Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dream Finish to the Pelicans 2022 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by JR SMITH View Post
    I believe in him.
    Get rid of Jonas to start and pay Jaxson?
    We are watching different games!!
    What has Hayes ever done to inspire such belief?
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Get rid of Jonas to start and pay Jaxson?
    We are watching different games!!
    What has Hayes ever done to inspire such belief?
    I wouldn't trade Valanciunas until the 2024 trade deadline, unless a really good trade came up before then. I'd keep Hayes and have him replace Valanciunas at the 5 in February 2024.

Couple different options starting to get further down the line. Some things already set in stone. Those of you who wanna be Jax believers, nobody is stopping you but I wouldn’t get too attached. He is not in the long term plans at all. Priorities this summer are Zion deal, then CJ and Nance. Small chance Jax will be on the roster come season opener but it would only because they think better deal could be had in season. No need to worry about the EJ thing, it is already settled and all parties are happy. We all know the 3 roster spots most likely to turn over. In order, I would say Jax, then Temple, then Graham with regard to who is most likely to go. Graham could rise in the rankings depending on how the PG shuffle works out. But if nobody wants to give up neutral or positive value for him, he will be a Pel.
    @mcnamara247

One more note on Daniels is the rookie learning curve may not be as harsh for him because he played a full season in the G-League last season. He could be ready sooner than we think

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Couple different options starting to get further down the line. Some things already set in stone. Those of you who wanna be Jax believers, nobody is stopping you but I wouldn’t get too attached. He is not in the long term plans at all. Priorities this summer are Zion deal, then CJ and Nance. Small chance Jax will be on the roster come season opener but it would only because they think better deal could be had in season. No need to worry about the EJ thing, it is already settled and all parties are happy. We all know the 3 roster spots most likely to turn over. In order, I would say Jax, then Temple, then Graham with regard to who is most likely to go. Graham could rise in the rankings depending on how the PG shuffle works out. But if nobody wants to give up neutral or positive value for him, he will be a Pel.
    With EJ, will it start out as a 2-way or is it dependent on potential moves that are they are trying to do?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I would much rather see Graham gone than Jax. We have enough guards that need minutes. Jose Alvarado and TM3 need to see the floor more often, not to mention Kira and Daniels. Rather see them getting minutes than Graham. Jaxson has all the tools to be a good player he just hasnt mentally put it all together. But he was a late transition to basketball and is still young. I think he will be a good player on the NBA, the size, athleticism, and shooting touch are all there.

It has already been decided. My question is: Does Jake Madison already know and he just made a clickbait title or does he not get told things by the org that almost everyone else already knows?

I know he has to get downloads, but the clickbait is getting worse and worse

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    One more note on Daniels is the rookie learning curve may not be as harsh for him because he played a full season in the G-League last season. He could be ready sooner than we think
    I think EJ is really ready. Like, so much so that I would happily put him in pen as the backup 4 if and when Hayes gets moved. That guy will be a fan favorite if he gets 12-14 high energy mins off the bench

It has already been decided. My question is: Does Jake Madison already know and he just made a clickbait title or does he not get told things by the org that almost everyone else already knows?

Yea its a tough listen. I'd love an in depth nerdy analysis pod once a week. The growth of the Pels content has been tremendous, don't get me wrong, but I want a pod where I'm actually learning new things about the game and the ideologies the pels are practicing on the court. Still a lack of content in that regard.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    It's always a tough listen.

Gonna be a GREAT Pels pod up tonight with an awesome guest… (no, not me lol)

I think EJ is really ready. Like, so much so that I would happily put him in pen as the backup 4 if and when Hayes gets moved. That guy will be a fan favorite if he gets 12-14 high energy mins off the bench
    Oh agreed, but I think it's very possible that Willie can't keep Dyson off the court because his passing and defense are so advanced. Can't wait to see the passes Dyson makes to Trey in summer league if Trey plays a couple of games

Honestly agree. He plays a style that's very grounded and should translate fairly quickly to the NBA and I trust his size/strength well enough to slot into a kind of Grant Williams/PJ Tucker-ish role. Not to say he'll be as impactful as Tucker straight away, Tucker was uniquely good at the small-ball-big thing, but against backups and in spot minutes? I think it's workable.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Honestly agree. He plays a style that's very grounded and should translate fairly quickly to the NBA and I trust his size/strength well enough to slot into a kind of Grant Williams/PJ Tucker-ish role. Not to say he'll be as impactful as Tucker straight away, Tucker was uniquely good at the small-ball-big thing, but against backups and in spot minutes? I think it's workable.
    The things I'd do to be a fly on the wall for those Zion v Liddell matchups in practice

It has already been decided.
    Well, what's the decision, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    I like Jaxson Hayes. He brings the intensity we need. Like Draymond does for GS.
    Jose and Naji are more solid energy guys like Dray. Jaxson is chaotic energy that is not a net positive all the time.

And all the damn ads. I can't listen to it much anymore. All just quick rehashing and ad blasting.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    And all the damn ads. I can't listen to it much anymore. All just quick rehashing and ad blasting.
    You know what would help you endure that? Built bar!!!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    1-3 absolutely. 4 hell naw

Great in the no pod today with Kevin O’Conner. KOC seems to believe Daniels is already ready to step in and fill a role. We know Willie has no problems playing rookies if they’re ready to defend

I’d also like to end the weird thing where we say Larry Nance is 6’7. He measured at the combine as 6’7.5 w/o shoes. If we’re going to talk about everyone else with shoes, then that’s what we should do with Nance as well. He’s 6’9 on the court

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Well, what's the decision, specifically?
    Hard to keep your followers by giving them any actual, specific information when you're consistently wrong. Best to keep things vague. Of course when said insider is repeatedly proven wrong as much as any one poster off the street guessing, they just say, "you know, things change". So I don't know why he doesn't at least swing for the fences and try to guess on things more specifically. In this case, everyone can see there's a good chance Jax just doesn't fit on the team long-term, so it's not really a risky swing. But yeah, make up some dialogue at least to keep the game going instead of acting like a tarot card reader. Kinda lazy if I'm honest.
    Last edited by donato; 06-27-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Hard to keep your followers by giving them any actual, specific information when you're consistently wrong. Best to keep things vague. Of course when said insider is repeatedly proven wrong as much as any one poster off the street guessing, they just say, "you know, things change". So I don't know why he doesn't at least swing for the fences and try to guess on things more specifically. In this case, everyone can see there's a good chance Jax just doesn't fit on the team long-term, so it's not really a risky swing. But yeah, make up some dialogue at least to keep the game going instead of acting like a tarot card reader. Kinda lazy if I'm honest.
    Lol you’re wrong guy

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    You know what would help you endure that? Built bar!!!
    I actually bought some Built Bars because of his ads. Never doing it again lmao.

First, love to hear that with Jax. Right in line with what I wanted. Second, what is CJ's extension # looking like and why the rush? Nance I understand, 1 year left and he'll probably get in the 11-14 mil range like DFS and RoCo. CJ has 2 years left on his deal which are his age 31 and 32 years, why not wait a year on the extension? Especially if the number is in the 30+ range which I imagine it is. Not trying to over evaluate 6 playoff games but he wasn't great in them. Not able to get by guys as easily and he'll keep slowing down as he gets older. I love CJ and want him on this team but dont want this extension to be a big overpay
    Welcome to be here

Thread Information