battle. Hawks dont turn it over a lot and are effective in their half court sets, but since they dont get to the line a lot or shoot a ton of 3's, you can beat them if you minimize your own turnovers and have equal possessions. They will send you to the line and give up boards. That, to me, screams more of a Zion and JV bully ball game than a CJ/BI crafty mid range game. We shall see
    @mcnamara247

[QUOTE=MichaelMcNamara;1590350]Hawks are a team that can give up a lot of offensive boards. I wouldnt be surprised to see a Jonas bounce back game if they use him effectively. Like the Clips game a week ago, it will be a possession battle. Hawks dont turn it over a lot and are effective in their half court sets, but since they dont get to the line a lot or shoot a ton of 3's, you can beat them if you minimize your own turnovers and have equal possessions. They will send you to the line and give up boards. That, to me, screams more of a Zion and JV bully ball game than a CJ/BI crafty mid range game. We shall see[/QUOTE

All that AND...IF Young doesn't play I really like the Pels in this one. Murray has been playing great lately, but even as badly as Herb has been playing offensively..I still remember he was put on Murray in the playin game vs Spurs...and it was a nightmare for Murray. Small sample size of course, but funny how different matchups seem to work or not work. Noticed Hawks were just a one point favorite...I'm assuming that probably means...no Young.

Murray is a dee, oh, you, see, aitch, ee, so we'd better win
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-05-2022 at 10:43 AM.

So Trae Young gets knocked out last game is a game time decision, but BI misses 4 games under the concussion protocol?

Shouldn't Trae miss too?

Our guys will always miss more time. Always

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Atlanta has the best in game music of any team by far. That Sir Foster guy is incredible

Gotta set those screens better, neither Jonas nor Zion's screen caused them to have to switch off on CJ.

Basketball Guru
    starting off bad on defense inside..

I love watching Jonas play is a big man

Pels and free throws...come on...

Basketball Guru
    IQ is better on offense that we are taking advantage of atlanta mismatch..

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Pels and free throws...come on...
    Don’t worry, Fred Vinson will fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Gotta set those screens better, neither Jonas nor Zion's screen caused them to have to switch off on CJ.
    CJ has to setnup the screens, too. No?

CJ's shot is falling tonight

Zion has one hand. Everyone knows it. Here comes the turnovers

Zion is too one-dimensional. He would rather pivot into a wall of bodies to go left than to pivot right into an open lane.

Teams are just targeting zion cause they know he can't defend yikes

Forget Zion vs Ja, that ain’t debatable

Zion vs SGA, I am taking the next ten years of SGA and not thinking twice. Honestly, Zion vs Haliburton is a solid debate

Ok Herb! blew past his man and threw it down with aggression where did that come from

When Trae goes out, that’s when you should beat Atlanta. They outscored us by 8 in those 5 minutes

It feels like when Jonas is out there the rest of the team just expects him to rebound and they dont even try to go after rebounds

FLOP

Not sure why graham gets any playing time if he doesn't provide anything on the court

Another Zion unforced turnover leads to three the other way. So goofy with the ball

Thread Information