Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Pelicans Centric Prospects for the 2023 NBA Draft

How did the Lakers get a four day break in-season? They played on Sunday and won't play again until Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    How did the Lakers get a four day break in-season? They played on Sunday and won't play again until Friday.
    Chicago had a good break as well. the last time they played us they had a 4 day rest after then played denver, had another 3 day rest then plays us tonight.

Jeremy Woo dropped a new mock today.

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/11/17/nb...son-nick-smith

I'm intrigued by Jarace Walker. He's off to a hot start. He could be a potential small ball 5 for us.

Gradey Dick looks like Klay reincarnation. Unbelievable release.

Quote Originally Posted by redboy0125 View Post
    Jeremy Woo dropped a new mock today.

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/11/17/nb...son-nick-smith

I'm intrigued by Jarace Walker. He's off to a hot start. He could be a potential small ball 5 for us.
    This mock has us with the 2nd pick. We wouldn't be wasting that on Walker when Scoot Henderson would be available.

We'll probably pick around 5th

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We'll probably pick around 5th
    I just have this gut feeling we’re getting the #2 pick and getting Scoot.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    This mock has us with the 2nd pick. We wouldn't be wasting that on Walker when Scoot Henderson would be available.
    I like Jarace, but I like him more at like, 8th to 10th pick range. Not top 5 at all, imo. Scoot, both Thompson twins, dariq Whitehead, Cam Whitmore, all would come above Jarace for me.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Of course we take Scoot if we land the 2nd pick. I'm thinking unless AD and Bron miss alot of time, they'll finish with a better record than the Spurs, Rockets, Pistons, Magic and Hornets. I realize it's still early and alot could change but I'm anticipating the pick being barely better than what we got last year...probably #5 or #6.

I'm liking the idea of getting Cam Whitmore if he's on the board with the Pelicans (Lakers) pick

Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    I'm liking the idea of getting Cam Whitmore if he's on the board with the Pelicans (Lakers) pick
    Whitmore would be nice. Have a feeling Pels will continue the tradition of drafting a prospect from Alabama - Brandon Miller. Silky smooth. Ke'lal Ware fits the mold of the shot-blocking, 3 pt. shooting Center - but probably 10th pick or after.

Anyone like GG Jackson in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Whitmore would be nice. Have a feeling Pels will continue the tradition of drafting a prospect from Alabama - Brandon Miller. Silky smooth. Ke'lal Ware fits the mold of the shot-blocking, 3 pt. shooting Center - but probably 10th pick or after.
    I was wondering why Miller wasn't in his top 10. He's going top 5. Maybe as high as 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I was wondering why Miller wasn't in his top 10. He's going top 5. Maybe as high as 3rd.
    Personally don't have Miller top 10. I've got both him and Ware hanging around late lottery, mid-teens area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Personally don't have Miller top 10. I've got both him and Ware hanging around late lottery, mid-teens area.
    Who you taking for Pels at #3 overall? Whitmore, Amen or other? Cam W seems like mini Zion with a jumpshot. Amen could be a more athletic mix of Dyson and Herb.

Who you taking for Pels at #3 overall? Whitmore, Amen or other? Cam W seems like mini Zion with a jumpshot. Amen could be a more athletic mix of Dyson and Herb.
    Nick Smith

Amen is my #4 right now but it's not a complete lock. It's not like in past years where there's like three guys and then a clear drop. Top 8 or so seems really strong this year.

We aren't getting 3

Cam looks nice if the pick is high, but if it's 8 and higher then i like GG Jackson, Black, Cason Wallace and Jarace Walker

We aren't getting 3
    Probably not, but miracles can happen and even if we don't, it doesn't hurt to talk about it.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    We aren't getting 3
    the odds will likely be very much against it, but then again, the lottery can be a strange animal....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    the odds will likely be very much against it, but then again, the lottery can be a strange animal....
    I don't know, I just don't believe in the Lakers still. I don't think they'll be a bottom 5 team but it really would not surprise me if they missed the playoffs.

GG Jackson might be worth taking a look at

Season Ticket Holder
    We aren't getting 3
    People said the same thing about getting #8 last year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    People said the same thing about getting #8 last year.
    Exactly

Thread Information