Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Staggered Units

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I want the Lakers to get Turner. Another guy who is always hurt, and a guy they will have to pay this summer, thereby sabotaging their future even more.

Their defense is already fine, and he doesnt do much to help their already slow, poor shooting half court offense. Please, Lakers, go get Turner and Hield. Make that 24/25 pick better!
    I'm not sure they would pay him - doesn't seem like anyone wants him. They will have some cap space next year and if they give up those '27 and '29 picks for Hield and Turner, they will still have our '23 pick to trade. All it takes is one healthy decent season from AD and Turner and they will be just fine. They are a better team with Hield and Turner than without.

I care about the '23 pick more than '24/25. Right now we know they are terrible. They may not be terrible next year. Right now, we know the west is great, we don't know if it will be next year or 2025. We have to do everything we can to ensure they suck this year to get the lottery odds that are potentially possible.

If they traded 27 and 29 for Turner and then did not re sign him, that would be an all time bad move

I actually think it may be more likely the Nets trade for Turner anyway, and they have some young guys they can include in addition to picks

All Nets picks are with Houston

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    All Nets picks are with Houston
    I don't think that's correct

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    If they traded 27 and 29 for Turner and then did not re sign him, that would be an all time bad move
    I meant - he wouldn't get that much money in free agency, and I also don't think the Lakers give up their first round picks for Turner without significant protection. The point being is that the Pels should do everything in their power to sabotage this season, and that means out bid the lakers for any target of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    I meant - he wouldn't get that much money in free agency, and I also don't think the Lakers give up their first round picks for Turner without significant protection. The point being is that the Pels should do everything in their power to sabotage this season, and that means out bid the lakers for any target of theirs.
    That would be a never ending Whack a Mole strategy. You block Indy, the Lakers go to Charlotte. Or Utah. Or SA. Numerous teams will offer solid players for a big expiring and those two picks. Not enough roster spots to block all the paths
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information