Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: October 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The injury he had has a huge range of possible recovery times depending on severity, and we never got told the severity. Could just be that it was a very minor version of the issue and he's fine now.

If so, we basically shouldn't see Hernangomez again until JV needs a night off.
    That's what I'm thinking. I know with knees a sprain is technically a tear though not nearly as severe, I'm thinking a similar case here where torn UCL was more of a sprain to the UCL.

Basketball Guru
    the jazz have 6 or i can say 8 players that is averaging double figures for the 2 games they played....both teams are avg 127pts.....zion and jonas will have to draw some fouls on markkanen to make this easy for us.......this should be a good game for us..i just hope we dont come out flat and start off slow because of the first home game...

Looks pretty busy in the SKC, lots of Pels jerseys
    Basketball.

BI hits the first 3 for the Pels

We are getting out hustled so far.. Vanderbilt is a good player to have on any team. Love to see the building rocking, hoping this will be a regular thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    We are getting out hustled so far.. Vanderbilt is a good player to have on any team. Love to see the building rocking, hoping this will be a regular thing now.
    Feels so like this is going to be a bit of a grind-out game, which will be interesting to see how the team deals with after two offensive avalanche wins

Gotta say, and of course it's still super early in the season so experimentation is the norm, but not a fan of Green's rotations so far this season. He tried Zion + 4 bench guys who had no offense the other day, today he's trying BI plus 4 bench guys - at least Trey is on there, which helps somewhat with spacing, but still.

One of the great things about having 4 starters who can really create offense for themselves and others is that nobody ever has to be alone on the court. Two of them can be on there at all times.

Naji can't hit a 3, but he can hit our best player in the face and take him out of the game. Man, I need Griff to trade that dude sooner than later
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Naji can't hit a 3, but he can hit our best player in the face and take him out of the game. Man, I need Griff to trade that dude sooner than later
    Dyson Daniels would never

Zion getting blocked at least 3 times already...he would have made that shot against kessler if he switched it to his right hand

I dont understand --- If you are going to take out the 3 other good offensive players and have a Zion lineup with 4 reserves, then why isnt Zion getting the ball? Why no point Zion for those minutes?

Its like the coaching staff see him as just another guy on the team and not the once in a generation scorer he can be. Its weird

Oh great, and here are the Graham minutes

I dont understand --- If you are going to take out the 3 other good offensive players and have a Zion lineup with 4 reserves, then why isnt Zion getting the ball? Why no point Zion for those minutes?

Its like the coaching staff see him as just another guy on the team and not the once in a generation scorer he can be. Its weird
    Saw someone say on Twitter the other day that, as a personality and team leader, Green is a top tier coach. But his rotations are C grade at best.

It's absolutely true. Lineup choices are baffling sometimes and don't maximise the best skills of the team and we don't adjust our playstyle at all when the personnel changes.

Love this offense when they get in transition. So many options

That was a nice unselfish play from graham to get zion going... last game it was billy instead of nance with this lineup..improvement lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Saw someone say on Twitter the other day that, as a personality and team leader, Green is a top tier coach. But his rotations are C grade at best.

It's absolutely true. Lineup choices are baffling sometimes and don't maximise the best skills of the team and we don't adjust our playstyle at all when the personnel changes.
    My take since last year has been that he is a fantastic leader, a below average coach. Which can be fine if you have assistants handle the X and O's, scouts and analytics suggest the rotations, etc

My take since last year has been that he is a fantastic leader, a below average coach. Which can be fine if you have assistants handle the X and O's, scouts and analytics suggest the rotations, etc
    We have one of the top analytics guys now, hopefully he gets Green right soon
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I legitimately think that's our first Zion alley oop of the season

Zion's first alley oop dunk 0_0

BI went out...looks like a concussion from that naji hit -_-

Not a fan of this lineup at all. JV/Naji/Jax/Graham/Herb is a monstrosity

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    BI went out...looks like a concussion from that naji hit -_-
    Pretty irresponsible to assume that and put it on here as if its (semi) fact. It does not look like that at all. Some people arent watching this game and only reading the thread. Be better.

People think this team is close to a title

Can I please have 1 million dollars please

Cheers man

I hope its not though...the way he asked out seems he was still feeling the effects from that hit and went to the locker room

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    People think this team is close to a title

Can I please have 1 million dollars please

Cheers man
    You have been a dedicated downer to start the season, what's up?

Thread Information