Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: October 28th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 3-1

I’m really getting concerned with Dyson’s ankles. He goes out in first game of Summer League in a few minutes with an ankle sprain. Goes out in preseason after being in for like 20 seconds with an ankle sprain. And just had his first game with meaningful minutes in regular season and now has another one. What is going on??

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If Zion and Herb are out. And Dyson is out. That means the old man gonna have to get some run.

Imma go ahead and start on MW2 at tipoff.

Can't even have DD to look forward to

Cheesus Riste

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This is fu**ing terrible. 4 games for a slight slap to the face?

Lakers won the trade
    This has to be sarcasm. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
    This has to be sarcasm. Right?
    AusPel can be a little dramatic sometimes

Both of you guys are true

Basketball Guru
    Both of you guys are true
    lol

No BI, Herb, Zion and DD

Ughhhh

Is Kira ready yet?

Can't even have DD to look forward to

Cheesus Riste
    That's how it's spelled down under?

How what's spelled

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    I’m really getting concerned with Dyson’s ankles. He goes out in first game of Summer League in a few minutes with an ankle sprain. Goes out in preseason after being in for like 20 seconds with an ankle sprain. And just had his first game with meaningful minutes in regular season and now has another one. What is going on??
    You should be more worried about BI getting an accidental slap to the face and out for the season

BI is approaching Anthony Davis levels of being in street clothes

I love how Jose treats every matchup with CP3 as a personal affront. Like he thinks its his destiny to ruin Chris Paul's day.
    Basketball.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    BI is approaching Anthony Davis levels of being in street clothes
    Karl Malone had one of the dirtiest plays in NBA history when he elbow dropped Isiah Thomas in the head on a layup.

Thomas' forehead was split open above the eye and he was taken to a hospital where doctors used 25 stitches underneath the skin and 15 stitches on top to close the cut.

Despite the injury, Thomas was able to return to the game with about seven minutes remaining. He finished the game with six points in 11 minutes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Seeing the BI replay again, i have a theory why it may have caused more damage than it looked. I think a wrist strike landed, not an open hand strike. A bone strike is as effective as a punch and can cause legit knockouts, Bas Rutten used to put people down with those frequently

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Temple sighting! knocking down a three, ok

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Karl Malone had one of the dirtiest plays in NBA history when he elbow dropped Isiah Thomas in the head on a layup.

Thomas' forehead was split open above the eye and he was taken to a hospital where doctors used 25 stitches underneath the skin and 15 stitches on top to close the cut.

Despite the injury, Thomas was able to return to the game with about seven minutes remaining. He finished the game with six points in 11 minutes.
    In the late 19th century they used to prescribe cocaine for tooth aches and you could buy laudanum over the counter in the pharmacy.

Turns out the way we handle things medically tends to be a lot better for long term health than it was in the past. Unless you're playing in the NFL, and then CTE is basically cost of entry.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Seeing the BI replay again, i have a theory why it may have caused more damage than it looked. I think a wrist strike landed, not an open hand strike. A bone strike is as effective as a punch and can cause legit knockouts, Bas Rutten used to put people down with those frequently
    Also people point out that it wasn't a hard hit, while ignoring that he ran into it as well. Walking people into the blow is literally combat sports 101.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    In the late 19th century they used to prescribe cocaine for tooth aches and you could buy laudanum over the counter in the pharmacy.

Turns out the way we handle things medically tends to be a lot better for long term health than it was in the past. Unless you're playing in the NFL, and then CTE is basically cost of entry.
    I wish my dentist prescribed cocaine for toothaches. That sounds awesome..

I wish my dentist prescribed cocaine for toothaches. That sounds awesome..
    Cough medicine had opium in it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

And Junior Seau shot himself in the chest so doctors could study his CTE’d brain. I’m not concerned about what horrible medical practices occurred in the past.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I pray I never see that lineup again.

5th game of the season and Temple getting big minutes. This is just annoyingly familiar at this point.

Thread Information