Pelicans Report

Thread: Any interest in Poaching Bam or Herro from Miami?

Question Any interest in Poaching Bam or Herro from Miami?

Everyone knows the heat are trying to add Durant or Mitchell. However, they don't have the rookie scale contracts that Utah wants and they can?t trade Bam to Brooklyn because of Simmons. Also, they are short on picks (max of 3 available for trade now) which both Utah and Brooklyn want.

The only way Miami can make these moves happen is by sending out either Herro or Bam for the things Utah and/or Brooklyn are looking for. This means getting back young assets and at least 2 1sts.

Does anyone have interest in taking either Bam or Herro from Miami in exchange for something similar to the following packages:

Trade for Bam:
    - Jonas V.
    - Dyson Daniels
    - + filler
    - (2) 1sts; top 4 protections

Trade for Herro:
    - Jaxon Hayes
    - Kira Lewis
    - + filler
    - (2) 1sts; top 8 protections

This decision will heavily impact the luxury tax this year, so additional moves would have to be made to reduce the team salary. What you think? Anyone interested?

Personally I wouldn?t be that interested in a deal for Herro, but I would be very interested in Bam. However, I don?t think Miami trades Bam unless they get KD and I still don?t think the trades above gives Miami enough to get KD.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If Miami would dare let Bam go, you do it. You run to the podium or trade equivalent. I'd hate to trade Val just on principle of yet ANOTHER season with a different starting center, but whatever.

...and I'm not sure who I want more. Trey or Dys. The mystery box, man...what's in the box?

If I were Miami I would be asking for 2 of Trey, herb, Daniels. Plus 2 picks and filler. I think this is the middle ground

Don't see them unloading Bam. Herro, maybe for the right price, but he is due an extension.

God bless all trade machines! They work hard for us.

Those FRPs would have to be unprotected and I still don't think that would get us Bam.

They have already hinted in past they want Ingram. Do you want to make the Heat a super team?

From last season.

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/...the-miami-heat

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-trade-...and-kevin-love

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    You’re thinking too big of a deal. Think smaller. Target should be Robinson. Jaxon + Graham plus 1st for Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    You’re thinking too big of a deal. Think smaller. Target should be Robinson. Jaxon + Graham plus 1st for Duncan.
    Are you serious?
    They'd have to give the Pels a first for that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    With his contract, the 1st from the Pels in your proposed deal would have to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    With his contract, the 1st from the Pels in your proposed deal would have to come out.
    My proposed deal?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    My proposed deal?
    Sorry, was reading the proposed deal in your post, but it was a quoted deal from RTB.

I think Tyler Herro would be an ideal fit for us; hence, id fire away at the trade for him. IMO we need more than a competent shooter, rather a prolific who teams dare not sag off of

They don't have any interest in trading Bam to acquire KD. Bam is a big reason KD wants to go there. Agree that if we helped any trade they did we would be getting minor assets in return most likely relative to either.
    "..but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team."
    - Bill Simmons (2006)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Thread Information