Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Please do not trade Zion or Ingram for Durant

Ok we're back. This is my first and hopefully only Bill Simmons moment:

Pels: Durant
    Nets: John Collins, OG Anunoby, Kevin Huerter
    Hawks: Rudy Gobert, Devonte Graham, Jaxson Hayes
    Raptors: Clint Capela, draft picks
    Jazz: Jonas, Joe Harris, Garrett Temple, draft picks

I realize the semantics with Graham and Trae, I just didn't feel like working out a salary dump

My best offer for Durant if I am the GM of the Pels:

Durant

For

JV, Graham, Temple (salary filler); choice of Dyson Daniels or Herb Jones (Nets would likely choose Daniels imo), and 3 unprotected 1sts (Pels 2023 pick, Lakers 2024/2025 pick, and MIL 2027.

Lineup:

PG: McCullum/Alvarado/Lewis
    SG: Ingram/Murphy
    SF: Durant/Jones/Marshall
    PF: Zion/Hayes/Liddell
    C: Nance Jr/FA MLE/Hernangomez

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    My best offer for Durant if I am the GM of the Pels:

Durant

For

JV, Graham, Temple (salary filler); choice of Dyson Daniels or Herb Jones (Nets would likely choose Daniels imo), and 3 unprotected 1sts (Pels 2023 pick, Lakers 2024/2025 pick, and MIL 2027.

Lineup:

PG: McCullum/Alvarado/Lewis
    SG: Ingram/Murphy
    SF: Durant/Jones/Marshall
    PF: Zion/Hayes/Liddell
    C: Nance Jr/FA MLE/Hernangomez

so we get to keep all of our stars in this deal lol.....i hear you...im down with it lol..

Griff can build this package in his sleep without using a single one of our young core if he really wants to. Could very easily turn JV and picks into a young star

When was the last time a Superstar 34 year old went on the market?

CP3?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Zion's favorite rapper is Biggie... which is honestly odd for someone his age.

Biggie was from Brooklyn.

I choose not to believe they got to the moment Zion could sign his extension and needed to still negotiate over protections. But both sides may have bought a little time with the Shams tweet this morning...

Griff has to be going through it. You’re building your young spunky team, but you can get a top 5 guy. And to get him, you have to trade them all. Tough man.

I cannot wait until Durant goes to Phoenix or something so I can stop worrying that Griff is about to ruin my enjoyment of this team for the next half-decade.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I cannot wait until Durant goes to Phoenix or something so I can stop worrying that Griff is about to ruin my enjoyment of this team for the next half-decade.
    This. Trusting MM sources on this one, but then I remember Shamit has sources too and he is making me nervous which I'm sure he is enjoying since he can troll sometimes lol but man I hope KD ain't coming here. All of this sucks man lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

It's times like this where my enjoyment of the NBA really wanes. Maybe it would help if Kevin Durant was a player I enjoyed watching more, but I've never really warmed up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    It's times like this where my enjoyment of the NBA really wanes. Maybe it would help if Kevin Durant was a player I enjoyed watching more, but I've never really warmed up to him.
    Yeah, there's been some people - mostly on Twitter, in fairness - acting like not wanting to trade for Durant means you don't think he's great.

Nah, he's an all-time great player. Top 20 player of all time. Incredible scoring machine.

But he's not fun to watch, he's a very unlikable personality (his public persona, anyway, who knows about his private self), he's very happy to skip out on teams when things don't go his way, and he's in the downswing of his career in terms of years remaining. Last year showed that him+some roleplayers just can't hack it anymore, he's not that guy. He's not top 3 in the NBA anymore. And I'd rather root for the young, upcoming team we can support for years than bring Durant in to try and get a mercenary single chip (which isn't even guaranteed) before he demands a trade or something.

Yeah, there's been some people - mostly on Twitter, in fairness - acting like not wanting to trade for Durant means you don't think he's great.

Nah, he's an all-time great player. Top 20 player of all time. Incredible scoring machine.

But he's not fun to watch, he's a very unlikable personality (his public persona, anyway, who knows about his private self), he's very happy to skip out on teams when things don't go his way, and he's in the downswing of his career in terms of years remaining. Last year showed that him+some roleplayers just can't hack it anymore, he's not that guy. He's not top 3 in the NBA anymore. And I'd rather root for the young, upcoming team we can support for years than bring Durant in to try and get a mercenary single chip (which isn't even guaranteed) before he demands a trade or something.
    This is the first time in his career that Durant has made a public trade demand. It's so funny how the perception of him has changed over the years. Or even over just the last 12 months. He was a smaller shoe size away from knocking Giannis out the playoffs a year ago in a game 7 in which he was surrounded by scrubs. It's a great place to be as a fan to have a team that could legitimately trade for KD and still have enough talent to contend, or alternatively ride it out with the talent we have and STILL have a possibility of contending.

For me, the devil would be in the details for any KD deal. I could see some trades I'd love and some I'd hate immediately. What I don't get is people downplaying how good KD is or all of a sudden crapping on him like he's been this horrible teammate or dude in his career.

