Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: November 4th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Golden State Warriors - 4-3

Zion should just go Karl Malone and start swinging the people's elbow.. no foul call you say? Guess its concussion protocol for you next trip

Quote Originally Posted by The Dud View Post
    Speaking of refs...I have always thought the NBA HATES free throws and rightfully so.
    This completely goes against why there isn't a mandate to stomp out phantom fouling, especially shooting fouls

Although, I will say that it is on the improve. It was completely insufferable not so long ago.

Superstar calls seem to be levelling themselves out, too.

Obviously superstar calls and phantom fouls are concepts pretty inextricably linked, but not perpetually consummating

That Austin Reaves phantom foul, when we played the Lakers, super grinded my gears

Edit: Just watched it frame by frame again and it did appear that Naji raked him in the head at 5th look. I was wrong. I'll stop now.

PPPS: Frick Naji and his lazy Go Go Gadget arm making me look bad
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-05-2022 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    The Jazz are the team that I think stays good all year. They have a great young coach and their pieces fit very well together. Not to mention, they have a rim protector on the bench getting better and better. Losing to them was no fluke, in my opinion.
    Not to mention they have a star player (Markkanen) that we could have had easily. But as I recall, one of the 'wise guys' in here painted him with the same brush he painted BI with. SMH

(Note: I have been touting Olynyk for our team since we drafted 'The Second Coming' in '19. Would have been a perfect fit...the stretch 5 we sorely need).

Markennen is a B- main piece and a D complementary piece

If you have a team with no studs, Markennaen will be a plus and get his numbers. But if he is your 3rd or 4th guy, he isn?t gonna do all the little things that don?t include scoring to help you win.

A good player can be a bad fit and vice versa. To me, Lauri is like Jonas ? the worse players you have, the more valuable he is. The better players you have, the less valuable they are
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Markennen is a B- main piece and a D complementary piece

If you have a team with no studs, Markennaen will be a plus and get his numbers. But if he is your 3rd or 4th guy, he isn?t gonna do all the little things that don?t include scoring to help you win.

A good player can be a bad fit and vice versa. To me, Lauri is like Jonas ? the worse players you have, the more valuable he is. The better players you have, the less valuable they are
    Honestly, Mac, if you write the same post (#129) with 'HIS' name in it instead of Markkanen, isn't the post still true? I truly am not trying to be confrontational; I am just offering my perspective.
    Last edited by As I See It; 11-05-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Thread Information