Pelicans Report

Thread: Trade Jax for a top 55 protected second rounder

Trade Jax for a top 55 protected second rounder

We need to free up roster spots for guys who will actually contribute

Jax and Graham are priorities to jettison

I would say Temple is the only priority - to open up a contract for EJ.

Graham and Jaxson can compete and maybe even help a little bit during the season. No need to force anything. Honestly, dump or just cut Temple and sign the two rookies + Zion extension, and then FO can go on vacation for the next few months. Come back in September, fully rested. Roster is just fine. 15 deep with tons of competition
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I would say Temple is the only priority - to open up a contract for EJ.

Graham and Jaxson can compete and maybe even help a little bit during the season. No need to force anything. Honestly, dump or just cut Temple and sign the two rookies + Zion extension, and then FO can go on vacation for the next few months. Come back in September, fully rested. Roster is just fine. 15 deep with tons of competition
    What do you think it would take to get Temple off the roster in terms of future 2nd rounders?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    What do you think it would take to get Temple off the roster in terms of future 2nd rounders?
    A future 2nd is usually worth about 2-3 million. Two 2nds and cash is a fair deal. The 2024 2nd we got from Chicago for Ball and our 2024 2nd plus some cash would be fair. Or, you can just buyout Temple and eat that money.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I would definitely prefer to get rid of Graham before Jax. Hayes is quite clearly still developing.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I would definitely prefer to get rid of Graham before Jax. Hayes is quite clearly still developing.
    Hayes is also due an extension.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hayes is also due an extension.
    Just because he's due an extension doesn't mean you have to give him one. There's value to having him on the roster this season, even if you let him walk next year for nothing. There's still universes where it clicks for him this season. But I think a team comes calling in the offseason looking for a flyer

I mean, you can not give Hayes an extension and extend him the QO and have him play on that next year. No rush to just get off him

You basically have until April to create the roster spot to give EJ the contract. Trust me, the rush to do that is only in the fans minds, not the FO

I mean, you can not give Hayes an extension and extend him the QO and have him play on that next year. No rush to just get off him

You basically have until April to create the roster spot to give EJ the contract. Trust me, the rush to do that is only in the fans minds, not the FO
    It's an intelligent thing to project ahead and the logistics that come with it

Well, I am telling you, they have a plan. It’s fine. No need to worry but do what you like

Well, I am telling you, they have a plan. It’s fine. No need to worry but do what you like
    I wasn't the one who proposed the question, I was offering some insight as to a possible mindset of the proposer

I guess us Aussies are all homogenised to you

Apparently they aren't done. I'm interested to see how the off season goes, but it doesnt sound like this is the final 17

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Apparently they aren't done. I'm interested to see how the off season goes, but it doesnt sound like this is the final 17
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    You have sauces? Why have you kept this from us

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You have sauces? Why have you kept this from us
    Lol these things are always so fluid that it's usually not even worth posting. Can't tell you how many times I've gotten a "stay tuned" text and then nothing actually happens

I understand

You should just post all intel anyway

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Why do we have to trade Temple? Can't we just buy him out to create the roster spot whenever it's needed, and sell a 2nd round pick in the future if we feel like we need to recoup the cash? This can be done at any point prior to April 2023, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Why do we have to trade Temple? Can't we just buy him out to create the roster spot whenever it's needed, and sell a 2nd round pick in the future if we feel like we need to recoup the cash? This can be done at any point prior to April 2023, correct?
    Can't wait until April 2023 to create the roster spot needed by getting rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Can't wait until April 2023 to create the roster spot needed by getting rid of him.
    Exactly as long he gets splinters on his arse sitting on the bench waving a towel, whats the hurry? Not worth moving future assets for or paying out.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Exactly as long he gets splinters on his arse sitting on the bench waving a towel, whats the hurry? Not worth moving future assets for or paying out.
    So how do you fit Liddell or any other players onto the roster while he takes up the last spot? Do you bank on Liddell accepting a 2-way?

I just wanna say. In years past I would be super excited to get a Garrett temple or James Johnson (at this stage of their career). It's a nice thing to have the opposite problem now
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Thread Information