Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: And so it begins. The injury report thread

Ingram out for the next three games (at least). Zion and Herb questionable for tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/st...97100922224652

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Ingram out for the next three games (at least). Zion and Herb questionable for tomorrow.

Man, I don't get it with BI. I have seen much worse hits and players not miss any time. He must have just gotten hit at the exact spot to cause an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Man, I don't get it with BI. I have seen much worse hits and players not miss any time. He must have just gotten hit at the exact spot to cause an issue.
    If you the looked on his face while he was on the sideline it looked like he was on planet X, eyes glossy and etc...
    Last edited by sterlr; 10-27-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post

let BI rest up thats fine, it just means its TM3 time

Prepared to hear annoying comments that the Pels still "have their best player" for this trip. And that's clearly a NO at this point.

I can't even call it a 1A and 1B type thing. BI is THE guy and the engine of this team.

It's also time to admit BI is Anthony Davis level fragile. His absence was the main reason for the 3 - 16 start last year. Here we go again.

Fortunately the team is built to handle this crap this year.

More Trey is a good thing. DD will also continue to get minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    If you the looked on his face while he was on the sideline it looked like he was on planet X, eyes glossy and etc...
    I saw him which made me think he had been poked in the eye. That is what it looked like when it happened live. After watching replays, it still did not seem that hard of a hit. I guess he was hit just in the right place.

Part of the reason the Pels at least considered BI for KD (and they did talk about it, despite what they say) is because there was some frustration with how many games BI has missed with things some coaches and FO staff thought were a little more minor. Not saying this falls in to that, and maybe this is more major than it looks. But at some point, we might have to discuss how many games BI misses. Again, we dont have the info here, and maybe every NBA player would miss as many games as BI will with this, but for a fan base that makes fun of AD every chance we get, BI aint that different to be honest
    @mcnamara247

B.I. Still out but this lady at the game the other night good to go

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Part of the reason the Pels at least considered BI for KD (and they did talk about it, despite what they say) is because there was some frustration with how many games BI has missed with things some coaches and FO staff thought were a little more minor. Not saying this falls in to that, and maybe this is more major than it looks. But at some point, we might have to discuss how many games BI misses. Again, we dont have the info here, and maybe every NBA player would miss as many games as BI will with this, but for a fan base that makes fun of AD every chance we get, BI aint that different to be honest
    He’s going to miss 4+ games for an open hand to the nose. Downright ridiculous that anyone would even entertain letting him sit out if that’s the actual reason.

Average all star last year missed atleast 15 games this is the new nba

For a concussion related injury at the beginning of the season, absolutely no reason to rush anything for the sake of a couple games right now. Ingram played 116 games the past 2 years and AD played 76 so lets not make that comparison

Oh word how many games has KD missed the past 3 years compared to BI

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Oh word how many games has KD missed the past 3 years compared to BI
    I imagine the front office is aware of that, man.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Internally, they are thinking more like Christmas. The reevaluation is to see what procedures will be necessary, depending on initial healing. But they think Christmas or January return is most likely
    🤔🤔🤔

I’m just confused how this is a concussion. Naji’s hands must be made of STONE because it didn’t look that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Pelsfan504 View Post
    I’m just confused how this is a concussion. Naji’s hands must be made of STONE because it didn’t look that bad
    Is there any video footage?

I have been told if there is a concussion it can take up to 4 weeks for the brain to repair, so this is why they/BI are/is being cautious.
    Here in the AFL (Australian football) they need wait 12 days before they can play again after passing protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I imagine the front office is aware of that, man.
    I imagine so as well. Thats why its hard to believe they would want to move BI because of concerns with his availability, in favor of a player who is dramatically less available than BI.
    Last edited by hornetsrebirth; 10-27-2022 at 10:53 PM.

I can’t buy into the hype until they prove to me they can stay healthy. We are 4 games into the season, and look at everyone.

BI is injured a ******** load

Mac is right

The tough thing to parse is his ability to tolerate pain (again, not in this case) vs this very cautious medical staff

Like, if it was always totally his call, how many games would he miss? Personally, I don’t know. All I know is that a couple people inside have been frustrated in the past with how long things linger for him

Season Ticket Holder
    Brain injuries (yes, concussions are brain injuries) are a whole different animal than sprained ankles and knees. Yes, some guys are "injury prone" like that guy we used to have. But it is silly to point to BI's concussion recovery time and say something like: see, he's always injured!

As for the rest of the team, let's just see if Zion, CJ, Jose and Dyson play before we get all riled up about this team's 2022/23 injury luck.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    It's like a piano falling on BI and saying he's injury prone. Pure stupidity to compare getting a concussion here, and other, more typical basketball injuries.

Guess who is on the report

Thread Information