Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hypothetical Jax + Trades

I find myself increasingly disinterested in people who have one real skill and who would need minutes over developing players. If you're going to bump a developing player down the rotation but you're a real player with impact, that's cool, but if you have one skill and its scoring, not interested. With JV, Ingram, CJ, and Zion, we should be able to have at least 2 all-star calibre scorers on the court at any one time. Don't need Jordan Clarkson.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    i want us to replace jax with another big 6'9+ that can play defense and respectable on offense meaning if you leave him open then he can knock down a shot so defenders cant crowd the paint so our skill players can do work.....rebound and set good screens.....someone where we can start him and nance a game or two to give zion and jonas games off and still be productive because i think we will be a 50 win team if health allow us.....

dont know who that player is but if we go that route then i hope he is on that type of level....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i want us to replace jax with another big 6'9+ that can play defense and respectable on offense meaning if you leave him open then he can knock down a shot so defenders cant crowd the paint so our skill players can do work.....rebound and set good screens.....someone where we can start him and nance a game or two to give zion and jonas games off and still be productive because i think we will be a 50 win team if health allow us.....

dont know who that player is but if we go that route then i hope he is on that type of level....
    So you want a cheaper, taller, younger, Andre Iguodala !!!! Good Luck !
    Last edited by redrum; 06-27-2022 at 09:35 PM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Or EJ Liddell.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Or EJ Liddell.
    I'm probably being biased because we drafted him, but the more I watch EJ, the more optimistic I am about him taking Jax and eventually Nance's minutes (in a year or two). He looks too stiff to be more than a 3rd option on the floor, and a little too small to play important minutes when the other team has size on the floor, but he is probably already comparable, if not better, than Jax
    Last edited by b_l_p; 06-27-2022 at 11:38 PM.

Brooklyn Gets JAX, Graham and Future 1st

New Orleans gets Joe Harris (lifetime 44% from 3 on moderate volume)

To open a spot for Liddell

Thread Information