Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Staggered Units

Yes. But he said they would do the trade and the value would be getting Hayes

Look, if you are going to send out Graham, you need to add attach positive value to him to make a team consider giving you a guy with any value. If Hayes is just an expiring, then you are back to having to give up a pick. Which i personally wouldn’t do for a rental. So, you either need Grahams value to change or someone to value Hayes. Both unlikely IMO
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    Isn’t Hayes’ value going to be as an expiring anyway though?
    They'll move the combined salary of Hayes and Temple (about $12 mil) for a player in that range who is hopefully under contract for next season, if all else fails. They want to get EJ on the 15 man by the end of the year, so a consolidation trade or just like Temple and a real 2nd for a fake 2nd will be necessary

Actually, if all else fails, they will waive Temple in March and bring on EJ. But yes, a 2 for 1 trade has long been the plan. Takes two to tango though

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jakob Poetl is available? But is he available to a division rival? And at what price?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jakob Poetl is available? But is he available to a division rival? And at what price?
    It's going to be at least a first and a young player, plus you have to pay him after this season. Don't think we would even pick up the phone. The center next to Zion still needs to be able to do a little something outside of the paint

And they were/are prioritizing shooters any way. Not rim protectors

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And they were/are prioritizing shooters any way. Not rim protectors
    What are your thoughts on Muscala?
    He is a big who can defend, but also has range.

Not sure if he is a real rim protector as the sample size is too small this year, but I think he would be attainable.

https://craftednba.com/player-traits/rim-defense

Olynyk would be nice, but see no incentive for Utah to trade him. With Bol Bol getting more playing time in Orlando, I wonder if Bamba could be had at a reasonable price. He brings a little of both (shooting and rim protection) off the bench. I do not know if Hayes, Temple and a 2nd would be enough as do not think his second year of his contract is guaranteed (so expirings would not be valuable to them).

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    What are your thoughts on Muscala?
    He is a big who can defend, but also has range.

Not sure if he is a real rim protector as the sample size is too small this year, but I think he would be attainable.

https://craftednba.com/player-traits/rim-defense
    I am thinking playoffs, and I dont know how he helps then. If its the last half hour of the deadline, I guess I take him. But for the next few months, I am calling everyone, searching for wings/power wings. Can never have enough when teams tend to go a little smaller more often in the postseason

I am thinking playoffs, and I dont know how he helps then. If its the last half hour of the deadline, I guess I take him. But for the next few months, I am calling everyone, searching for wings/power wings. Can never have enough when teams tend to go a little smaller more often in the postseason
    Hence your love for Harrison Barnes.
    I just don't think Sacto gives him up unless it involves a first, but he would be the ideal fit.

I'd give up a first for Barnes, but not for a rental.
    Even if he did re-sign here I wouldn't want to at the expense of taking minutes from DD and Trey.

I agree. I don’t think anybody who can actually make our playoff rotation can be had without giving up a first, and I don’t want to give up a first for a rental. So, if I was GM, I would probably sit tight. Let the young dudes get some playoff experience. Not time to bring in the mercenaries quite yet

Agree. I don?t think I trade a first unless it is for that level of player. Then, I let them all go. But for now, keep adding rookies and finding guys like Jose and Naji on min deals
    For every Jose and Naji, there's a million Walter Lemon Juniors

It's not the norm to find these type of undrafted, pretty high rotation guys, who accept little more than the vet min and give their all on the court. And we've found 2 over the past couple of seasons

I did think Naji was terrible last year, but he's been world's better this year
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-01-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

It's not the norm to find these type of undrafted, pretty high rotation guys who accept little more than the vet min and give their all on the court. And we've found 2 over the past couple of seasons

Not since 2016, RIP BDJ

Also RIP Bobby Phills

It's not the norm to find these type of undrafted, pretty high rotation guys, who accept little more than the vet min and give their all on the court. And we've found 2 over the past couple of seasons

Its not the norm, definitely. But it is MUCH easier to get when you have an already established roster, specifically at the top end. Those guys often fail because a team needs them to do things outside of who they are. But they succeed when they can come in and just do their strength, and dont have to go outside of that. We never really had success before because our 6th-13th spots were so bad and our top 5 guys were always hurt, so those guys had to do too much and failed.

I agree. I don?t think anybody who can actually make our playoff rotation can be had without giving up a first, and I don?t want to give up a first for a rental. So, if I was GM, I would probably sit tight. Let the young dudes get some playoff experience. Not time to bring in the mercenaries quite yet
    I would give up a future first for Myles Turner under the following scenario:

1) trade deadline
    2) Lakers attempt to trade for him to improve their roster this year and impact their draft position, and
    3) we can out bid the lakers

I?m not targeting him for his three point shooting - just his shot blocking and to sabotage the lakers improving their roster this year. I would give up a lot to sabotage the lakers attempts to improve their roster this year, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post

1) trade deadline
    2) Lakers attempt to trade for him to improve their roster this year and impact their draft position, and

I?m not targeting him for his three point shooting - just his shot blocking and to sabotage the lakers improving their roster this year. I would give up a lot to sabotage the lakers attempts to improve their roster this year, in fact.
    I like it.....
    3D chess.

What if Kira Lewis turns out to be the next Ja Morant? How will that affect the rotations?

It is really not far-fetched to compare a healthy Kira to Ja in my opinion. Their playing style is so similar

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    What if Kira Lewis turns out to be the next Ja Morant? How will that affect the rotations?

It is really not far-fetched to compare a healthy Kira to Ja in my opinion. Their playing style is so similar
    Simple, he’s not because he hasn’t ever shown that ability.

Lol this ain't it bruh
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Breh

The most ludicrous thing ever written on PelsReport
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-02-2022 at 12:51 AM.

Breh

The most ludicrous thing ever written on PelsReport
    It would be ridiculous, wouldn’t it?!

Glad you can read I said “what if” ��

^ I inserted a smiley face

I agree. I don’t think anybody who can actually make our playoff rotation can be had without giving up a first, and I don’t want to give up a first for a rental. So, if I was GM, I would probably sit tight. Let the young dudes get some playoff experience. Not time to bring in the mercenaries quite yet
    Al-Farouq Aminu

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post

1) trade deadline

I want the Lakers to get Turner. Another guy who is always hurt, and a guy they will have to pay this summer, thereby sabotaging their future even more.

Their defense is already fine, and he doesnt do much to help their already slow, poor shooting half court offense. Please, Lakers, go get Turner and Hield. Make that 24/25 pick better!

It would be ridiculous, wouldn’t it?!

Glad you can read I said “what if” ��

^ I inserted a smiley face
    Ok bro. Exonerated

Thread Information