Pelicans Report

Thread: General updates to the site and twitter feeds on homepage

Blog Entries

Pelicans General updates to the site and twitter feeds on homepage

Hey everyone. In anticipation of the upcoming 2022-2023 championship season I've updated the player and executive twitter feeds on the homepage. I think I added all the current players that have twitter accounts, as well as Swin Cash, but if there is someone I missed or any additions you want to see to that or the reporters feed just leave a post here and I'll adjust accordingly.

Additionally if there's anything you think we could add to the site to improve things I'm always happy to hear suggestions.

Should be a really fun season and I'm looking forward to seeing the genuinely interesting content that so many posters provide here. Thanks for being a part of the largest and oldest Pelicans forum on the web. Also please don't forget to thank the mods on occasion! They hold this place together.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    dark mode would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    Hey everyone. In anticipation of the upcoming 2022-2023 championship season I've updated the player and executive twitter feeds on the homepage. I think I added all the current players that have twitter accounts, as well as Swin Cash, but if there is someone I missed or any additions you want to see to that or the reporters feed just leave a post here and I'll adjust accordingly.

Additionally if there's anything you think we could add to the site to improve things I'm always happy to hear suggestions.

Should be a really fun season and I'm looking forward to seeing the genuinely interesting content that so many posters provide here. Thanks for being a part of the largest and oldest Pelicans forum on the web. Also please don't forget to thank the mods on occasion! They hold this place together.
    Thanks for this!

As far as updates, maybe we can add a section where new pelicans podcasts have arrived.

Also a more easier way to post tweets or YouTube videos would be awesome.

And lastly maybe a like function like reddit
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Thanks for this!

As far as updates, maybe we can add a section where new pelicans podcasts have arrived.

Also a more easier way to post tweets or YouTube videos would be awesome.

And lastly maybe a like function like reddit
    As for the podcasts, I'll mess around with the homepage and see if I can add a feed from podcasts. Which ones do you want?

I'll take a look at what the newer versions of Vbulletin have to offer with posting potential and likes as well.

dark mode would be nice.
    I don't see an easy way to do this, but I'll keep it in mind as something we'd like to add if possible.

Can we get a qoute on upgrading this forum to xenforo platform?

As for the podcasts, I'll mess around with the homepage and see if I can add a feed from podcasts. Which ones do you want?
    How about In the No and Pels Pod?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Can we get a qoute on upgrading this forum to xenforo platform?
    Just looking at the monthly fees it's not really doable at this point, especially considering the development costs associated with moving all the content and users.

If we win the championship perhaps there will be a surge in revenue and we can make some serious upgrades!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    How about In the No and Pels Pod?
    I'll try to tackle this before the season begins. Thanks.

Just looking at the monthly fees it's not really doable at this point, especially considering the development costs associated with moving all the content and users.

If we win the championship perhaps there will be a surge in revenue and we can make some serious upgrades!
    Can we get a price tho?

And to be honest... Starting the forum from a clean slate. Probably be better than trying to bring back a bunch useless dead content and users.

Start from scratch and treat it as a relaunching of the site
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-31-2022 at 08:58 AM.

Appreciate you guys for trying to make changes here man.

Back in the Harvey days they had give aways . It was not much but it was pretty cool. Like trivia game I think?

Thread Information