Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dream Finish to the Pelicans 2022 Offseason

If we were to trade for Jae Crowder, I’d love to keep the f**k Jae Crowder chant around ironically

I really do not like Crowder at all.
    Basketball.

Yea then I remembered all the playoff drama with Crowder, lol. Still, he's a solid vet on an expiring contract. But not sure if it makes much sense, seems more likely he goes to Miami to replace Tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think it will likely be a sign and trade a la Lonzo. They know he doesn?t wanna come back, will work out a S&T with all the teams competing for him. We shall see
    Bamba S&T for Hayes makes some sense for them. They get back a more athletic project big on a 1 year try-out deal. Pels could add a 2nd to close that deal and/or take on Temple's contract, too.

People talk about blocking our perimeter guys. To me, I’d rather block Kira and Jose than EJ (if I had to choose one). I just wouldn’t go after Mo, In almost any situation
    @mcnamara247

The Pelicans will regret adding long-term money if they decide to do that. I would hate to be painted into a corner where it's difficult to be able to re-sign, for instance, Herb Jones because you signed Mo Bamba to 4 years.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    If we were to trade for Jae Crowder, I’d love to keep the f**k Jae Crowder chant around ironically
    I guess we’d need to add a comma?

People talk about blocking our perimeter guys. To me, I’d rather block Kira and Jose than EJ (if I had to choose one). I just wouldn’t go after Mo, In almost any situation
    Does Bamba block EJ? Would he not fill the same role that Noel or Plumlee would? At least he is young and may have a future. He provides rim protection and a little bit of perimeter shooting. I would not touch him at $10 million a year, but at $7-$8 million I may consider it as insurance for JV.

What is the advantage of Orlando not giving him a QO? Are they concerned he may sign it and tie up a roster spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I really do not like Crowder at all.
    Yeah, cannot stand him. I would not want him on this team at all.

I would have Plumlee here for 1 yr and be totally good DNP’ing him if EJ shows he can handle small ball 5

You trade for Mo on a 4 yr, that’s not a viable option.Orlando didn’t offer him a QO because his cap hold is massive if they do

I would have Plumlee here for 1 yr and be totally good DNP’ing him if EJ shows he can handle small ball 5

You trade for Mo on a 4 yr, that’s not a viable option.Orlando didn’t offer him a QO because his cap hold is massive if they do
    Same reason we won't tender Jax one (20mil)

I don't think that's the only reason.

Really sounds like they've got eyes elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah, cannot stand him. I would not want him on this team at all.
    One of the underrated things about this team right now is that, for the most part, the roster and coach are people I find at least superficially likable and therefore I can root for them without feeling conflicted that there's someone on the team I hate. Of course, maybe Ingram is secretly a homophobe or Zion sneers at the homeless, I don't know, but I doubt it. So even if it makes the team better, I'd hate acquiring someone who soured that for me and made me actually resent part of the team. No Crowder please.

The thing is, if JV stays healthy, you want to be running small ball in the non-JV units anyway. The regular season formula for success seems to be a super deep, athletic, switchy team. Most good teams only played one center to take the brunt and the fouls. Otherwise, they ran relatively small. Heat, Bucks, Raptors, Grizzlies, Mavericks, Nuggets just to name a few. I think I'm learning towards just being fine with Willy as the backup 5 who gets DNPs unless JV goes down. If JV goes down for an extended period of time, then you go overpay for a Javale Mcgee or something if you think its necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think that's the only reason.

Really sounds like they've got eyes elsewhere.
    And how do you think you sign a Hartenstein if you have Bamba's massive hold on the books? He would have killed all their chances to chase FA's. Now, they could actually sign Hartenstein and Bamba if they wanted to. They wont but they could. You give Bamba the QO and there is no path to Hartenstein, or any real FA for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Same reason we won't tender Jax one (20mil)
    Wouldnt be the same because we wouldnt have any cap room regardless, so it wouldnt matter what our cap hold would be. Only matters if you are looking to be a cap space team and we wouldnt be that

Wouldnt be the same because we wouldnt have any cap room regardless, so it wouldnt matter what our cap hold would be. Only matters if you are looking to be a cap space team and we wouldnt be that
    Thanks for that

I thought they were about $40 million under the cap. May they are trying to make a run at a bigger player.

Christian Clark is skeptical a deal with Zion gets done quickly. Who is surprised

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Christian Clark is skeptical a deal with Zion gets done quickly. Who is surprised
    Christian Clark has no sources.

Listening to his pod the last couple weeks really makes me wonder what happened between he and the Zion camp. “Some people think Zion’s injury history is worse than Embiid’s was at this point in his career” is just an absurd statement from a guy that covers the team and makes a Pels podcast

Kevin O'Connor says the opposite, as does Woj. So there's that.

Listening to his pod the last couple weeks really makes me wonder what happened between he and the Zion camp. “Some people think Zion’s injury history is worse than Embiid’s was at this point in his career” is just an absurd statement from a guy that covers the team and makes a Pels podcast
    Yea, seems like a case of someone who wanted to make a name by dropping a big inside story scoop (Griff plays piano for Z), and then when that 1 report was refuted and laughed at by those involved - not a great start for a NBA team sports-writing career. And I'm sure any potential 'sources' have frozen him out after that.

“Some people think Zion’s injury history is worse than Embiid’s was at this point in his career” is just an absurd statement from a guy that covers the team and makes a Pels podcast
    Yeah that's insane. Of course Zion's had a ton of injuries to start his career - or rather, a few injuries that have taken ages to recover each time - but Joel had played a total of 31 games at this point in his career (3 seasons in) and was 23 before he played a season with more than 40 games played. Zion's played 85 games total in 3 seasons (more than twice Joel) and played 61 games in his second season, aged 20.

No questioning that Zion's had injury problems early - it's undeniable. But worse than Joel? Come on now.

Christian Clark is the biggest ************bag that covers this team. He is the absolute worst. I wouldn't blame Zion's camp for not liking him after all the bull******** he spews on a regular basis.

Thread Information