Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers already in mid-season form.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    What’s a better move, so say they end up with the 6th-ish overall pick do we go BPA or are we too loaded on talent already and take that pick and package with a future pick and go after an all star and a championship
    There is no such thing as a team having too many good players.

Obviously if there's a top tier player available that you can pick up with the pick, that's another thing entirely and you would be foolish to reject someone like Jokic (to pick an extreme example) just because you think you have a 14% shot at Wemby, but generally speaking that's not because you're too loaded on talent, it's just choosing someone who is established over a future prospect.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    There is no such thing as a team having too many good players.

Obviously if there's a top tier player available that you can pick up with the pick, that's another thing entirely and you would be foolish to reject someone like Jokic (to pick an extreme example) just because you think you have a 14% shot at Wemby, but generally speaking that's not because you're too loaded on talent, it's just choosing someone who is established over a future prospect.
    I hear you but I’m saying there are only so many minutes to go around and to develop young guys they need minute, say we get a top 5 pick and take a rookie it’s gonna be hard for him to get minutes when we have other developmental players like Dyson, herb, Murphy, Jose, Kira etc.

Or maybe you package one of those guys and a pick or 2 and go get a monster like Embiid and swing for the fences. I’m just throwing stuff out there

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I hear you but I’m saying there are only so many minutes to go around and to develop young guys they need minute, say we get a top 5 pick and take a rookie it’s gonna be hard for him to get minutes when we have other developmental players like Dyson, herb, Murphy, Jose, Kira etc.

Or maybe you package one of those guys and a pick or 2 and go get a monster like Embiid and swing for the fences. I’m just throwing stuff out there
    Sure, but if you are still drafting, that's when you start to prioritise. I promise that if we end up drafting Wemby, he's not getting benched so we can prioritise the minutes and development of Billy Hernangomez or Jaxson Hayes, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sure, but if you are still drafting, that's when you start to prioritise. I promise that if we end up drafting Wemby, he's not getting benched so we can prioritise the minutes and development of Billy Hernangomez or Jaxson Hayes, for example.
    Lol well that’s a given, Victor is a starter wherever he goes

So Westbrook said he took that insane shot at the end of the game, with 26 seconds left and 18 seconds on the shot clock, because he wanted to go for a 2-for-1.

The Lakers were UP.

Man's shot selection and game awareness is negative right now

Westbrook is ruled out tonight against the Nuggets with a "hamstring injury". Tonight is the Lakers' chance to prove they are better without him on the floor. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    How does this guy have 3.2M followers?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I would guess 2.95 million of those are following to wait on him to be wrong and scream at him when he is

I always think about that scene in the Howard Stern movie where the data shows that those who hate Howard listen to him twice as long as those who love him

I
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I would guess 2.95 million of those are following to wait on him to be wrong and scream at him when he is

I always think about that scene in the Howard Stern movie where the data shows that those who hate Howard listen to him twice as long as those who love him

I
    Probably why Stephen A makes over $10 million a year.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I watched some of the Lakers game last night. They are truly awful and I don't see a scenario in which they become decent. AD already looks like he is a 65 year old with a bad back. He is going to be sitting a lot this year. Glorious!!

The problem still remains that they will keep trying through all 82 games while others won’t. Simply because of that, they will move ahead of 4-6 teams. What we need to hope for is 10 clear WC teams in the playoffs/play in, so that the Lakers are out of that by March and can start resting

I think there are 9. So, Kings, Jazz, Spurs, or Rockets - just need one of them to be, and stay, much better than expected. Otherwise, I fear that Lakers will have a real shot at the 10 seed and will play hard and try to win through April.

The AD deal might end up being one of the best trades ever —
    The haul:
    1) BI
    2) CJ and Nance (obtained using Hart and NAW)
    3) Jax (not every lottery pick can be a winner)
    4) Herb
    5) Dyson
    6) 2023 pick swap (a last minute throw-in by the Lakers that might be pure gold)
    7) The Lakers best draft pick between 2024 and 2025.
    8) 4-5 years in a row where Pels fans can root for their team to win, and there is no incentive for the Pels to tank because we can just root for the Lakers to tank on our behalf.

Season Ticket Holder
    The problem still remains that they will keep trying through all 82 games while others won’t.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that.

If they have a terrible record at the allstar break, Lebron's motivation could change from winning to chasing the scoring record. He might just start jacking up shots instead of making the right play.

ONLY IF there are 10 good WC teams. And again, I see 9 definites

But the 10 seed could be 32 wins. We need one of those other guys to be a 40 win team. And then, yes, I think Lebron quits

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    By wouldn’t you agree with him here? The problem obviously is not Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Probably why Stephen A makes over $10 million a year.
    Who picked Pelicans in the WCF in June . Just FYI

Season Ticket Holder

But the 10 seed could be 32 wins. We need one of those other guys to be a 40 win team. And then, yes, I think Lebron quits
    I wonder about Utah pushing for a play-in spot despite Ainge's best efforts. PDX is no joke. We just need Sacto to not totally suck. Which is a big ask.

The bottom 5 in the West don't make the playoffs/play-in. That could easily be:

Spurs
    Rockets
    Thunder
    Lakers
    Jazz or Kings

It is certainly not a wild proposition that the Jazz or Kings win enough games to make play-in.

Again, to get the Lakers to quit they don’t need to simply make the play in by a game or two. They need to be up 8 games in early March on the Lakers

Season Ticket Holder
    Again, to get the Lakers to quit they don’t need to simply make the play in by a game or two. They need to be up 8 games in early March on the Lakers
    Wait, who is "they" in the second sentence.

Portland and Utah getting off to hot starts has certainly helped that endeavor. We just need the Lakers to keep losing the games they are supposed to lose for the next few weeks and put them so far down they look like us last season. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Ham will not keep that team of mercenaries bought in the same way Green was able to do with the Pelicans last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Wait, who is "they" in the second sentence.
    Utah, Sac, etc. whoever is gonna take that 10 spot

If they are up 2 on the Lakers in March, Lakers are still trying

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Portland and Utah getting off to hot starts has certainly helped that endeavor. We just need the Lakers to keep losing the games they are supposed to lose for the next few weeks and put them so far down they look like us last season. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Ham will not keep that team of mercenaries bought in the same way Green was able to do with the Pelicans last year.
    Green wouldn’t be able to do that with the Lakers either. His voice works with young, hungry dudes who have never accomplished anything. Wouldn’t work on Lebron, Westbrook, etc

Season Ticket Holder
    Utah, Sac, etc. whoever is gonna take that 10 spot

If they are up 2 on the Lakers in March, Lakers are still trying
    Very possible if either AD or Lebron miss some time due to injury.

If AD sits measurable time, his team's record will not be LBJ's focus; LBJ's records will. It will be all Lebron...all the time. Never saw a guy who places so much importance in himself in my life.

Well, maybe one.

Thread Information