Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Color Graham Gone

I can’t tell you Griffs rationale but if you happen to guess it, I can’t stop that and might even be able to call your thought process interesting…
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I can’t tell you Griffs rationale but if you happen to guess it, I can’t stop that and might even be able to call your thought process interesting…
    Hes going to use DG to get NAW back?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Hes going to use DG to get NAW back?
    Don't say that
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Devonte Graham was a desperation trade after the team whiffed on Paul and Lowery which were blessings in disguise. We got the better end of the deal with CJ and Graham over Paul or Lowery on ridiculous contracts. I think we eventually use draft capital and have Hayes, Graham, and Temple as filler either in a preseason trade or a trade deadline deal for a 6th man scorer/shooter. Buddy Hield, either Bogdanovic, or Anunoby comes to mind. I could see the Pels latching on to a KD trade to get Bogdanovic from ATL or Anunoby from TOR for 1 or 2 1sts respectively.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-08-2022 at 08:05 PM.

They will sign Dyson to take up that 15th spot, then sign EJ to a 2-way. Then they will do what they did with both Naji and Jose before the end of the season and sign him to a multi.
    I'm sure what he is sacrificing for the fist few months, he will get back in years 2 and 3. That is already agreed to him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    All thoughts lead to one name. But surely I can’t think that thought.

You would have to attach a first to move him. Maybe you don?t believe you should have to, but you would.

You can?t just dump him to anyone and 2nds wouldn?t be enough. If it was just a dump, yes you would have to give up a first. Now, if you got a bad player back on an expiring or a slightly better player back on 2 yrs, maybe it?s only a second or two. But if you wanted to dump him, you would absolutely have to give up a first. He is a negative asset even before the DWI. And now, you trade for him as another team and you have to answer why you traded for a guy who just had some legal trouble

It absolutely would take a first. If it didn?t, he would be gone already
    Maybe the way I worded my post was confusing. I didn't mean we could move him without giving up the first, I meant there's no reason to move him right now if it requires us giving up a first. The smart move is to hold tight, see if his 3 point shooting rises back to his career mean, with Zion giving him more open looks, then move him when his value is higher. Basically don't trade him when his value is at an all time low. Which you've said is how the teams feels, so im glad they're not desperately trying to move him right now. The smart play is to sit tight imo.

Graham, Hayes and a first. Still want him?
    Nope, not unless that first is like top 20 protected . Graham, Hayes and a 2nd (maybe 2) would be my best offer.

Atleast give us a hint here..

It was the only one-pick move for the sake of Zion and the public to think he was willing to work the bevy of picks to provide more pure shooting around Zion, for which everyone was clamoring.

Not a part of the prediction contest, but I think Trajan was the initiator of the moves to constantly accumulate 6'6"+ wing capable players over the past 2 drafts.

Detroit get Hayes, Temple, Graham and the Bucks 2024 1st (top 10 protected)

Pels get Kelly Olynyk and Cory Joseph

Pels stacked.....League #*#*#*

McCollum/Joseph/Alvarado
    Jones/Daniels/Lewis
    Ingram/Murphy/Marshall
    Zion/Nance/Liddell
    Valanciunas/Olynyk/Hernangomez

CJ 32
    BI 33
    Zion 33
    Herb 32
    VAL 36
    Nance 18
    Oly 16
    Joseph 16
    Murphy 16
    Daniels 10
    Jose 8
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 07-09-2022 at 05:08 AM.

What Lakers and Bucks picks do people think we have? It just always feels like people think we have far more picks than we actually do. Does there need to be a sticky thread on it?

What Lakers and Bucks picks do people think we have? It just always feels like people think we have far more picks than we actually do. Does there need to be a sticky thread on it?
    According to the trade machine we have 2024 Bucks pick.

Don't read RealGM lol

Well, whatever that site is, you should delete from your bookmarks

Since we have moved a pick or 2 from the Bucks I've lost track. Please enlighten...

Only additional picks we have are Lakers 2024 pick (unprotected, can be deferred to 2025) and Bucks 2027 unprotected

That’s it. Now, we can swap our own pick with Lakers in 2023, Bucks in 2024, and Bucks 2026

Only additional picks we have are Lakers 2024 pick (unprotected, can be deferred to 2025) and Bucks 2027 unprotected

That’s it. Now, we can swap our own pick with Lakers in 2023, Bucks in 2024, and Bucks 2026
    Cool thanks. So the war chest isn't as full as I thought. I thought we had at least 2 picks each from the lakers and Bucks... but the Lakers pick swap will help because they'll probably be trash this year.

If you think about it, we really got lucky with the Lakers going like 6-23 or whatever down the stretch. In almost every universe, that pick goes to Memphis. And if you would have really looked at the draft equity from the Bucks and Lakers trade, we would have very little to show for it. The 4th pick we got from the Lakers turned into trash. We traded two Bucks picks already (granted, one of them helped to get CJ). And then just two picks left

Luckily, AD got hurt and the Lakers had a historically bad stretch run.

That site shows swap rights as well under the picks.

If you think about it, we really got lucky with the Lakers going like 6-23 or whatever down the stretch. In almost every universe, that pick goes to Memphis. And if you would have really looked at the draft equity from the Bucks and Lakers trade, we would have very little to show for it. The 4th pick we got from the Lakers turned into trash. We traded two Bucks picks already (granted, one of them helped to get CJ). And then just two picks left

Luckily, AD got hurt and the Lakers had a historically bad stretch run.
    Well that’s the bet you make. Sure, it’s lucky when looking at it individually, but when you acquire 4 first and 4 swaps, the odds of one of them being a top 10 pick are in your favor. The odds would probably say that another one of the 2 picks and 3 swaps will be a lottery pick.

I think more lucky than actually getting a top 10 pick was getting it when we did in this window with BI, Zion, and CJ instead of in like 2027

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Well that’s the bet you make. Sure, it’s lucky when looking at it individually, but when you acquire 4 first and 4 swaps, the odds of one of them being a top 10 pick are in your favor. The odds would probably say that another one of the 2 picks and 3 swaps will be a lottery pick.
    No, I am saying that the lucky part was that we gave away that pick. Griff himself didn’t think he would ever see it again, and they did.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Lol buy him out? Because of a DWI? I get it, its not great. You shouldn't drive drunk, but let's not pretend like we'd be sitting here having this same conversation if he shot 38% from 3.
    No because he sucks and is a negative asset to the team. Any minutes given to him is a waste that could be developing younger players.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    No because he sucks and is a negative asset to the team. Any minutes given to him is a waste that could be developing younger players.
    That hasn’t always been true. If he gets back to 37% on high volume then he’s a worthy rotation player that we’d move down the road

Thread Information