Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: October 28th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 3-1

Remember last year when people where saying to just lose the play in game so we can get another chance with our own pick, well that play in and playoff experience was worth more to the confidence it gave to this group of young guys and the fans saw it and supported these guys.. so what if with that high seed it unlocks something within these guys and really ascends us into that contender category or it allows one of the young guys to break out into a budding all star type player.. that would be my advocate for option B

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Kawhi is very overrated at this point in his career. At least him being kept out evens the playing field some with all the Pels injuries.

I agree that this team is not a contender currently, and it would be a surprise if they become one this season. As in a team that can REALLY win the title. Win 4 playoff series, when the guys haven’t even won one together yet. Save for the 2008 Celtics, franchises have had to take incremental steps to become champions. You don’t go from no playoffs, no playoffs, first round exit to champion. Don’t happen.

But to me, that is a good argument for choosing B. Maybe you get your 2nd round exit this year. Even sneak into the 3rd the way the young Celtics did a few years ago and grab that experience.

Personally, I find myself rooting against the Lakers just a little harder than I root for the Pels. When the Pels play, I don’t worry about wins and losses nearly as much as certain guys getting minutes and rooting for development of guys like Zion and Trey, etc.

But man, if and when the Lakers ever win games this year, I will be upset. I would bet that flips the next two years when the Pels are contenders and that final pick is more of a luxury
    @mcnamara247

The next 2 Laker picks is the kind of luck a team needs to be a real contender

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Remember last year when people where saying to just lose the play in game so we can get another chance with our own pick, well that play in and playoff experience was worth more to the confidence it gave to this group of young guys and the fans saw it and supported these guys.. so what if with that high seed it unlocks something within these guys and really ascends us into that contender category or it allows one of the young guys to break out into a budding all star type player.. that would be my advocate for option B
    agreed....this team is crazy good when healthy and imo the playoffs made these guys tough and want to win for each other down to the last man on the team.....the season just started and its talk about the picks thing...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No there not.
    Let's see who they trade away with Hayes, Graham and Temple gone. Then they have a 10 deep roster, which is required for this contender speak.
    I dont think the 10th guy is what makes the difference. For the Pelicans to contend we need the top 8 guys to stay healthy and continue developing, both individually and as a team.

Thread Information