Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CJ McCollum has agreed to a two-year, $64M extension

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Does it feel like there is no realistic trade that moves the needle?

Looking at the roster and names that seem available... Outside of getting a nice vet sixth PG... Or another shooter(Bojan Bogdanović was somebody that piqued my interest)... Or having an insurance for Jonas.

I'm really afraid Jonas is gonna run into the ground and sustain an injury. We don't have the shooting results to play primary small ball.

I don't really see anything worth it at the moment.
    Either does the team, hence them only lightly poking their foot into a couple opportunities. But there will be needle moving opportunities in January or February. Either due to the caliber of the player, or because unfortunately someone doesnt live up to our idea of what they will/can be, or injuries.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    This is gonna sound dumb, but one reason the Pels dont feel its necessary to do whatever it takes to keep him around 3 or 4 more years.....Karlo. He could be better than Nance 3 years from now.

Now, I think it still gets done, but it will be a contract the Pels are good with. Karlo coming, ya'll
    Wow, glad to hear that Karlo is that well thought of by the staff. Many times, the stashes are not in the long term plans.

Also, would you guys do this one:

Heat get: Crowder and Devonte
    Suns get: Jaxson Hayes
    Pels get: Duncan Robinson
    Nah, would not want his contract and would seem to eat into Trey's playing time.

Season Ticket Holder
    I always loved CJ's crafty style when he was a Blazer. Happy to see him locked up. Happy to see him get paid.

This is gonna sound dumb, but one reason the Pels dont feel its necessary to do whatever it takes to keep him around 3 or 4 more years.....Karlo. He could be better than Nance 3 years from now.

Now, I think it still gets done, but it will be a contract the Pels are good with. Karlo coming, ya'll
    OK...gimme the story on this Karlo Kat & please tell me he's a legit small ball 5 candidate...so I can finally quit asking every 6'10" guy I see at my local WalMart up here in Bama..."Hey big guy...can you shoot tha 3?".

And...some kinda timeframe on the guy, if you've got an opinion on that.

Karlo hype train officially getting dat coal

Given that Graham is tiny, only has one 'skill' and is terrible at everything else, is 4 guaranteed years worse than anything Ďell ever did?

Asik was unforgivable. You hire Gentry and turn around and give Asik 5 years just a few days later. Beyond dumb

I will never forget where I was when he called me and told me he was gonna hire Gentry. I told him congratulations on finding his guy and immediately said, “Well, I guess that means Asik is gone, huh?”

And there was this super long pause and then he was all “no, I think Asik really fits. He can be our Bogut”

Just dilusional and as usual, bid against himself for a meh player

“no, I think Asik really fits. He can be our Bogut”
    Oh FFS

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I will never forget where I was when he called me and told me he was gonna hire Gentry. I told him congratulations on finding his guy and immediately said, ?Well, I guess that means Asik is gone, huh??

And there was this super long pause and then he was all ?no, I think Asik really fits. He can be our Bogut?

Oh yeah? Where were you? That never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Oh FFS
    #Pelslife?

Thread Information