Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers already in mid-season form.

I don’t disagree with any of this. Just saying, if only 9 WC teams win 35+ games, the Lakers will be playing until the end. We need to hope hard for a 10th
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Very possible if either AD or Lebron miss some time due to injury.
    Or Davis gets moved/traded hihi:

https://lakeshowlife.com/2022/10/16/...anthony-davis/

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Green wouldn?t be able to do that with the Lakers either. His voice works with young, hungry dudes who have never accomplished anything. Wouldn?t work on Lebron, Westbrook, etc
    Agree 100%. My comment was more about the Lakers players than Ham's ability.

I always felt that Anthony Davis' box score was far more impressive than his eye-test results, and that feels more true today than ever. His numbers look great (24-10-2 + 5 stocks per game) but his team sucks and his impact just doesn't feel that strong. Can't believe someone as smart as Zach Lowe was picking him as a dark horse MVP candidate.

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I don?t disagree with any of this. Just saying, if only 9 WC teams win 35+ games, the Lakers will be playing until the end. We need to hope hard for a 10th
    So in a weird way, we have 7 VERY important games on the schedule for pick purposes:

4 vs Lakers - need to sweep it to help our pick

3 vs UTAH - we already lost 1, and we play other 2 in December. Utah should still be playing hard then. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for Pels to use those 2 games as "rest" games. Help prop up the JAZZ

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenWereHealthy View Post
    I always felt that Anthony Davis' box score was far more impressive than his eye-test results, and that feels more true today than ever. His numbers look great (24-10-2 + 5 stocks per game) but his team sucks and his impact just doesn't feel that strong. Can't believe someone as smart as Zach Lowe was picking him as a dark horse MVP candidate.
    He was incredible for us up until the trade. He passed the eye test

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    The only knock I really had on AD during his time here is that he didnt seem to have that alpha mentality that you want in a number one guy leading a team. Loved him as a player just not sold on him as a team leader

AD won a title his first season in LA so I’m not gonna act like he was ever a bad player. He played under Gentry for most of his time here and that says enough for me. His injury problems as others have pointed out are a fair criticism.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    The only knock I really had on AD during his time here is that he didnt seem to have that alpha mentality that you want in a number one guy leading a team. Loved him as a player just not sold on him as a team leader
    that's fair, for sure

Draft Pick
    AD out tonight against Minnesota.

Turns out we're in midseason form too with the injuries

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Toni was amazing for us

He averaged about 30 points with a 28 PER against prime GSW in the playoffs which are incredible numbers

Too bad (for the Lakers) he turned into one of the leagues biggest bishes

Last edited by Chris; 10-28-2022 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    AD won a title his first season in LA so I’m not gonna act like he was ever a bad player. He played under Gentry for most of his time here and that says enough for me. His injury problems as others have pointed out are a fair criticism.
    So did Quinn Cook. That roster had a lot of experience, and it had Rondo and LeBron, and Dwight Howard

Wemby, Scoot, Smith, Thompson twins. I'm good with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    So did Quinn Cook. That roster had a lot of experience, and it had Rondo and LeBron, and Dwight Howard
    And AD who they were not winning the title without. Point is he was a big part of that championship and I’m not going to pretend otherwise. His stats aren’t empty or misleading. If people want to make the argument that he isn’t a leader or an “Alpha” fine. I’d agree that he isn’t that kind of player.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Well dangit, Nuggets.

Never ever bet on Denver

Draft Pick
    Westbrook is basically the catalyst for the Lakers' wins right now. AD and Lebron are good for 50-60 points a game and really need scoring help to pull out wins for most games. And the only ones on the Lakers capable of doing that are Westbrook or Walker IV. If both get it going, the Lakers will likely have a good game. If one of them gets it going, the game will probably be close. And both are pretty inconsistent at this stage. There can be outlier games by others, but no one else has much of a scoring package.

Starter
    OMG...I always check on the Lakers scores. I saw a score in the 3rd and they looked like they had a handle on the Pacers. Got busy and went back to the score and saw it was tight under a minute. Lebron hits a short shot with about 20 seconds to go to put them up 2. Pacers nail a 3 at the buzzer to win by 1. I just love Lakers misery. Would love to have seen Lebron's reaction at the end.

Aww man such heartbreak for the lakers. So tough man.

And now finally, 6 weeks into the season, the lakers go on a real road trip.

**Actually they get portland at home first, then the real road trip. Good grief.
    Last edited by luckyman; 11-29-2022 at 12:20 AM.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    well that was glorious. thank you Pacers.

Wow, i already had the lakers winning that game after they were up by so much... thank you pacers!

Useless without video

Thread Information