Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Please do not trade Zion or Ingram for Durant

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Right. But Nets don’t have to take the best deal today. Guy is under contract for 4 years. You don’t have to just beat the other 28 teams, you have to match the Nets expectations. I think this is going to drag out much longer than people think. I even think it’s as likely KD plays his next game as a Net as I do think he plays it for another team
    Maybe some complicated multi team deal can be pushed through while all interested parties are in Vegas for Summer League, if not then it's probably going to take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Who is Larry?
    Ashy Larry
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

You guys can go back and read post #132 and beyond. All this has already been discussed
    The discussion lends to less reason for Utah to be involved in such a trade.

Hmm even at 34 he's still one of the top 5 best players in the league and he deadeye from 3. I'd be willing to listen, maybe CJ, trey, val. I mean adding kd could easy put you in the lead for a championship

As Jake Madison pointed out, Pels may be waiting to sign rookies to be included in a trade. Hope that's not the case. Pels have a great opportunity to build internally. Blowing it all up for 34-yr old KD, with a recently repaired Achilles and proven fickle temperament, would be disappointing

So... If the Sun's don't trade Ayton before the 6th. Ayton is an RFA and can sign an offer sheet anywhere, right?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    So... If the Sun's don't trade Ayton before the 6th. Ayton is an RFA and can sign an offer sheet anywhere, right?
    Or he can sign his qualifying offer. Which is why I say this deal either gets done in the next 48 hours, or if it happens at all it'll happen in December.

Nothing would be surprising at this point other than a team other than Suns/Pels/Raptors/Nets ending up with KD.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Or he can sign his qualifying offer. Which is why I say this deal either gets done in the next 48 hours, or if it happens at all it'll happen in December.

Nothing would be surprising at this point other than a team other than Suns/Pels/Raptors/Nets ending up with KD.
    I think the Warriors need to be added to the list.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I think the Warriors need to be added to the list.
    My personal list is Suns/Pels/Raptors/Nets...

I know some would put Heat and Warriors on the list, but both of those teams would really surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    My personal list is Suns/Pels/Raptors/Nets...

I know some would put Heat and Warriors on the list, but both of those teams would really surprise me.
    Yea I can't see a way that Warriors and Durant go for that again. Heat - only if they're giving up Bam to a 3rd team, which they don't seem to want now.

OT: Know it probably won't happen for many reasons, but I would love to trade for Patrick Beverley. Imagine Jose/Bev/Dyson/Herb bench units just putting clamps and frustrating teams for 4 min. stretches. He's a wild one, but man he brings it! Most don't like him, but I love his intensity. Seems like the kinda 'dawg in him' that would have a ripple effect to the young guys.
    Last edited by Rheem654; 07-04-2022 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yea I can't see a way that Warriors and Durant go for that again. Heat - only if they're giving up Bam to a 3rd team, which they don't seem to want now.

OT: Know it probably won't happen for many reasons, but I would love to trade for Patrick Beverley. Imagine Jose/Bev/Dyson/Herb bench units just putting clamps and frustrating teams for 4 min. stretches. He's a wild one, but man he brings it! Most don't like him, but I love his intensity. Seems like the kinda 'dawg in him' that would have a ripple effect to the young guys.
    Right team, wrong guy. I am hoping for a Graham and Hayes for Beasley swap.
    @mcnamara247

I was thinking about Joe Harris for Graham & Hayes if his ankle will be good by training camp but Beasley works just fine.

Beasley makes more sense with the 3pt shooting, for sure. But personally, I'll always pass on Klutch clients when possible.

I like your idea of doubling-down on the defense-first culture of the team, and Bev sets a tone on that end. Counterpoint - could take minutes from Jose/Dyson, and the defense is good enough as is. But on an expiring deal, PatBev would be really fun to add to this squad.

If we can get Seth Curry and move off Te/Jax somehow I'd be hype

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post
    I was thinking about Joe Harris for Graham & Hayes if his ankle will be good by training camp but Beasley works just fine.
    Another good option, but on a 2 year deal at around 20mil/season. Could be a money issue next season, but then he's an expiring contract easier to move if needed. The Bogdanavic-es also an option, with the Jazz one preferable with his expiring deal.

Beasley makes more sense with the 3pt shooting, for sure. But personally, I'll always pass on Klutch clients when possible.

I like your idea of doubling-down on the defense-first culture of the team, and Bev sets a tone on that end. Counterpoint - could take minutes from Jose/Dyson, and the defense is good enough as is. But on an expiring deal, PatBev would be really fun to add to this squad.
    Bev will want to come in and be THE voice. No thanks to that. CJ is the leader, BI is growing, and other young dudes need to show some leadership. Pat Bev would come in thinking he was the leader and wont STFU. Great if you have a roster like Minnesota. Dont need/want that here

Bev will want to come in and be THE voice. No thanks to that. CJ is the leader, BI is growing, and other young dudes need to show some leadership. Pat Bev would come in thinking he was the leader and wont STFU. Great if you have a roster like Minnesota. Dont need/want that here
    Team is so different from a couple years ago. Pat Bev voices was needed then, not now.

True dat, makes sense. As Jose said: "I'm a light-skinned version of him, just better looking."

https://youtube.com/shorts/MizsG83opjs

You have any insight into the Griff - Rich Paul/Klutch relationship? Business is business, but it is curious that we're one of the few teams with a Klutch client. Although Lakers have about half of them, lol.
    Last edited by Rheem654; 07-04-2022 at 09:26 PM.

Beasley would be a nice bench player who could really be a spark plug at times. Would be nice to be added to the Gobert trade to come out with him.

True dat, makes sense. As Jose said: "I'm a light-skinned version of him, just better looking."

https://youtube.com/shorts/MizsG83opjs

You have any insight into the Griff - Rich Paul/Klutch relationship? Business is business, but it is curious that we're one of the few teams with a Klutch client. Although Lakers have about half of them, lol.
    Griff has nothing against Klutch. Will work with them again. This idea that all these other agents are just a breeze to work with and Klutch are monsters got a little out of hand. Their tactics are a little more on display for everyone to see but they really arent that different from what most do behind the scenes.

CAA seems even worse than Klutch

The more time goes on the less my anxiety going. I think I can finally enjoy Summer League and the young guys here. *Cue the meme of smiling face and tears behind the mask*
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

As I said a few days ago, I really think KD plays his next game for the Nets. Pels will give them a monster package of young guys and picks, but they arent trading BI. I dont think Raps are trading Barnes, and the offer GS gave was a "joke", I was told. Ayton isnt gonna wait around forever, and Miami just doesnt have the ammo or salaries if they cant include Bam. Unless someone's position drastically changes, I dont think a trade is happening any time soon

As I said a few days ago, I really think KD plays his next game for the Nets. Pels will give them a monster package of young guys and picks, but they arent trading BI. I dont think Raps are trading Barnes, and the offer GS gave was a "joke", I was told. Ayton isnt gonna wait around forever, and Miami just doesnt have the ammo or salaries if they cant include Bam. Unless someone's position drastically changes, I dont think a trade is happening any time soon
    Who is Ayton waiting on?

I feel like it's been weirdly quiet around him this offseason considering how many teams need centers.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfox View Post
    Who is Ayton waiting on?

I feel like it's been weirdly quiet around him this offseason considering how many teams need centers.
    He can't sign an offer sheet till tomorrow.

Thread Information