Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Pelicans, Dyson Daniels

Pelicans Welcome to the Pelicans, Dyson Daniels

New Pelicans player Dyson Daniels, drafted #8.

Basketball.

Says he had dinner with Willie Green on workout day. Says playing for a coach who was a player is huge and gives him an opportunity to learn.

Welcome to the team Dyson!

Was trying to remember if his Dad played NBL, but looks like didn't

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Was trying to remember if his Dad played NBL, but looks like didn't
    Played SEABL for Bendigo

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Larry Nance must've shrunk over the off-season

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Boy do I remember the days when we pined for guys like these. Now it's a full overdose.

So far Fletch has been right

First person in this thread to mention Lonzo Ball and Fred Vinson!

Woot!

But I do like this pick a lot. I really like our backcourt rotation, now. Jose and CJ needed Dyson.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    Played SEABL for Bendigo
    For a minute, I was thinking this guy was possibly his father

Wayne McDaniel is an American former professional basketball player. He spent much of his career in the Australian National Basketball League (NBL), playing 288 games from 1983-1994. He scored over 7,600 points in his career at an average of 26.5 points per game over twelve seasons with 4 teams. He was a four-time NBL All-Star.

Why is he wearing the same material that you see connected to an air conditioner

Guy on CBS who's been following Daniels since 9th grade said shooting used to be a strength for him. He developed some playmaking later.

So that explains the good looking shooting form.

Im sure everyone has seen this during their draft prep, Schmitz's interviews were great and I'm sad he's been hired by a team, but here's some takeaways from Daniels himself.

Areas of focus for him:

''I think with my jumpshot, I've got my mechanics right now, so it's just about speeding it up. So a lot of shots every day with coaches and stuff, just speeding up the shot. And putting on some size, getting in the gym, putting on some size, those are the two main focuses.''

How many positions can you guard?

''I think I can definitely guard 4. Personally, for me, I think I'm a pretty good post defender as well, so I wouldn't say I can go out there and guard Joel Embiid but to hold my spot there, hold it for 4 or 5 seconds until help comes. 1-4 is definitely realistic for me to guard and being my size it only helps to be 6'7 and guard 4 positions.''

Mentions that for him it's all in knowing the scouting report and focusing on the tendencies of the players, and really pays attention to the first chest-bump as a pivotal moment of guarding a ballhandler.

Says that shooting is a confidence thing for him and he takes about 500 threes a day in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Why is he wearing the same material that you see connected to an air conditioner
    Figured it was Aussie fashion to protect from the holes in the ozone layer.

So refreshing to hear how stoked he is. Aussies and Cajuns mix well.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Figured it was Aussie fashion to protect from the holes in the ozone layer.

So refreshing to hear how stoked he is. Aussies and Cajuns mix well.
    I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Im sure everyone has seen this during their draft prep, Schmitz's interviews were great and I'm sad he's been hired by a team, but here's some takeaways from Daniels himself.

Areas of focus for him:

''I think with my jumpshot, I've got my mechanics right now, so it's just about speeding it up. So a lot of shots every day with coaches and stuff, just speeding up the shot. And putting on some size, getting in the gym, putting on some size, those are the two main focuses.''

How many positions can you guard?

''I think I can definitely guard 4. Personally, for me, I think I'm a pretty good post defender as well, so I wouldn't say I can go out there and guard Joel Embiid but to hold my spot there, hold it for 4 or 5 seconds until help comes. 1-4 is definitely realistic for me to guard and being my size it only helps to be 6'7 and guard 4 positions.''

Mentions that for him it's all in knowing the scouting report and focusing on the tendencies of the players, and really pays attention to the first chest-bump as a pivotal moment of guarding a ballhandler.

Says that shooting is a confidence thing for him and he takes about 500 threes a day in practice.
    It's a tale before time, but shooting is the 'easiest' thing to fix

It's actually a lovely shot too, just needs speeding up as he says

What you think at 41, dae? Sharife Cooper would make your night, huh? LOL

He has a hot mom too.

Someone post a good Dyson highlight video please

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Someone post a good Dyson highlight video please

Not a highlights video person so I don't have a particular favourite but this one looks alright

Not a highlights video person so I don't have a particular favourite but this one looks alright
    I feel like you're not super thrilled with Dyson

Thread Information