Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should we trade for Donovan Mitchell?

My prediction is that Donovan Mitchell ends up being an element in the Durant trade rather than a singular mega-trade on his own terms. That's just a guess though.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    We know KD is not coming here, but should we attempt to trade for Mitchell who is on a much cheaper contract and on a team mainly looking for draft picks?

Donovan Mitchell, Jarred Vanderbilt

For

Hayes, Graham, Temple, Daniels, and 4 unprotected 1sts ( Pels 2023, Lakers 2024/2025, Pels 2025, Bucks 2027)

How would Donovan fit on this team?

Lineup

PG: McCullum/Alvarado/Lewis
    SG: Mitchell/Murphy
    SF: Ingram/Jones/Marshall
    PF: Zion/Vanderbilt
    C: Valanciunas/Nance Jr./Hernangomez

Talk about loaded if this could happen.
    I am down for a multi-team trade: Utah gets our picks, Daniels, filler; we flip Mitchell for a switchable 5 like Bam or a stretch 5 or an elite 3&D guy; other team keeps Mitchell or flips him plus picks for Durant.

Absolutely do not want... a back court of two guys that are 6'3" and 6'1" won't work-- it never does... try and think of the last time a starting back court that small played in the finals. Isiah/Dumars in 1990? 32 years ago! It's a sure recipe for lowering a team's ceiling 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyquem View Post
    Absolutely do not want... a back court of two guys that are 6'3" and 6'1" won't work-- it never does... try and think of the last time a starting back court that small played in the finals. Isiah/Dumars in 1990? 32 years ago! It's a sure recipe for lowering a team's ceiling 99% of the time.
    I feel that way too. CJ is already a bit of a liability on the defensive end. There is the argument that CJ can play as the sixth man, but that is too much money invested in someone that will come off the bench. It just doesn’t work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I feel that way too. CJ is already a bit of a liability on the defensive end. There is the argument that CJ can play as the sixth man, but that is too much money invested in someone that will come off the bench. It just doesn?t work for me.
    Even in a ginobili role

Not saying KD is a culture killer but apparently the Durant that was around GS that final year was awful to deal with. He yelled at reporters and was openly distant from the team the entire year and seemed checked out except in games. Was surprised to hear how bad it had been, but the guys on the Hoop Collective who were on that beat talked about how bad it was. They did the whole not going into specifics to protect their access but said enough to read between the lines that he was more than just at odds with Draymond. He was unpleasant to be around for everyone in the organization, didn't exactly listen to Kerr, etc etc

Was a few pods ago on their feed.
    "..but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team."
    - Bill Simmons (2006)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Not saying KD is a culture killer but apparently the Durant that was around GS that final year was awful to deal with. He yelled at reporters and was openly distant from the team the entire year and seemed checked out except in games. Was surprised to hear how bad it had been, but the guys on the Hoop Collective who were on that beat talked about how bad it was. They did the whole not going into specifics to protect their access but said enough to read between the lines that he was more than just at odds with Draymond. He was unpleasant to be around for everyone in the organization, didn't exactly listen to Kerr, etc etc

Was a few pods ago on their feed.
    Steve Kerr did make a comment that he felt like he was "walking on egg shells" around KD, so nah I don't think the Dubs want to deal with that drama again AND give up a ton of their assets. They just won the title without him... they don't need to deal with the drama.

Liking this multi team deal:

Pels get KD

Nets get Donovan Mitchell, Bogdanovic, P Beverley, Devonte Graham, Rudy Gay, and Willy Hernangomez

Lakers get Kyrie Irving, Seth Curry, Naji Marshall

Jazz get Russell Westbrook (buyout), Dyson Daniels, Jaxson Hayes, Kira Lewis, Garrett Temple, and 5 1sts (unprotected Pels 2023, Lakers 2024/2025, 2027 Bucks, and top 4 protected Lakers 2026 and 2028)

Lineup:

PG: McCullum/Alvarado/ DJ Augustin (FA min)
    SG: Ingram/Murphy/ Tony Snell (FA min)
    SF: Durant/Herb
    PF: Zion/Blake Griffin (FA min)
    C: Valanciunas/Nance Jr.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-20-2022 at 08:49 PM.

A McCollum/Mitchell backcourt? Weeew...

Thread Information