Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2022-2023 Pelicans Schedule Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    You don't sound very happy. You sound angry and frustrated. You call yourself a realist, but all pessimists say that. I think you need to look inward and see what makes you happy and move towards that. This basketball thing might be too much for your nerves. Heck, you can't even bring yourself to type the words "ZION WILLIAMSON." You're relegated to solely refer to him as a jersey number to dehumanize him. Why do you think you can't bring yourself to view him as a human being? Its all very odd, but mostly angry.

As for me, I am very excited to see how the team does with Zion Williamson. He is real fun to watch play basketball.
    I agree. he is fun to watch except when he's sitting on the end of the bench in his designer 'civies' falling asleep. Let's all hope he's grown up.

BTW: After you hire me for 80K a year for four years and I show up for work less than half the time, can I expect a 450% raise and a guarantee for five additional years?
    Last edited by As I See It; 08-22-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I agree. he is fun to watch except when he's sitting on the end of the bench in his designer 'civies' falling asleep. Let's all hope he's grown up.

BTW: After you hire me for 80K a year for four years and I show up for work less than half the time, can I expect a 450% raise and a guarantee for five additional years?
    I like the direction you take as be a realist. But be prepared if you are wrong about Zion. You will not hear the end of it from these posters.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I like the direction you take as be a realist. But be prepared if you are wrong about Zion. You will not hear the end of it from these posters.
    It's not a matter of right or wrong; it's a matter of keeping it real. To date, # 1 has proven to be totally unreliable, has he not? Anyone who says otherwise, at this point, is wishing and hoping right along side me. But, after three years of living this chaotic sideshow, there is no basis in fact for the extreme optimism for # 1, as expressed by some. On the other hand, I am quite juiced for what I saw on the court last year. The team has the makings of becoming something special.

In summary, I have as much hope for him as anybody in the forum for #1, but I will not paint him with a litany of unfounded, glowing, absolutes as if he was already MJ, LBJ, Kobe, or Giannis. Until he earns some skins, he's just a project with enormous potential. Let's let him roll and see what happens.

Season Ticket Holder
    It's not a matter of right or wrong; it's a matter of keeping it real. To date, # 1 has proven to be totally unreliable, has he not? Anyone who says otherwise, at this point, is wishing and hoping right along side me. But, after three years of living this chaotic sideshow, there is no basis in fact for the extreme optimism for # 1, as expressed by some. On the other hand, I am quite juiced for what I saw on the court last year. The team has the makings of becoming something special.

In summary, I have as much hope for him as anybody in the forum for #1, but I will not paint him with a litany of unfounded, glowing, absolutes as if he was already MJ, LBJ, Kobe, or Giannis. Until he earns some skins, he's just a project with enormous potential. Let's let him roll and see what happens.
    Why can't you call him by his name?

Why can't you call him by his name?
    And that's your retort to my post? OUCH!!!

I guess when you think about it, you ain't got much, huh?

Season Ticket Holder
    And that's your retort to my post? OUCH!!!

I guess when you think about it, you ain't got much, huh?
    That's pretty much the only thing you've written that I'm interested in.

That's pretty much the only thing you've written that I'm interested in.
    Then you must agree with the substance of my post because what you've responded to is pretty superficial.

THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, we all know that your final record isn't dependent on what happens in the first 15 games - we started last season 2-12 and went 34-42 after that and ended up in the playoffs so anyone who didn't know that before has no excuse now - but it still sucks to just lose a ton to start the year. Kills off a lot of fan excitement, gives the media a reason to put the target back on your head, prompts all the rumours about disgruntled players, and it means that every win after that point isn't a 'win' but just a 'step forward'. Sucks.
    34-42? you mean 34-34?

They also started 3-16 and finished 33-30. And that's with BI still missing a chunk of those games and CJ not arriving until Feb.

Getting off to a bad start would be strange this year since there really isn't much roster/coaching turnover.

Given the schedule I'd expect around .500 for the first 20 or 30 games. Wouldn't be surprised if they do better even with all the road games.

Season Ticket Holder
    Then you must agree with the substance of my post because what you've responded to is pretty superficial.

THANKS!!
    I guess you and I have different priorities. That's okay with me.

Well A.I.S.I. Durant not coming here. Just say his name please so we can move on.

Say his name

Say his name

Say his name

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Well A.I.S.I. Durant not coming here. Just say his name please so we can move on.

Say his name

Say his name

Say his name
    Never, EVER, did I want that relic in New Orleans, By now, you should know that I have no tolerence for self-aggrandizement. It's just not who I am. I am quite happy to ride with BI and see if # 1 can make a positive contribution TO THE TEAM (fingers crossed). Then, I'll live with the results.

Nets vs Pels looks like the best opening game of them all for non-casual fans. Assuming both teams are top 8 healthy. Lots of matchups to watch.

BI vs KD. Kyrie vs CJ. Simmons vs Zion. Herb vs KD. How will Joe Harris look. Will Trey command a bigger role off the bench. More NYC magic for Jose?

Pels are currently a 4 point dog even after the Durant news, which is a little surprising. Expected it to be more.

Also, the 1st preseason game against Chicago will be nationally televised on TNT.

Not sure if Bally Sports or pelicans.com will pick up the rest.

Thread Information