Look how far we've come man! I didn't sit through the lady behind me yelling out inappropriate Asik insults and cursing out Monty Williams, or the Denver playoff loss, or Mashburn's vertigo, or AD's exiting games, or Baron Davis and Chris Paul's trade demands, or David West's wife showing up to the game in a Lakers jersey.... to all of a sudden turn my nose up at watching KD join the squad and compete for a championship!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    This is the first time in his career that Durant has made a public trade demand. It's so funny how the perception of him has changed over the years. Or even over just the last 12 months. He was a smaller shoe size away from knocking Giannis out the playoffs a year ago in a game 7 in which he was surrounded by scrubs. It's a great place to be as a fan to have a team that could legitimately trade for KD and still have enough talent to contend, or alternatively ride it out with the talent we have and STILL have a possibility of contending.

For me, the devil would be in the details for any KD deal. I could see some trades I'd love and some I'd hate immediately. What I don't get is people downplaying how good KD is or all of a sudden crapping on him like he's been this horrible teammate or dude in his career.

Look how far we've come man! I didn't sit through the lady behind me yelling out inappropriate Asik insults and cursing out Monty Williams, or the Denver playoff loss, or Mashburn's vertigo, or AD's exiting games, or Baron Davis and Chris Paul's trade demands, or David West's wife showing up to the game in a Lakers jersey.... to all of a sudden turn my nose up at watching KD join the squad and compete for a championship!
    I didn't claim that KD has made a million trade demands. I said he skips out on teams when things aren't going his way, and that's clearly true. Stuck with OKC for a long time, to his credit, and eventually left. Then went to GSW, where he was getting paid huge money to win chip after chip, and left because of drama. Went to Brooklyn, now he's asking for a trade because things aren't going his way there either. The narrative has changed since he left OKC because he has behaved differently. Pretty simple.

''Look how far we've come man!''

I know! It's exciting isn't it! We've got a deep team filled with promising, likable talent, with a bunch of assets to continue building around 3 all-star calibre players - at least one of which may be MVP calibre sooner rather than later! - ready to make deep playoff runs for years at a time, maybe even contending for a chip! It's fantastic! It's sustainable, it's a team that's likable, that's fun to watch, filled with personalities I appreciate, and who also have the possibility of winning consistently and big for years to come! There may well even be championships down the line. It's awesome! What a change from the years and years of lottery picks and traded first rounders! I love how far we've come!

Which is exactly why I don't want to trade all of it for a 34 year old who has played 80 games in the last 3 years, can't get off Twitter for more than 30 seconds because he can't resist getting into drama with nobodies, who got swept in the first round last year and therefore has shown that he alone cannot guarantee us a championship, and who - let's be realistic here - probably doesn't even want to be here. I don't want to trade all that happiness and potential for a wild telegraphed haymaker that has no real promise of connecting and, which, if it misses, launches right back to being a trashfire lottery trawler for another 5 years.

I didn't claim that KD has made a million trade demands. I said he skips out on teams when things aren't going his way, and that's clearly true. Stuck with OKC for a long time, to his credit, and eventually left. Then went to GSW, where he was getting paid huge money to win chip after chip, and left because of drama. Went to Brooklyn, now he's asking for a trade because things aren't going his way there either. The narrative has changed since he left OKC because he has behaved differently. Pretty simple.

I know! It's exciting isn't it! We've got a deep team filled with promising, likable talent, with a bunch of assets to continue building around 3 all-star calibre players - at least one of which may be MVP calibre sooner rather than later! - ready to make deep playoff runs for years at a time, maybe even contending for a chip! It's fantastic! It's sustainable, it's a team that's likable, that's fun to watch, filled with personalities I appreciate, and who also have the possibility of winning consistently and big for years to come! There may well even be championships down the line. It's awesome! What a change from the years and years of lottery picks and traded first rounders! I love how far we've come!

Which is exactly why I don't want to trade all of it for a 34 year old who has played 80 games in the last 3 years, can't get off Twitter for more than 30 seconds because he can't resist getting into drama with nobodies, who got swept in the first round last year and therefore has shown that he alone cannot guarantee us a championship, and who - let's be realistic here - probably doesn't even want to be here. I don't want to trade all that happiness and potential for a wild telegraphed haymaker that has no real promise of connecting and, which, if it misses, launches right back to being a trashfire lottery trawler for another 5 years.
    Excellent take Pelicandae!

Basketball Guru
    we went from being the talk of the playoffs to cant wait to see how we play when zion comeback to trading our young stars for KD..... prisoner of the moment...

I wish Zion and co would just get this deal done

Iove you.

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    I wish Zion and co would just get this deal done
    The protection language is going to take a while to get sorted out.

Pelicanidae just threw it down! My feelings exactly when others keep saying “I can’t believe you don’t want to trade for KD.” Hats off. Couldn’t have said it better myself!

What made great heavyweights really good champions is knowing when to throw the haymaker and how to land it.

The devil is in the detail and how much of your core and future you have to give up. We're in a good position. I'll be excited either way about the future of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    This. Trusting MM sources on this one, but then I remember Shamit has sources too and he is making me nervous which I'm sure he is enjoying since he can troll sometimes lol but man I hope KD ain't coming here. All of this sucks man lol
    You gotta do your due diligence when a top 10 player of all time is on the market and would be happy to come to your small market franchise. You don’t just close the door on that
    @mcnamara247

Has Durant even said he would be happy to come to New Orleans?
    I thought he wanted to go to Phoenix or Miami.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

I typed what I typed specifically

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You gotta do your due diligence when a top 10 player of all time is on the market and would be happy to come to your small market franchise. You don’t just close the door on that
    There's a top 10 player of all time on the market? Where?

Im not trading Zion, Ingram or jones. Untouchable

Thread Information