Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: And so it begins. The injury report thread

Pelicans And so it begins. The injury report thread

I?m back! Here is your injury report for this week ‘s games

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What begins? Batman?

Do we even need to see either of these guys in preseason? Maybe in the last game or two tops.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Preseason. Tacos.

I really do not want to see a repeat of last preseason. The starting 5 needs time on the court in at least 3 preseason games together.

Watching the Nets, I really can't see how they could start Simmons and Claxton opening night. Two complete non-shooters. Such is the problem with Ben Simmons. He also looks rusty as hell.

Yeah don’t play them at all in preseason. How is that strategy going for the Saints?

The Saints don't have a quarterback. Actually, they may have a serviceable guy if they keep playing Dalton. But they won't get anywhere until they get another stud. But that could take a while.

The pels have continuity for the first time this year in a long time. Sure, we have to get everyone comfortable playing with Zion but I dont think that will be too hard to work him in.

On the bright side.

Pels Life!

The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that center Jaxson Hayes sustained a torn ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) in his left elbow (non-dominant) during last night’s preseason game against the Detroit Pistons. Hayes will undergo rehabilitation for the injury and will be re-evaluated in two weeks.
    https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/ja...-roster-100822

Griff. not telling us much on a timetable on his return. Could be 2 weeks, could be months, could be next year.

PELS LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/ja...-roster-100822

Griff. not telling us much on a timetable on his return. Could be 2 weeks, could be months, could be next year.

PELS LIFE
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...s-of-the-elbow

If your UCL tear can be treated without surgery, the recovery may last anywhere from several weeks to several months. It depends on the range of motion you’d like to achieve in the elbow. Your physician and physical therapist will work together to monitor your progress.

If Tommy John Surgery is recommended, the rehabilitation can take nine months to a year, and sometimes longer.
    Literally anywhere from a few weeks to a year plus, depending on severity and treatment options.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...s-of-the-elbow

Literally anywhere from a few weeks to a year plus, depending on severity and treatment options.
    Isn't this something that Jason Smith had?
    Or was that his rotator cuff?

Internally, they are thinking more like Christmas. The reevaluation is to see what procedures will be necessary, depending on initial healing. But they think Christmas or January return is most likely
    @mcnamara247

I would imagine this puts a damper in the “get his value up” agenda. But does this make negotiating his contract after the season a more likely possibility?

I doubt his value was ever going up. His value is as an expiring. Because even if he played better, that would just raise his asking price for the contract. So no matter what - play good or play bad, his trade value wasn’t changing IMO

Oh, well if that’s the case I don’t see any upside to him missing. Maybe more minutes for Dyson. Or unfortunately, Temple.

I see it as more for Willy. I think Willie likes the two big lineup, especially with those two small guards on the bench unit. I think Willy goes from 11th man to 10th. Dyson from 12th to 11th. I think Hayes was gonna get 12-18 mpg and now most of those will go to Willy, with a few more going to Trey

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I see it as more for Willy. I think Willie likes the two big lineup, especially with those two small guards on the bench unit. I think Willy goes from 11th man to 10th. Dyson from 12th to 11th. I think Hayes was gonna get 12-18 mpg and now most of those will go to Willy, with a few more going to Trey
    I think it will mean more minutes for DD. He will het some of Herb's minutes in the backcourt when Herb slides down to man the foward position. Willy may benefit somewhat, but LN will see less minutes as Zion's back up and more minutes as JV's. Let's also not forget about Naji. He's one of Willie's favorites. But all in all, I'm confident they will manufacture ways to get DD on the court.

Just a false alarm?

Yeah this ******** again. #Pels Life

Welp back to Oregon?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Thought I saw he was no longer in concussion protocol. Clearly that isn't the case.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 10-25-2022 at 07:10 AM.

Season Ticket Holder
    Please post injury updates on Zion/BI/Herb for Friday's game vs. Suns here. Thanks.

Thread Information