Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Please do not trade Zion or Ingram for Durant

Hall of Famer

NBA Please do not trade Zion or Ingram for Durant

the talking heads on TV seem to think this is possible

I really like the team that's building here

Kd is great, but he is 34

This team has a great chance to be the future of the league

Griff chased titles before with the diva star, he isnt doing it again. You guys can debate for fun if that interests you, but dont worry, Griff aint doing it
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Griff chased titles before with the diva star, he isnt doing it again. You guys can debate for fun if that interests you, but dont worry, Griff aint doing it
    thank god because I like having a fun team to watch and not a dude come in, destroy you, then head out

THANK YOU GOD AND GRIFF! Sheesh.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfox View Post
    thank god because I like having a fun team to watch and not a dude come in, destroy you, then head out
    Word man, ******** gave me too much anxiety not seeing him at the presser today

KD is good for maybe another year or two. He's already breaking down.

When has it ever worked out to trade for an NBA player in their mid 30s? Chris Paul and it still didn't work to the tune of a title. I'm not counting Lebron's mickey mouse bull******** title.

Season Ticket Holder
    This should be obvious to anyone who follows the NBA. Griff got raked over the coals for his comments about not having fun in Cleveland. “Everything we did was so inorganic and unsustainable and, frankly, not fun. I was miserable,” Griffin says. “Literally the moment we won the championship I knew I was gonna leave. There was no way I was gonna stay for any amount of money.”
    https://nypost.com/2019/08/01/winnin...fin-miserable/

All the talking heads on teevee know this, but their job is to come up with trade scenarios and trade scenarios are fun to talk about and suck in viewers. Ignore the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint View Post
    KD is good for maybe another year or two. He's already breaking down.

When has it ever worked out to trade for an NBA player in their mid 30s? Chris Paul and it still didn't work to the tune of a title. I'm not counting Lebron's mickey mouse bull******** title.
    The thing is, that when a team does usually make a trade for a player like that, they have to give up so much that they dont have the roster to compete. If the Pels have to give up say BI, Graham, Hayes, and picks, he would come to a loaded freaking roster

Again, aint happening, but yes they would be a real title team and could even have a good window because as KD goes down 5% every year, Zion, Daniels, Herb, Trey, etc could be all going up 5% every year

I watched the Lakers sell their soul for Lebron... hilarious how everyone calls him a basketball genius when even people barely paying attention would know that the EXACT way to sabotage the Lakers would be to trade Kyle Kuzma, Montrez Harrell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and a 1st round pick for Westbrick.... Though my suspicion is that Lebron thought he'd just let Westbrick run the offense so he himself could take it easy and play off the ball and show everyone he can be as good a shooter as Curry, because Lebron is precisely that amount of narcissistic.

In any case, I don't think Griffin wants to go down the diva path again after having a taste of it once before. Diva ball is not something I'd stick around for either... the Pels are currently right there with Golden State as being two of the top anti-diva teams in the league.

The thing is, that when a team does usually make a trade for a player like that, they have to give up so much that they dont have the roster to compete. If the Pels have to give up say BI, Graham, Hayes, and picks, he would come to a loaded freaking roster

Again, aint happening, but yes they would be a real title team and could even have a good window because as KD goes down 5% every year, Zion, Daniels, Herb, Trey, etc could be all going up 5% every year
    Not trolling here, just want your honest opinion. Barring significant injury, how long do you think it is before KD's descension and BI's ascension intersect

Earlier this year you mentioned zion's camp would sign extension and possibly ask for a trade. Do you believe they feel the same way? And if so would you even consider a zion for kd trade if that's the case?

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Not trolling here, just want your honest opinion. Barring significant injury, how long do you think it is before KD's descension and BI's ascension intersect
    I would bet KD is better next year and the year after for sure. The debate starts in '24-25. I think its 50/50 that season. Then, I think it is more likely than not that BI is better than KD in '25-26 and beyond

as KD goes down 5% every year, Zion, Daniels, Herb, Trey, etc could be all going up 5% every year
    Zion's health is sus though. Might just be CJ and Herb out there for a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfox View Post
    Zion's health is sus though. Might just be CJ and Herb out there for a lot of games.
    Well, if thats true then it is true with BI, no? Meaning that they wouldnt be a contender in the world where they dont make the trade either.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar7th View Post
    Earlier this year you mentioned zion's camp would sign extension and possibly ask for a trade. Do you believe they feel the same way? And if so would you even consider a zion for kd trade if that's the case?
    They would ask for a trade after a few years. And yes, I would personally move Zion for KD in a heartbeat. All wings lineup

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Agreed

The Franchise
    Why not get him. If KD says he’d like to play here give up the minimum you can and load up on picks.

