Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Please do not trade Zion or Ingram for Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Shamit posed an interesting scenario: "What if Heat need a 3rd team to swap Bam Adebayo for assets for KD? What's your max offer?" * Bam can't be traded to BKN Nets if Simmons is still there, some cap rule thing.

A call-back to that "Cash in on that Lakers pick offer Now?" thread, and Bam was Mac's choice.
    Yeah, I would do something like:

Nets get: JV, Herro, Trey, Hayes, Kira, Pels 2023 pick (w/Lakers swap rights), Lakers 2024/25 pick, Pels 2027 1st
    Heat get: KD
    Pels get: Bam

Nets get a bunch of good, likeable guys with upside and good to great picks, Heat go for it with KD, Lowry, and Jimmy for next few years. Pels got their foundation. Hurts to give up Trey, but you gotta do it.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Nets get: JV, Herro, Trey, Hayes, Kira, Pels 2023 pick (w/Lakers swap rights), Lakers 2024/25 pick, Pels 2027 1st

Nets get a bunch of good, likeable guys with upside and good to great picks, Heat go for it with KD, Lowry, and Jimmy for next few years. Pels got their foundation. Hurts to give up Trey, but you gotta do it.
    That seems like a good framework. Definitely would hurt to lose Trey, but Bam is elite and could complete an ultra core.

Deep in negotiations with Sean Marks, he says "We're gonna need Brooklyn's own hometown underdog hero - Jose Alvarado, to sell to our fans after losing out on AD." You say ? Probably a reluctant 'OK,' but man that would extra hurt for awhile. Until Dyson/Herb/Ingram/Zion/Bam lineups start dominating...

The trade machine visual: https://fanspo.com/nba/s/pelicans/tr...-assets-to-bkn

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Read my post again. I said I wouldn't trade BI for KD.
    You're right my bad, this bit just confused me: "I'm good on that, I'm good on dealing BI or Z for KD".

I said the same thing. He cant read
    Dude you're a colossal **************.

You literally just ******** all over my post of not wanting to trade BI for KD as being naive. When you just posted the same sentiment. Go ******** yourself.

Damn... him mad.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Damn... him mad.
    You would be too if you couldnt read

You would be too if you couldnt read
    I wish I couldn't read then I'd escape the drivel that comes out of your piehole. Unfortunately you wallpaper the entire website with your "analysis".

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    MM talks a lot of trash about reading for someone with so many consistent spelling and grammatical mistakes. Anyway, back to basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    MM talks a lot of trash about reading for someone with so many consistent spelling and grammatical mistakes. Anyway, back to basketball.
    Here we go...
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Nets definitely would want Herb in that package, and even then I don't see them going for it unless they really, really value Herro for some reason, and Heat also throw in picks... They are going to ask for either BI or Zion, or else tell us to kick rocks, which is fine with me.

Hope I'm wrong though. Adding Bam to Zion and BI would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Here we go...
    Why you gotta go and reply with quote to people I put on ignore? Now I gotta see their trash lol

Basketball Guru
    i guess right now zion has a door open to new york to live out his dream lol....

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Nets definitely would want Herb in that package, and even then I don't see them going for it unless they really, really value Herro for some reason, and Heat also throw in picks... They are going to ask for either BI or Zion, or else tell us to kick rocks, which is fine with me.

Hope I'm wrong though. Adding Bam to Zion and BI would be great.
    I'd give up another pick in that scenario to not give up Herb. I think he's your ideal lockdown guy you need around CJ, BI, and Zion. The 5 man lineup of CJ, BI, Herb, Zion, Bam is one of the best in the league, maybe the best. Dyson, Jose, Nance, Devonte waiting in the wings. Man that would be something else.
    Welcome to be here

Not sure the Nets would want JV included in a Kyrie trade if they are getting Ayton in the Durant trade.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Why you gotta go and reply with quote to people I put on ignore? Now I gotta see their trash lol
    Lol sorry man

I clearly said above I wouldnt trade BI. I was discussing a talking point (keep guys together long term) and simply pointing out that people should be prepared to be gone sooner than they think. They arent going to all grow and stay together. If 2 or 3 do, its an outlier. I, MICHAEL MCNAMARA, would rather see a team stay together even if that means falling short. Just pointing out that NBA history says that wont happen - its just a matter of when most of them get traded/leave
    Here's the difference to me. If you have the young guys, and it's time to move off of them for whatever reason: Your return for those guys will be that of stars in their prime. If you have KD and it's time to move on, it's either for peanuts or he's just retiring. I'd rather hold onto the assets

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Herb's going to be on a 4/$90 mil contract sooner than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Herb's going to be on a 4/$90 mil contract sooner than we think.
    And if he continues on his trajectory, he'll be extremely worth it. Switchable all-defense wing with legitimate size who can pass and shoot reasonably well? That's a valuable player.
    Basketball.

My only question regarding Durant, since I don’t think Griff would consider trading BI or Zion, is what kind of stars could he realistically fetch with the war chest of picks as it stands. Can he put together a package of stars for Durant just by doing the leg work on those picks. Could he go get John Collins, Gobert, and Cam Johnson by trading away every pick from now until 2027 and would that be enough to get it done. I know there’s cap concerns but this is assuming JV, Graham, and Jax were going out

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    My only question regarding Durant, since I don’t think Griff would consider trading BI or Zion, is what kind of stars could he realistically fetch with the war chest of picks as it stands. Can he put together a package of stars for Durant just by doing the leg work on those picks. Could he go get John Collins, Gobert, and Cam Johnson by trading away every pick from now until 2027 and would that be enough to get it done. I know there’s cap concerns but this is assuming JV, Graham, and Jax were going out
    Interesting thought experiment. I would actually wait to engage in this until the trade deadline. It would be helpful to see how this squad plays together and see what our weakensses are.

Thinking further, I think there’s a chance you could get Collins and Anunoby using basically just picks alone. Then you build your Durant package around those two. That may be more appetizing to Brooklyn than 7 picks for a team that doesn’t hold the rights to their own, and I do think it beats out any Phoenix offer as long as they don’t include Bridges and aren’t interested in Ayton’s max

Atlanta is jumping hard into Phoenix and Nets talks, looking to send Brooklyn Collins and other stuff, with Ayton coming to Atlanta

Nets walk away with Bridges, Collins, maybe Huerter and a bunch of picks. That ain’t a bad haul
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 07-01-2022 at 09:41 AM.

Atlanta is jumping hard into Phoenix and Nets talks, looking to send Brooklyn Collins and other stuff, with Ayton coming to Atlanta

Nets walk away with Bridges, Collins, maybe Huerter and a bunch of picks. That ain’t a bad haul
    Well there goes my dream lol.

Not a bad haul at all. In fact, if Simmons stays in Brooklyn and actually plays the defense between Simmons and Bridges could be pretty nasty for ballhandlers and wings

Thread Information