Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: October 28th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Naji and Jose are the hustle team
    Naji is exactly the player you want when you are missing half your squad. He helps keep you in these games. Jose is just so good already

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Biyambo is complaining like he isnt fouling the hell out of JV.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    We need Jonas out there, missing his offense and his presence. It makes a big difference when the top two offensive options are out. Pels are +4 with Jonas and -15 with Nance.

Watching CJ get to his spot and sink the midrange is art

the Suns are on a revenge tour

I'm disappointed with CJ the last two games

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I'm disappointed with CJ the last two games

I thought he's been fine. But I also think I have much lower expectations.

The fact that they still had 6 players in double figures tonight is a monumental tailwind.

I'd trade Larry and a couple 2nds for Miles Turner. He had an extremely weak game tonight unfortunately.

Still a very nice outcome given the circumstances. What are the odds you have 3 starters out at the same time? Apparently 80% #pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The fact that they still had 6 players in double figures tonight is a monumental tailwind.

I'd trade Larry and a couple 2nds for Miles Turner. He had an extremely weak game tonight unfortunately.

Still a very nice outcome given the circumstances. What are the odds you have 3 starters out at the same time? Apparently 80% #pelslife
    The idea of Miles Turner is so much better than the reality. There's a reason that despite the hype surrounding his name, Indiana has been trying to trade him for what seems like forever and nobody has been interested.
    Basketball.

Yeah it was a loss but we all expected that. Just happy to see that, even with 3 starters out - two allstars and our best perimeter defender - things were still largely competitive. Yes, it's a double digit loss but that makes it look worse than it was: 3 of the 4 quarters were super close and we won the first. I consider that a pretty decent outing for a road game missing so much talent.

Hypothetical for the board…which outcome would you choose

Outcome A:

Pels 45-37, 8th seed
    Lakers 25-57, 5th worst record in the league

Outcome B:

Pelicans 52-30, 4th seed
    Lakers 39-43, 9th seed
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Outcome A:

Pels 45-37, 8th seed

Outcome B:

Pelicans 52-30, 4th seed
    Lakers 39-43, 9th seed
    A. Gives me hope for a mystery box of #1 or #2 pick. The thing I’d not like is potentially being matched up vs GS first round.

Hypothetical for the board?which outcome would you choose

Outcome A:

Pels 45-37, 8th seed

Outcome B:

Pelicans 52-30, 4th seed
    Lakers 39-43, 9th seed
    A: I'd take my chances with Golden State / Clippers / Denver for a shot at a top 5 or 6 pick next year. When healthy, we can play with all those uniforms. If we are not healthy, it's all the more reason to 'wish' the Lakers all the worst because the Pels won't be going anywhere anyhow.
    Last edited by As I See It; 10-29-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Outcome A:

Pels 45-37, 8th seed

Outcome B:

Pelicans 52-30, 4th seed
    Lakers 39-43, 9th seed
    Simple A.

11 times out of 10.

Pels aren't contenders this year
    They could be with a good pick in this draft and small trade come January.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Simple A.

11 times out of 10.

The Pelicans are contenders this year.

A seems to be the consensus. Anybody want to make the Devils Advocate argument for B?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The idea of Miles Turner is so much better than the reality. There's a reason that despite the hype surrounding his name, Indiana has been trying to trade him for what seems like forever and nobody has been interested.
    Yeah I really don't care about other teams and the odd decisions of their GMs. I'm talking about this team and how he'd fit here. Definite upgrade over Larry.

That trade I proposed doesnt even work salary wise. Just off the cuff perfect world type thing. But Turner is on an expiring so I'd be shocked if he wasn't moved and extended somewhere this year.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-29-2022 at 02:34 PM.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Simple A.

11 times out of 10.

I’ll be honest, they are contenders. The only thing holding them back is believing they are. If they believe they are contenders, I see them going very deep. The idea that next year is the year and this and that is the reason next year is always the year . The time is now for them to win. Then next year they can win again.

A seems to be the consensus. Anybody want to make the Devils Advocate argument for B?
    Ok, I’ll try. I believe getting 52 wins and 4th seed will bring this franchise to the next step which I believe is the goal for this season. Also, we will get a home series against a lesser team and probably get us to the second round. This will expand and really pump up the fan base and we deserve that. Plus I really want us to avoid the play in at all cost. 8th seed no bueno!

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    Ok, I?ll try. I believe getting 52 wins and 4th seed will bring this franchise to the next step which I believe is the goal for this season. Also, we will get a home series against a lesser team and probably get us to the second round. This will expand and really pump up the fan base and we deserve that. Plus I really want us to avoid the play in at all cost. 8th seed no bueno!
    I think the answer to this poll mighty different if you divide the responders into season ticket holders and non-season-ticket holders, or people who do not go to games. As a season ticket holder I want them to win every game so I would pick option B.

But aren’t your season tickets much improved over the next 10 years with A? Especially if they get the 1st or 2nd pick?

I'd take option A. The guarantee of another top 8 pick is too enticing.

Devil's advocate for option B: Being that good probably means Zion and BI stay relatively healthy and we beat a lot of good teams. Good chance it means Dyson hits how we all think he will. It'd be the 2nd best season in franchise history and we'd have home-court for a playoff series. Those things are huge deals. Additionally, we'd still have the 12-15 pick which we can keep and hopefully hit on or it attach to Jonas/DG/Kira for a better player/fit.

Again, I'd go option A but it's pretty close. Option B is more fun but Option A gives us a better chance to win a title and sustain long term winning.

EDIT: I'm a season ticket holder
    Welcome to be here

But aren?t your season tickets much improved over the next 10 years with A? Especially if they get the 1st or 2nd pick?
    If they win 52 games this year my season tickets would definitely be improved over the next couple years since current roster would?ve shown growth.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    The Pelicans are contenders this year.
    No there not.
    Let's see who they trade away with Hayes, Graham and Temple gone. Then they have a 10 deep roster, which is required for this contender speak.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 10-29-2022 at 08:25 PM.

Thread Information