They would ask for a trade after a few years. And yes, I would personally move Zion for KD in a heartbeat. All wings lineup
    I'm good on that. I'm good on dealing BI or Z for KD. Now CJ? Ofcourse I'd be all for that, but the persona of this team is what I love the most and I don't wanna ruin that. I'm betting on Zion to maximize his potential going forward. Seems he's turned a corner mentally and the team has culturally, so im not trading our young franchise cornerstones for a elite player that jumps teams every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I'm good on that. I'm good on dealing BI or Z for KD. Now CJ? Ofcourse I'd be all for that, but the persona of this team is what I love the most and I don't wanna ruin that. I'm betting on Zion to maximize his potential going forward. Seems he's turned a corner mentally and the team has culturally, so im not trading our young franchise cornerstones for a elite player that jumps teams every few years.
    If you don't want to ruin the persona of the team, why would you want to trade BI? BI is the guy that has completely bought in to this team.

I think the false illusion is that anything lasts in this league for years and years. Yes, Zion and BI are both young, but objective history says that these guys wont all just grow together and be together for a decade. The Warriors are the vast, vast, vast outlier. People saying "we would only get 3 or 4 years of KD" and simultaneously assuming you are gonna get 8-10 of BI and Zion, are not acting in good faith IMO. All these guys are likely leaving at some point, often sooner than expected. I saw some list today of guys that have been on the same team for I think it was 7 or 8 years and it was SPARCE. Like, 5 players, only 2 or 3 non-Warriors.

It aint gonna happen, but if you guys think all these young guys are all gonna be on this team for 5-10 years, prepare to be disappointed. Heck, if 2 of Zion, Daniels, BI, Herb, and Trey are on this team for the rest of the decade, it would be a major outlier

I think the false illusion is that anything lasts in this league for years and years. Yes, Zion and BI are both young, but objective history says that these guys wont all just grow together and be together for a decade. The Warriors are the vast, vast, vast outlier. People saying "we would only get 3 or 4 years of KD" and simultaneously assuming you are gonna get 8-10 of BI and Zion, are not acting in good faith IMO. All these guys are likely leaving at some point, often sooner than expected. I saw some list today of guys that have been on the same team for I think it was 7 or 8 years and it was SPARCE. Like, 5 players, only 2 or 3 non-Warriors.

It aint gonna happen, but if you guys think all these young guys are all gonna be on this team for 5-10 years, prepare to be disappointed. Heck, if 2 of Zion, Daniels, BI, Herb, and Trey are on this team for the rest of the decade, it would be a major outlier
    Are you the same guy that just said this:

"I am genuinely asking because I have never understood - what does the 'chip do re: joy, happiness, etc? People will say its a fantastic feeling when it happens and "banners fly forever" etc, but I just dont buy that. I think the joy comes from seeing the guys evolve and grind and run into walls one year, then jump over them the next, hit a new wall and then finally overcome to win. But its the players you connect with, that you see come up and root for and feel their failures, and then the joy comes from their success.

Yes, the franchise itself winning is awesome but I just dont believe that it would have been blissful if the Saints traded away Brees for a mercenary season of Favre and won it that way in 2010. But maybe that is just me getting older and finding the joy in the humans and the process, and not the end result as much"

So we watch BI grind his way into success and fully embrace the Pelicans, and you're willing to cast him aside for a ring chasing Durant who's on the decline?
    (well maybe not on the decline)
    Last edited by Freyfamilyreuni; 06-30-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    If you don't want to ruin the persona of the team, why would you want to trade BI? BI is the guy that has completely bought in to this team.
    Read my post again. I said I wouldn't trade BI for KD.

Shamit posed an interesting scenario: "What if Heat need a 3rd team to swap Bam Adebayo for assets for KD? What's your max offer?" * Bam can't be traded to BKN Nets if Simmons is still there, some cap rule thing.

A call-back to that "Cash in on that Lakers pick offer Now?" thread, and Bam was Mac's choice.

I clearly said above I wouldnt trade BI. I was discussing a talking point (keep guys together long term) and simply pointing out that people should be prepared to be gone sooner than they think. They arent going to all grow and stay together. If 2 or 3 do, its an outlier. I, MICHAEL MCNAMARA, would rather see a team stay together even if that means falling short. Just pointing out that NBA history says that wont happen - its just a matter of when most of them get traded/leave

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Read my post again. I said I wouldn't trade BI for KD.
    I said the same thing. He cant read

Thread Information