Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Please do not trade Zion or Ingram for Durant

To get there without BI or Zion, the trade would have to be something like

Jonas, Graham, Temple, Hayes, Kira and then the Pels could offer some combo of the 6 picks they can trade (their own in 23, 25, 27, 29 plus Lakers 24/25 and Bucks 27) plus I would guess at least one of Trey, Herb, or Daniels

If they put all/most of that on the table, you can probably get KD via a 3 teamer where some of those picks and players go to a third team for an established star.

Let?s say you had to give up 1 of the players in that deal - Herb, Trey, or Dyson - which one would you choose?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Jonas, Graham, Temple, Hayes, Kira and then the Pels could offer some combo of the 6 picks they can trade (their own in 23, 25, 27, 29 plus Lakers 24/25 and Bucks 27) plus I would guess at least one of Trey, Herb, or Daniels

If they put all/most of that on the table, you can probably get KD via a 3 teaser where some of those picks and players go to a third team for an established star.

Let?s say you had to give up 1 of the players in that deal - Herb, Trey, or Dyson - which one would you choose?
    Trey

No wait Dyson

Anyone but Herb

If they put all/most of that on the table, you can probably get KD via a 3 teamer where some of those picks and players go to a third team for an established star.

Dyson.

But also who is a star they can send to Brooklyn?

If the end result is you keeping BI, CJ, and Zion, and netting KD, you do that all day every day.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

To possibly get Durant without giving up BI or Zion, I would imagine the Pels would have to trade 6 first round picks plus some swaps.

To answer your question, I think if I had the choice in choosing which one has to be included it would be Murphy.

When you put 6 firsts on the table, guys become available. Especially in a year when the draft appears to be strong and making your own pick better is such a bonus. Honestly don’t know, but at some point Brooklyn is gonna have to say yes to someone. And if you have a young star, the odds that you can send him to Brooklyn for KD and still be great is probably pretty small. But you can go the other way and trade that young star and get a boatload of picks AND make your own pick better. Utah would make the most sense, but they’d have to take Simmons too for it to work

Something like

Nets get: Donovan Mitchell, Jonas, Bogdanovic, Kira, Hayes, 2 picks and 3 swaps

Jazz get: Ben Simmons, Temple, Graham, 4 firsts

Pels get: KD

Jazz get 4 more firsts plus probably drop way down in the standings. Also gets Simmons to rehab his value. Now have an arsenal of picks to rebuild with under Ainge. Eventually get more when they ship Simmons in a year or two

Nets get Mitchell as the face of the franchise plus some other vets to be respectable as they build back up. Have picks and swaps plus probably the picks they get from Lakers in Kyrie trade.

Pels unload the war chest of picks and swaps and have their big 4 of CJ, BI, Zion, and KD. Kept young, cheap talent plus Nance as a reserve. Now, gotta go use the taxpayer MLE and get guys on minimums to fill out the roster. Give yourself a 4 year title window with that big 4 if you are willing to pay the tax all four years. Then at the end of that window, the hope would be Zion and BI are the best duo in the league and now Herb, Daniels, and Trey are studs too and you go on with that version the way SA transitioned from Del Negro, Avery, Elliot, etc to Manu and Tony.

If the Pels draft capital can just land you Donovan Mitchell outright, I think my question is why do you need the middleman?

Devil's advocate would say KD and Donovan both unlikely to stay that long but one is younger and more likely to stay healthy during a long season.

Mitchell isn’t a fit. I would take old KD on this roster all day over young Mitchell

I just don’t see the team trading Dyson and 6 first round picks. 4 maybe. Name a team that traded 6 firsts for 1 player. Kinda silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I just don’t see the team trading Dyson and 6 first round picks. 4 maybe. Name a team that traded 6 firsts for 1 player. Kinda silly.
    You have to trade that much draft capital to compensate for player talent being thrown in.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    If you don’t trade one of our sniper elite athletes, then you gotta compensate somehow.

Herb, Temple, Graham, Kira, Hayes, and 3 firsts

For:
    KD
    Harris

-Would rather trade Trey instead of Herb
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 07-03-2022 at 10:23 AM.

You can’t post trades if you don’t understand the CBA and basic salary matching. Thems the rules

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If you’re getting KD and you have to trade one of Herb, Trey, or Dyson, I think you trade Herb. But from a fan perspective I’d rather trade Dyson since I have zero attachment to him. Sorry dude, hardly know you!

