Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    OG might be on the best contract in basketball and I love the fit. If you can convince Herb to step back in his role, of course. It's a homerun on paper
    He is gonna need a new contract and when you give up a top 10 pick for a player, they now have a ton of leverage. Next contract won’t be cheap
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    1. Draft Sochan. He?s got a ton of potential but can also contribute right away. He could be a great backup PF/C and really give this team elite defense. He?s a great playmaker. Get a 3 point shot down and he?s going to be a steal.

2. Dyson Daniels would be great to draft. He is a guy who could be a starting PG/SG eventually. It?s good to have a 6?7? guard?. A good defender and could really help this team over time.

3. Move up for Keegan Murray. This would be a great move because we need insurance at PF in case Zion has an injury. This guy has star potential.

4. Trade down for 10th pick and KCP. Send Hayes and Graham and 8th pick. Draft best player available.

5. Draft Dieng. Could be a steal. I?d be ok with this. He?s fluid, good shooter, decent defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He is gonna need a new contract and when you give up a top 10 pick for a player, they now have a ton of leverage. Next contract won’t be cheap
    I mean you have him locked in for 2 seasons

Don’t get me wrong, I think we’d flip him

Sure but if you have Zion, CJ, Ingram, OG, JV, surely you're thinking about being a legitimate contender of a team. And in that case who cares what the payroll is - I certainly don't.
    Basketball.

If getting OG means reducing Herbs role than I?m against it, I?m literally against trading for anyone who is going to diminish his role

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I mean you have him locked in for 2 seasons
    Nope. 1 year, then a PO he will decline

I want a swing for the fences player. With Zion coming back and Murphy getting a bigger role no one is getting minutes. Get a high upside guy and like MM said let him grind every day in practice with the team. I would be very happy out of any of the 4 between Daniels, Deing, Sharpe, Sochan. You could make a case for any 4 of these that they have great qualities that can become elite.

If Blazers take Sharpe and Daniels was on the board, but Raps wanted to leap ahead of Spurs and take Sochan, would you guys do:

Hayes, Temple, 8 for OG?

Idk how to approach this question honestly

You don’t trade for OG unless you have an extension agreed to IMO. And those talks start at 25 per IMO

His PO is for 2024-2025

2 guaranteed years (2022-23 and 2023-24) then a PO (2024-25) according bball reference and Spotrac
    Welcome to be here

I've been against pushing the chips in for a player but I'm enamored with OG. The price only being 8 and him being under contract for 2 more years is a big deal for me. Hell, I'd give up Nance instead of Temple in that deal if I had to.

Gotta admit, I'm pretty skeptical on Dieng. I'd take Jalen Williams before I take Dieng. J-Will accomplished everything in his junior year that you hope Dieng might in the next couple of years, and he did it on a team that wasn't exactly loaded, where he had to carry a lot of the load.
    Last edited by Eyquem; 06-23-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Sorry, 1 more year after this one. You are negotiating with him immediately if you make the deal.

I agree that I don’t care about the Pels payroll but until they pay the tax, and pay it multiple times, it has to be a part of the calculus. If you acquire a guy who will take you over the tax in the future, you have to assume letting someone other guys go as an opportunity cost

Wish we were in on the Dejounte Murray negotiations.

If Blazers take Sharpe and Daniels was on the board, but Raps wanted to leap ahead of Spurs and take Sochan, would you guys do:

Hayes, Temple, 8 for OG?
    All day.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Wish we were in on the Dejounte Murray negotiations.
    SA is not shopping him. They let teams talk to them but they aren’t shopping him. And in the 2 in 100 universe where they move him, it wouldn’t be in division

Starter
    Help me out here....who is OG?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    OG Anunoby

Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan View Post
    Help me out here....who is OG?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I think their plan is heavy G League and practice with the team. To Dieng's credit, he wasnt getting a ton of reps this past season because he was struggling so much early, but he kept grinding and grinding on his own and in practice and made a huge leap by the end of the year.

Pels have a lot of people working in New Zealand that they trust and the reports they got back on the kid is that the work ethic, humility, etc is off the charts. Whatever his ceiling is, he will reach or come darn close. The debate is on what that ceiling is. I see more Parsons or Batum, while I think the more optimistic Pels people see Ingram, or this is wild, but one said "taller Harden without the drama"
    I?ve said a less athletic prime Nic Batum with less range (Batum shot 37% from three his first four years) and not as good defensively. The BI comparison you say some Pels people see is way out there (I guess I kind of see where they’re coming from, but mega confidence) and the Harden one is frankly idiotic.

I think they like the core they have and won't be making any kind of splash moves for a player like OG. Just seems unnecessary.

Think it's pretty obvious they'd target Mathurin and Daniels if they stay at 8. Daniels just fits that "type" they been looking for in recent years. Mathurin more upside.

But after the first few picks this draft might get crazy. Just too flat with a few unknowns like Sharpe. Mocks are all over the place.

Right. But his future is not fixed and the part of the equation none of us has access to is the work ethic side

Imagine someone telling you Giannis would end up as a top 20 player of all time in 2013

Not comparing him to Giannis. Just saying that the intangibles and the growth of the body are things us internet scouts had no access to. They have loved Dieng for months and a lot of that is due to things you can’t see on YouTube

It's speculated that the medicals teams are receiving say Dieng is still in the midst of a growth spurt. People currently think he's around 6'10 with a 7'1 wingspan

Thread Information