Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: October 25th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Dallas Mavericks - 2-1

This game should be all Willie needs to see to replace Naji with dyson in the regular rotation immediately.
    Basketball.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Naji is mentally challenged. Free layup, he passes it back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This game should be all Willie needs to see to replace Naji with dyson in the regular rotation immediately.
    Please God

How do you not play this kid at all??!?!?!?!??!
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    How do you not play this kid at all??!?!?!?!??!
    Willie giveth, and Willie taketh away.

CJ is on bs sometimes

Yeah that was fun while it lasted

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    CJ is on bs sometimes
    I agree. I feel like he is largely responsible for that lead being blown. Trying to do it all himself when he had other dudes playing well

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Need to see something done with Graham, Marshall, and Hayes. Good glory glory are they hard to watch collectively.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I think I’d rather us play Seabron than Graham at this point.

After this game there is no reason dyson doesn't get any playing time on this team from now on.

Massively reduced but somehow we still have a lead going into half-time. Willie has to decide now if he wants to win this game or not. If he does, that's going to mean tightening the rotation. Less Naji, less Graham, less Hayes, more daniels, more Jose, more Trey, more Nance.

Yeah Daniels is stealing the show. Made some mistakes but showing alot. Hopefully Willie sees. Jose making Kira look like the ghost of christmas past

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    After this game there is no reason dyson doesn't get any playing time on this team from now on.
    I can think of 13 minutes a night he should be getting straight away.

Also, that ankle on Luka lookin tender. Hopefully he sits out the 2nd half.

Was DG playing that bad? lol

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    He can't switch on anybody on defense. They target him everytime down the court. Thus a 16 point lead erased.

Looking at Jax it's so disappointing that he doesn't have it in him. He would have been that perfect big that could potentially defend the switch, block shots, shoot a little bit and very athletic.. sadly his basketball iq is nowhere to be found

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    When dg is playing, it's bad lol

Looking at Jax it's so disappointing that he doesn't have it in him. He would have been that perfect big that could potentially defend the switch, block shots, shoot a little bit and very athletic.. sadly his basketball iq is nowhere to be found
    It's a shame. I had him as a top 10 guy in that draft because his athletic gifts are so elite and rare and he had played so little basketball at a high level up until that point that it was easy to view his rawness as just that - rawness. Inexperience. But now we're in his 4th year and he's still years away from being a heavy minutes guy; he was okay his rookie year, improved his sophomore year, and then regressed year 3 and seems to have stagnated. Might just need a change of scenery but it's not looking great rn.

I can think of 13 minutes a night he should be getting straight away.
    Easily!

Naji is a useful player but I agree that there is no way he should be stealing DD’s minutes if he is at this level already.

It's a shame. I had him as a top 10 guy in that draft because his athletic gifts are so elite and rare and he had played so little basketball at a high level up until that point that it was easy to view his rawness as just that - rawness. Inexperience. But now we're in his 4th year and he's still years away from being a heavy minutes guy; he was okay his rookie year, improved his sophomore year, and then regressed year 3 and seems to have stagnated. Might just need a change of scenery but it's not looking great rn.
    Lazy AF and entitled brat. He was gifted the genetics of an All NBA body but the brain of Paris Hilton.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    dont give up on him. Dont forget its his is first season in the NBA not playing for a new coach/system and he's younger than Jose and Herb. Jaxson Hayes is going to have a coming out party this year.

Should have played early on in Erie, huh? Not in his third year in Birmingham.
    Last edited by As I See It; 10-25-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Thread Information