Herb might be at the peak of his value. Thybulle is the cautionary tale for me. 76ers have seen his trade value decrease, not increase over the last 18 months. And he’s going to need to be paid sooner than the other 3. I jumped through hoops to get a Herb Jones jersey shipped internationally, so this pains me, but if they don’t take Dyson I part with Herb before I part with Trey. I have more confidence in Trey adding and sustaining above average defense on top of elite shooting than I do in Herb improving beyond where he’s currently at offensively.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 07-03-2022 at 11:44 AM.

I will repost this here with another first since the Gobert trade has set the precedent.

KD

For

JV, Graham, Temple (filler), Dyson Daniels, and 4 unprotected 1sts (Pels 2023, Lakers 2024/2025, Pels 2026, Bucks 2027)
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-03-2022 at 12:53 PM.

MM

You think it's a chance we keep one of the young guys if we trade for KD and not include BI or Z? I want to at least keep Dyson but I can't see it lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Something like

Nets get: Donovan Mitchell, Jonas, Bogdanovic, Kira, Hayes, 2 picks and 3 swaps

Jazz get: Ben Simmons, Temple, Graham, 4 firsts

Pels get: KD

Jazz get 4 more firsts plus probably drop way down in the standings. Also gets Simmons to rehab his value. Now have an arsenal of picks to rebuild with under Ainge. Eventually get more when they ship Simmons in a year or two

Nets get Mitchell as the face of the franchise plus some other vets to be respectable as they build back up. Have picks and swaps plus probably the picks they get from Lakers in Kyrie trade.

Pels unload the war chest of picks and swaps and have their big 4 of CJ, BI, Zion, and KD. Kept young, cheap talent plus Nance as a reserve. Now, gotta go use the taxpayer MLE and get guys on minimums to fill out the roster. Give yourself a 4 year title window with that big 4 if you are willing to pay the tax all four years. Then at the end of that window, the hope would be Zion and BI are the best duo in the league and now Herb, Daniels, and Trey are studs too and you go on with that version the way SA transitioned from Del Negro, Avery, Elliot, etc to Manu and Tony.
    I don't think they are moving Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I don't think they are moving Mitchell.
    Ainge basically said he wasn’t moving either dude, and meant it, until someone overpaid for one of them. If someone doesn’t overpay, he won’t move him. If they do, he will. Similar to the Thunder and Paul George. They weren’t looking to trade him but somebody comes to you with a deal like that, you can’t say no.

If you don’t get a huge offer, keep him and trade him later. Mitchell won’t be on the team two years from now and everyone involved knows that. But they aren’t “looking to move him” now

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    MM

You think it's a chance we keep one of the young guys if we trade for KD and not include BI or Z? I want to at least keep Dyson but I can't see it lol
    I am out on trying to predict this thing, mostly because the Nets are the one who will decide and I have no clue what they motivation is and what their patience level is.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    How complicated would Ayton signing his qualifying offer make things for Suns and Nets? I want maximum chaos!

You can’t post trades if you don’t understand the CBA and basic salary matching. Thems the rules
    Directly quote me next time bud

I forgot to add JV into my original trade

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    Directly quote me next time bud
    Will do

I only got....

Graham
    Larry
    Kira
    Temple
    Jax
    Up to 5 1st round picks.

For KD.

*Shrug*

Tell me there is a real better deal. No rebuilding team wants a 34 year old Superstar. No contender have an all star asset to move. And frankly... I don't care.

If we gonna make this trade. We have to win now. So, low ball on talent it and overload with unprotected picks. Empty the War chest.

This is the only way I do it.

https://imgur.com/a/qgpufPp
    Last edited by Taker597; 07-03-2022 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I only got....

Graham
    Larry
    Kira
    Nance
    Jax
    Up to 5 1st round picks.

For KD.

*Shrug*

Tell me there is a real better deal. No rebuilding team wants a 34 year old Superstar. No contender have an all star asset to move. And frankly... I don't care.

If we gonna make this trade. We have to win now. So, low ball on talent it and overload with unprotected picks. Empty the War chest.

This is the only way I do it.

https://imgur.com/a/qgpufPp
    Who is Larry?

Thread Information