Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Young Dudes Ranked

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Herb and Jayson Tatum will both be 24 when the season starts. I just find that funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    They can prepare all they want, but when a guy like that is harassing the everliving hell out of you, full court, every second you are on the court...it's exhausting. It's just draining, especially when it's a Tuesday night game in the dog days of the season, and you are on the 2nd night of a back to back. You just want to go take a nap...but instead of a nap you get to see Jose for 30 minutes of borderline sexual harassment in the Blender.

And I think alot of people here forget that on nights that he went to the G League last season, the team literally looked dead. We were all on here trying to figure out what the hell they were doing with zero energy or motivation. Then when Jose came back we went back into overdrive again.

Yeah, he is short and will get picked on in bigger matchups, but the positives have far outweighed the negatives.
    Yeah. I'm of the mindset that he will continue to get better skills and keep that dog mentality. I like him as our backup PG moving forward.

I'm also super high on Herb. Both "the eye test" and his stats show that he continues to improve offensively. He keeps getting experts putting ceilings on how good he can get and he consistently shatters through those ceilings. At this point, the safest thing to say about Herb is that no one really knows how vast he can improve. I'm willing to bet he gets his 3pt % up .2 each seasons over the next few seasons.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Whether you believe Herb's shooting improves or not, he was historically good on defense last year.

Had atleast one block or steal in 91% of games last year, as a rookie. For comparison, the DPOY Marcus Smart was at 83% and the runner up Bridges was at 80%.

His defense is his most valuable asset. It's why he has to be at the top of any list ranking our young players.

How good do we think a KD/CP/Booker core is?

I think they'd have to trade out Mikal, Johnson, and more but also they lost Ayton. Seems like an all offense-squad with CP still getting older and older too.

Thread Information